Dakota 29er: Which derailleur hanger from PricePoint?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Dakota 29er: Which derailleur hanger from PricePoint?

I'm at work and want to get this order in today so I can ride this week. I think it's either the Sette Impulse:
    https://www.pricepoint.com/detail/19...eur-Hanger.htm

or it's the
    Sette Phantom

If I were to order it here from these guys I think it would be this one:
    https://derailleurhanger.com/images/DH_38_BIG.jpg

But I prefer to order from pricepoint since I know they will have it to me in a day or so plus I need to get some other stuff.

Anybody know for sure which one it is?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyc
    I'm at work and want to get this order in today so I can ride this week. I think it's either the Sette Impulse:

or it's the
    Sette Phantom

If I were to order it here from these guys I think it would be this one:
    https://derailleurhanger.com/images/DH_38_BIG.jpg

But I prefer to order from pricepoint since I know they will have it to me in a day or so plus I need to get some other stuff.

Anybody know for sure which one it is?
    Here is a list of the hanger substitutes for Sette.

Never mind, you dont actually own a Sette. Take your old derailleur hanger off and compare it to the pictures.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I am 99% sure it's the #38 if I were to order it from Jensen and from that online hanger shop.

If I look at the link you posted, the "non-sette" version cross ref. to the #38 is the "Phantom and the Impulse" so I assume the two are actually the same hanger...just with different part #s.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Anyone with Dakota 29s following along at home. I ordered the Sette "Impulse" hanger from PricePoint. It was $14.98 which was the cheapest price for a hanger I could find.

I have it on the bike and it works just fine.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I need to pickup an extra one before I head into the wilds. I do not need to walk out 20 mi. because of a mechanical.
    '08 Jamis Dakota 29er
    '92 Hardrock Commuter

mtbr member
    Unless your buying more than just the hanger I dont suggest buying them online. LBS have them for 20 bucks, most of the time in stock or they can get them in a day or so. Broke one today, 20 to 22 dollars online plus shipping, it was 21 locally. Its a very good deal for it, if your buying more than just the hanger.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    Unless your buying more than just the hanger I dont suggest buying them online. LBS have them for 20 bucks, most of the time in stock or they can get them in a day or so. Broke one today, 20 to 22 dollars online plus shipping, it was 21 locally. Its a very good deal for it, if your buying more than just the hanger.
    My "LBS" won't talk to you unless you're riding a Trek, Gary Fisher, or Specialized. I called them and asked them anyway. They said "for what bike" I said "for a Jamis but I just want to know if you have a bunch I can look through because I'll bring mine in and see if I can find a match." The guy was short and said "we don't deal with Jamis."

I don't blame them. I rarely give them my business. I work on my own stuff and buy almost everything online. They don't need me and I don't need them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOnBike
    Thanks for the info. I need to pickup an extra one before I head into the wilds. I do not need to walk out 20 mi. because of a mechanical.
    This was me the other day:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyc
    My "LBS" won't talk to you unless you're riding a Trek, Gary Fisher, or Specialized. I called them and asked them anyway. They said "for what bike" I said "for a Jamis but I just want to know if you have a bunch I can look through because I'll bring mine in and see if I can find a match." The guy was short and said "we don't deal with Jamis."

I don't blame them. I rarely give them my business. I work on my own stuff and buy almost everything online. They don't need me and I don't need them.
    The place I went is a GF/Trek/Kona Dealer. The guy sat there and looked at all the hangers they had. When they didn't have it, he searched there catalog of parts. Found it and put it on order for me. But the LBS I was at is one of the top 100 in America, says there Website and commercial at least.

I dont normally preach buying from a LBS, but its nice to get good service not matter where I got my bike.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremer03
    The place I went is a GF/Trek/Kona Dealer. The guy sat there and looked at all the hangers they had. When they didn't have it, he searched there catalog of parts. Found it and put it on order for me. But the LBS I was at is one of the top 100 in America, says there Website and commercial at least.

I dont normally preach buying from a LBS, but its nice to get good service not matter where I got my bike.
    I hear ya. My LBS would rather cater to roadies and sell hybreds and kids bikes to people off the street.

I wish I had a good LBS but it is what it is.

Members who have read this thread: 0