singlespeed smash brother
    As the title says. Anyone else got one of their bikes? I have a frame on the way.
    Epsilon Rohloff - MiTech
    Last edited by shwinboy; 10-15-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: resolved

mtbr member
    i am considering purchasing a MiTech bike. Did you receive yours? Are you happy with your purchase? Also interesented in you decision to go with Rohloff instead of Pinion. Iím on the fence with this, both systems have advantages.
    neg rep for contributing to thread deterioration and posting useless comment. - wadafuq.

www.fattiremassive.com

singlespeed smash brother
    Yep I got mine. There was a bit of a delay because the paint didn't meet their QC standards and had to be redone.
    I am really happy with mine so far. It rides better than I expected and you can read my write up here.
    https://forums.mtbr.com/internal-gea...s-1091356.html

The reasons I went with the rohloff was because:
    I already owned a hub.
    I've never ridden a pinion and I was already in unknown waters with the URT design and a builder that was hard to find info on.
    The price of entry for a pinion was an extra $2300 AU. Hard to justify when I had the rohloff.
    The attraction for me of getting a pinion was mainly to get the gearbox weight of the rear hub and into the frame. This is something I'm less concerned about now since riding the bike with the rohloff as my concerns about the hub weight noticeably affecting suspension performance have proven to be unfounded. I'm sure the pinion version would perform better in that regard but I'm not sure it'd be $2300 worth of improvement.

The German to english language barrier was a small hurdle. I just kept my emails simple and dot pointed what I wanted. I Got exactly what I ordered. One nice touch that I wasn't expecting is that the frame appears to have been clear coated after painting and decals were applied. For a basic paint finish the clear coat is a nice touch to stop the decals pealing.
    Also of note is the really well though out and painless internal cable routing.
    Having bought one I think Mitech offer excellent value for money custom frames. If I ever have the money down the track I'd like to get a pinion version of the epsilon.
    MiTech custom bikes. Anyone dealt with them?-1222897d1540858984-mitech-epsilon-650b-rohloff-awesomeness-img_1461.jpg