anyone have a dakar a1 or a2?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2018

anyone have a dakar a1 or a2?

I've been looking at the dakar series bikes. pro's-con's, anything similar I should maybe also check out? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by cbarber120 View Post
    I've been looking at the dakar series bikes. pro's-con's, anything similar I should maybe also check out? Thanks!
    I know this might be a little late of a reply. Did you have any specific questions about this platform ?

The rear suspension has an almost vertical wheel travel for precise rear wheel tracking. The both have tapered head tubes 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 to improve front end stability.

The main frames on the A1 and A2 versions are the same build except for color. The difference between the two is the build specs. The A1 having a Rock Shox Recon fork with 15mm thru axle and 100 mm spacing. 120mm suspension travel. its built up with the shimano SLX 11speed drivetrain, race face cranks, raceface cockpit, and KS dropper.
    The A2 on the other hand is set up with an SR suntour Raidon LOR fork, also 15 x 100 with 120mm travel, but has the shimano Deore drivetrain, in a 10speed, suntour crank, also has raceface cockpit, does not have a dropper, but has a raceface post

Both bikes are running WTB STX i25 rims 27.5", TCS

Both have rear 12 x 142 spacing

Both have WTB volt saddles and both have Vittoria Barzo 27.5 x 2.35 tires that are also tubless ( comes from the factory with tubes in both models, however you can convert to tubeless with valves and sealant )

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Hi. Does any one have any in saddle time in the new Dakars either A1 or A2 versions ? thoughts. Comparisons ?