2008 Komodo - Chain Guide Problems- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

2008 Komodo - Chain Guide Problems

Hi all,

So I purchased a Blackspire Stinger Chainguide for the new Komodo and I'm having clearance issues with the granny ring. Has anyone had any experience with this? With any chainguide on this bike? As I understand it, the standard was created to avoid these problems.

I've identified a potential workaround, using some spacers on the spindle, but I also notice that the ISCG05 tabs aren't perpendicular to the ground. The piece they welded onto the bottom bracket for the tabs wasn't mounted flush and as a result the chain is rubbing on the backplate for the guide. Just looking to see if anyone has any pointers. I love the bike and have been upgrading a few things here and there, but I just want it all to work properly now!

Thank you,

Mike
    You guys wanna ride bikes?

Hip

Feb 2008

Komodo

I put an E13 guide on mine and havnt had any issues. The bolts where you bolt the bash guard on rubbed a bit and I tried to adjust the spacers but they stopped rubbing so I let it be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hip; 02-16-2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Add Pics

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nice ride Hip. Thanks for the input, I got my stinger setup to work. Is that the 14.5 Komodo? How do you like the bike so far? My next upgrades are going to be the front rotor followed by the wheels. Here are some pics of my bike's current setup with Holy Rollers for a trip to Ray's in early March:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You guys wanna ride bikes?

Hip

Feb 2008
    Yes...the 14.5. I really like it. I actually tried to sell it to build a full suspension and I never did. People offered me $400-500 for it. I paid $800 and have $700 in upgrades. I would rather just keep it and hardly ride it then to sell it for what the cranks and chain guide cost.LOL Im glad I kept it. Its a fun bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0