08 Parkers- Mtbr.com

Thread: 08 Parkers

Feb 2010

08 Parkers

Just wondering what you guys are running for the rear shock. I have read many posts of people changing out the bar 2.1 to a better shock. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have the Bar 2.1 that came stock. I just finished my bike build so I only have a couple hours on it. My feeling is that if you are new to full suspension like me you will think its great. If you are used to a higher quality maybe you will notice the faults more. This is my first experience with a rear shock and I think its great. It is definitely not as smooth as my friends RP23 though and I would like to have pro pedal or something comparable. I am thinking a monarch by the end of the season but the Bar really isn't that bad.

the test dummy
    rsullivan used to run a fox van r coil before he sold his frame. thats what I'm doing this spring PM me if you want the specs for it
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Dose anyone have the spec's for the 08 Parker's Head set??? I just order the wrong one and now what I'm reading isn't real clear. I'm looking for the size of the cups (internal bearing is standard 1 1/8" for the stem) and the best I can find is 44mm which is not advertised real well on the web sites I've been looking at.

THX for the help!!!

mtbr member
    OK, I just found out what Zero Stack means. Now my question is if I order a ZS headset will it come standard or are there different size head tubes??? The 08 Parker I head tube is spec'ed at 44mm ID...

So...this has been driving me crazy all day so I went ahead and pulled the trigger a ZS-3 from CaneCreek...did I do the right thing???

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/189...ck-Headset.htm
    Last edited by zenkem; 03-11-2010 at 06:30 AM.

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkem
    Dose anyone have the spec's for the 08 Parker's Head set??? I just order the wrong one and now what I'm reading isn't real clear. I'm looking for the size of the cups (internal bearing is standard 1 1/8" for the stem) and the best I can find is 44mm which is not advertised real well on the web sites I've been looking at.

THX for the help!!!
    They come with a zero stack head set
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by insanitylevel9
    They come with a zero stack head set
    Yah, I don't like the condition of the one I have now (previously assembled frame) and since I'm just starting this build, now is the perfect time to swap it out...before I cut the steer tube...

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkem
    Yah, I don't like the condition of the one I have now (previously assembled frame) and since I'm just starting this build, now is the perfect time to swap it out...before I cut the steer tube...
    Aha in that case I have no clue what size you need
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Yah man the Parker uses an "internal cup type" headset". I used the FSA Orbit ZS and loved it. (that was on my XLT and 2 komodo's)

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Check all these out:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...?category=1691

Heck dude...Chris King has finally come out with one!!

The ones listed on the UnivCycles site say "integrated" but they're internal cup type. True integrated has bearings that drop directly into the frame's head tube. The Internal Cup Type still uses press fit cups. Much better than the true "integrated" which sux a rotten poop.

mtbr member
    THX for the info!!! I ordered the Cane Creek ZS-3 which on one site listed it as 44mm but most sites don't list this spec making it a little difficult when ordering online...

bike-zilla
    Get a monarch 4.2- sweet air shock, super adjustable and feels great

Members who have read this thread: 0