2005 Jamis Dakar fork- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2005 Jamis Dakar fork

Hey guys. so i have a standard jamis dakar with the manitou splice fork with 100mm travel. i got a steal on an 09 rock shox recon 351 with 120mm travel. i talked to jamis they said the warranty would be voided but for a rider who doesnt ride hard would this be fine? any dakar riders here who run a longer fork?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    20mm is not that drastic a change, especially when you factor in the additional sag. It might slow the steering down a little, but probably won't put too much more stress on the headtube. But personally, I would not want to risk losing the warranty on the frame. A lifetime warranty on a frame is a pretty valuable thing.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    The Dakar and Dakar Sport share the same frame but differ in color. The 2005 Dakar Sport has the 100-130mm RTWD Splice so I highly doubt there willl be an issue. The warranty on the Dakar frame I believe is 5 years.

C S
    mtbr member
    I've been running a RS Revelation U-turn on my 05 Dakar for a year or so. It works great, I like the ability to lower the fork for steep climbs but full (130 mm) travel doesn't really affect the bike's handling too much.

mtbr member
    I hated my Dakar XC Comp with a 130mm fork, I was able to get the travel changed to 100mm. It is a Fox Vanilla R, its the cats arse.

Members who have read this thread: 0