2007 Komodo 2.0- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2007 Komodo 2.0

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

2007 Komodo 2.0

I'm thinking about picking up a 2007 komodo 2.0 in the near future for some freeriding / urban / trailride duty. Is there anything I should know about this bike - stuff that will need upgrading for that type of riding? I think that my first project will be to strip and re-paint the frame. Your insight on this bike is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

mtbr member
    i have had a '05 komodo for a couple seasons which is exact same frame as the 07, i got the 1.0 for cheap off jenson and my main issue with it aside from many sub par parts (which you can expect) was the very high standover height. im 6'0''-6'1" but have shorter legs and longer torso so my nuts ride the top tube just standing over it. with a long stem it was good for me for xc and urban riding it was good but feet come off the pedals there is no clearance... i got the 18.5 tho, think shouldve got 16.5 but dont think that it actually had that much more clearance. got a vagrant which has way better geo for me; but i still like the komodo, it is a fun bike and strong, i beat the hell outta mine and im 215lbs, bent both rims and trashed derailleurs fork, but the frame is real good, stout. so keep that sizing in mind when you decide.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks, yeah I'm going to be getting the medium. I've received a lot of input telling me to get the Vagrant instead, but it's expensive! I'm going to get my money's worth out of the Komodo though - I'll post pics when she shows up.

mtbr member
    The Komodo is a very strong frame and very versatile. I have one set up with a pike and yada yada. Ill have to get some pics of here here shortly...
    "Never mistake motion for action."

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle."

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I've posted this already, but it seems like a good time to show it again:

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I just got this bike. Agreed that stand over is tall. Not the best component set but will do the job. Only went on one short ride trying to dial in the brakes and such. Overall good deal for 500 bucks.

mtbr member
    im fixing mine up and singlespeeding it.... i like your 1x9 setup there chelbod

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Thanks...me too. I'd SS mine too...if I weren't so old and slow.

Members who have read this thread: 0