7Point Shock Bits- Mtbr.com

May 2005

7Point Shock Bits

I'm pulling the trigger on either a Roco or a DHX5 now that I've finally sold my OEM fork and have a couple hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket. Happy day!!

A couple questions though for you 7Point gurus (or Iron Horse employee brainiac types)...

1. Do the Roco and DHX have the same size eyelets (and presumably the same size hardware)?
    2. Can I reuse my shock hardware from the Manitou Metel shock that's on there right now?
    3. If I can't reuse that hardware what's the size of what I need for either shock?

I'm going to try to talk a friend into letting me borrow his DHX off his VPFree to get a test ride in. Sadly i don't know anyone locally with a Roco.

I'm riding a 2006 btw so I'm hoping I won't have any linkage issues.

Industry Loudmouth
    A1. Do the Roco and DHX have the same size eyelets (and presumably the same size hardware)?
    Yes, both the Roco & DHX use a 1/2" eyelet. You will still need 30x8mm hardware.

2. Can I reuse my shock hardware from the Manitou Metel shock that's on there right now?
    No, a Manitou shock uses 12mm hardware. It's not compatible w/ the Roco or DHX.

3. If I can't reuse that hardware what's the size of what I need for either shock?
    For an 06 7POINT you will need an 8.75x2.75" shock w/ 30x8mm hardware on both ends.

-ska todd

May 2005
    Any suggestions on where to get some of this hardware? Does Iron Horse sell it?

I only ask because 'round these parts on shop has ever seen a coilover shock much less a freeride bike so I'm likely to get the wrong hardware if I rely on them to order the right thing. Plus I'm wondering how much additional the hardware will set me back cost-wise.

Thanks for the info Todd!

Industry Loudmouth
    When you order the shock from your vendor of choice just make sure you specify hardware sizes that you need. Marz, Fox, Avy, etc all make the correct hardware. Also, when ordering the shock from the shock maker, make SURE it is properly tuned for a dw-link bike (ie. low compression ration/minimal compression damping).

-ska todd

May 2005
    Just ordered from Go-Ride. Sadly will be about a week since they had to order the 30x8mm hardware since it wasn't in stock. But buttery plushness here I come!

.....if it sucks, people are gonna die.

Members who have read this thread: 0