2009 Xcr?- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2009 Xcr?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2009 Xcr?

I was wonderig if anyone had a 2009 XCR Team or Pro and their impressions? especailly in the way of pedal bob and ride.
    S-Works all the bikes!
    Just another used cat for sale

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That is the one I am looking at, but seeing as how I'm currently out work the wife would kill me if I got it. I just wish they came stock with the Chris King/Edge tubulars that the team uses.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

XCR Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JoshS
    I was wonderig if anyone had a 2009 XCR Team or Pro and their impressions? especailly in the way of pedal bob and ride.
    Josh,
    Rob here from Jamis Bicycles. Now, I can't really offer an unbiased opinion however, I do have some experience riding this bike. Actually, a XCR Expert which has the same geometry just made out of aluminum.

I feel the bike has a very spritely, efficient feel with minimal pedal bob while in or out of the saddle with running 15%-20% sag. If you run 25%-30% sag the bike still pedals very well but has a much "deeper" feel to it. Almost like a super light 5" bike.
    With any bike, any design, you have to take the time to set it up properly to get optimal performance. One nice attribute with our MP3 suspension is that you can run 10% through 30% sag and your pedaling performance dose not suffer.
    Personally, I feel the XCR is the sleeper bike of our entire product line and I have gone on record stating my feeling with our product managers. The bike climbs great and rip's on the decent.
    The alloy versions holds a line very well and I can only imagine the carbon model handles a bit better and is obviously lighter and stiffer at the head tube and BB.

My 2 pennies.

Best, Rob

meow meow
    i feel the dakar suspension design offers virtually no bob (at least for a lightweight like me).

no bi+tchin'
    Josh,
    Iíve put a lot of miles on a 2008 XCR Expert, same bike but as stated before only difference is with the frame material. I live in CT and if youíre familiar with classic New England single track, you know how challenging it is on rider and bike. I weigh 185 and am 5í10í. I canít say enough about how happy I am with the XCR. Donít forget these bikes come with either the RP2 or RP23 rear shock with the Propedal feature. On extended or sometimes tricky climbs the Propedal feature allows little movement yet still giving you some cushion on decent size bumps. Over the past 10 years, Iíve ridden and still own some of the ďBig BrandĒ bike and have had good luck with them, but when you REALLY compare the component specs bike for bike the Jamis value is hard to beat. This bike handles as good as any of those bikes in the same category. Let me also note, I had a problem with the rear triangle about a year after I got the XCR and though my LBS it was changed out at no cost and I was riding it in 5 days.
    Higgs

Mid Pack
    Jul 2005

Xcr

Well I have the 2009 XCR built up at 23.6 lbs with pedals . I took it for its first real ride on sunday , and I must say I love it . I spent my past season on a Scott Spark of withch I liked alot. With all the hype on the Spark I have to say I found a bike that is stiffer and the suspension design is excellent . I find very little bob out of it and it climbs very well. I liked the Spark and felt good and I find the XCR has an edge on the suspension

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hey Higgs, where are you from?
    I'm a ff in CT also-central I'd say.
    Riding an 05 XLT now but bike shopping for something new.
    trying to decide if I really need more travel(and more weight)

no bi+tchin'
    Live in Enfield, Ride Snip mostly, sometimes W. Hartford Rez and Case. Ever on Bikerag?

Members who have read this thread: 0