Bottom Bracket for a 2000? Dakar Sport- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2018

Bottom Bracket for a 2000? Dakar Sport

I have what I believe is a 2000 Dakar Sport (It's got a steel frame and both disc brake and v-brake mounts) and was wondering if anyone knows the BB size for it?

Also if anyone has any other manuals or specs for that year, or any way I can be sure that it actually is a 2000 that would be awesome!

mtbr member
    I can't answer your question directly since the earliest Dakar Sport I had was a 2003, that was 68MM. The bike is long gone though so unfortunately it's a guess but they may be quite similar but mine was Aluminum.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Well looking at bicyclebluebook (not sure how accurate it is and not sure if I can link it yet cause I dont have enough posts) it would appear that it is a 110x68 like you said so hopefully it fits! Thanks!

If anyone else has any vintage Dakar Sport info that would be awesome!

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by nixcamic View Post
    I have what I believe is a 2000 Dakar Sport (It's got a steel frame and both disc brake and v-brake mounts) and was wondering if anyone knows the BB size for it?

Also if anyone has any other manuals or specs for that year, or any way I can be sure that it actually is a 2000 that would be awesome!
    Hi, A little late to the party here, but the the spec you have is correct for a 2000 dakar sport, 68mm shell x 110mm. The 2000 dakar sport would have been a gloss black frame with a red Jamis logo on the down tube, it would have also said on the top tube dakar sport. If you have not found out yet for sure, post a pic and i can try to identify for you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSlayerChris View Post
    Hi, A little late to the party here, but the the spec you have is correct for a 2000 dakar sport, 68mm shell x 110mm. The 2000 dakar sport would have been a gloss black frame with a red Jamis logo on the down tube, it would have also said on the top tube dakar sport. If you have not found out yet for sure, post a pic and i can try to identify for you.
    Yup, that describes it accurately. Although I found out that my BB is fine, it's my bottom suspension bushing that has issues.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by nixcamic View Post
    Yup, that describes it accurately. Although I found out that my BB is fine, it's my bottom suspension bushing that has issues.
    You might have to check a company like RWC who has hard to find suspension bearings and pivots for the older bikes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSlayerChris View Post
    You might have to check a company like RWC who has hard to find suspension bearings and pivots for the older bikes.
    Jamis might still have the parts available, post a pic of the pivot parts and i can check for you. the part number i found is 12-0062 which they have, but send a pic so i can confirm thats the right number for you.