2009 XCR Line Up?- Mtbr.com

Oct 2008

2009 XCR Line Up?

I am wondering if there is going to be XCR COMP level bike for 2009? Looking at the 2009 catalog I didn't see a DAKAR XCR Comp or Sport but in a video form Interbike Jamis mentioned a COMP level XCR. There seem to be huge gap between the Expert and XC. My dealer couldn't tell me so I was hoping someone knows something more or I'm off to find an 08 instead of waiting for the 09.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Hi Jim,
    Thanks for the interest in Jamis Bicycles!

There will not be a XCR Comp or Sport for 2009, the XCR line up starts with the Expert at $2900.00 and you are right there is a pretty big gap between that and the XC at $1025.00.

How we filled that gap is with a new model, the XCT (a 5" bike based off a mixture of our XCR and XAM line ups). The XCT 1.0 starts off at $1685 and is solid XC/ trail bike. Featuring RockShox front and rear and the new Shimano SLX rear der. and a full Ritchey cock pit. Check this bike out and the rest of the 2009 Jamis line up by downloading our new catalog,http://jamisbikes.com/2009_JAMIS_eCATALOG.pdf

Hope this answers your questions and please feel free to drop me a line anytime!

Thanks
    Skip
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt

Oct 2008
    Hey Skip,
    I'm very interested in the XCR Expert but the msrp is a few hundy out of my price range. My local Jamis dealer can't find me an 08 model. I can't find one online either. Any suggestions?

check out this website. I reported it to the shop. $500 per bike if you buy 10???? This must be fraud.
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/...Expert_XC.html

Regards,
    JJ
    Last edited by afterhours07083; 10-22-2008 at 06:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    You couldn't have prettied up the XCT???

It is one butt ugly bike compared to the XCR.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaseh
    You couldn't have prettied up the XCT???

It is one butt ugly bike compared to the XCR.
    Many would beg to differ

Members who have read this thread: 0