2007 Dakar XLT seatpost size?- Mtbr.com

Sep 2008

2007 Dakar XLT seatpost size?

I received a new frame under warrantee from Jamis (thanks!). After moving all my compontents over from the 2005 frame to the 2007 frame I found out they have made the seat tube bigger so now im stuck trying to find a seat post to fit. I measured the inside diameter of the tube and it comes up between 31.1 mm - 31.2 mm. I've been looking online and can't find anything with that size. Best I find is 30.9mm. There are alot at 31.6 but that is obviously too big. In contrast, when I measure the tube on the old frame and compare the measurent to the older seatpost that fits that frame, it is a bit smaller to. Will I be ok with a 30.9 or better yet, does anyone have a 2007 Dakar XLT that can check their post? I checked the Jamis website and it is incorrect, they say the tube is 27.2 for the 2007. That is what my 2005 frame is but the newer one is bigger. Oh, and also what seat clamp size? Need that to.
    Thanks,
    Brett
    Just a side note, Jamis was quick to respond to my LBS and get me my new frame. I filled out the warrantee form on 10/09/08 and got the frame on 10/21/08. Kudos to Jamis.
    Last edited by brale; 10-24-2008 at 07:28 AM.

mtbr member
    I had the same issue. I turned in my 2005 XLT 2.0 and was replaced by a 2007 XLT in a sweet black color....30.9 is the correct post. BTW the front derailleur is different too.

Singletrack Addict!!!
    That's good to hear. That's what I expected when I took my frame to the local dealer,(maybe not that fast) but it's been over 5 weeks now and according to them, no reply from Jamis. Makes me think someone in the dealer it's not doing it's job right or has the wrong contacts. Reading this has renewed my hopes for Jamis great CS.....

Members who have read this thread: 0