Any Kromo riders out there?- Mtbr.com
    long standing member

Any Kromo riders out there?

I've been searching around looking for feedback on the Kromo DJ bike. A search on this forum didn't turn up anything, but I figured I'd put up a thread to see if there was anyone out there with time on one. The geometry seems decent and the price is reasonable. I don't recognize the brands/models of some of the components so I was curious about their performance/reliability and opinions on the bike as a whole. Any input is appreciated.

Paper or plastic?
    I got one, but I'm using it to ride the pump track.

My limited input:
    - crank is super duper beefy. Weighs a ton and should be able to handle quite a bit of abuse. For what I do, I replaced it with an RF Atlas
    - rims are wide and look to be pretty solid.
    - fork is so so (seems to leak oil quite a bit) but will do for now. Does not feel too bad. It's a Q/R.
    - brakes have zero modulation, but that's not a big deal

For the price, it's hard to beat though. I'm happy with it. I turned it into a 1x9, and I'm installing a chainguide. Changed the tires for 2.35 SB8. They roll well and hook up nicely on the track.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

Witty McWitterson
    I've got one of the Bone color ones from a couple years back. Like Zorg, I use mine on the pump track for the most park. I'll use it to bash about town on too, but nothing to terribly abusive, though I'm sure the frame would handle it. The stock for though...it sucks. They've changed that for '10, but it seems the whole thing has been updated for '10...for the better.

Only thing I've done to mine is change the brakes to some that work and upgraded the sh!t crank bros 50/50's to atomlab GI's. I like the bike over all.
    Just a regular guy.

Paper or plastic?
    After putting long pins on the 50/50, they feel better, but not great.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I would have to say get a kona shred, giant stp or p1 for the money. I have only rode a friends 2009 kromo but didn't care much for it. The bars are way too wide, the fork is super flexy and leaking, and we had to break his chain to take off the back wheel because jamis put too short of a chain on it. Thats only my 2cents. When buying a dirt jumper I'd suggest going with a company thats been making that kind of bikes for the longest.

Members who have read this thread: 0