Cracked seatstay xlt 2.0- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Cracked seatstay xlt 2.0

So I have heard of people breaking their chainstays on these bikes, but I have never heard of what happened to mine. I went on a ride that was relativley smooth, no big drops or jumps. After the ride when I was loading up I noticed a crack on the left seatstay right around the bearing. I didn't crash or do anything that would stress that spot specifically. Now, I'm not really sure what to do. I bought the frame new off ebay a couple of years ago. Do I contact jamis directly, or should I try and take it to a jamis dealer? Or is this something that should even be taken to jamis? Thanks, here is a picture also.
    Alan

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have a Parker and the same thing happened to mine yesterday broke right at the shock. I've only had it for a month and just been riding cross country on it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    sorry about your cracked frame. I have a XLT 3.0 and I love it. My first Jamis Dakar snapped twice at the chainstay. Jamis fixed the first one,then I up graded to the XLT3.0 for the second break. Your problem is the ebay purchase! Jamis might sell you the part but they won't warranty ebay sales.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I would check with Jamis directly and let them know that you are looking to purchase one, not warranty it. That's how I handled it and they sold the chainstay to me extremely cheap.

the test dummy
    bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

that sucks

i just got my Parker this week. im picking it up today (its getting assembled). I hope this doesn't happen to me. :-/
    08 Jamis Parker
    05 Jamis Komodo

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Just happened to me, what did you end up doing ? I was figuring I could wrap a piece of metal around the eyelet or wrap carbon fiber around. It happened while testing the internal inflation of the rear shock, not even while riding. Go figure...

Jeff

Members who have read this thread: 0