Tracer 2 Seatpost Slippage- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Tracer 2 Seatpost Slippage

Try as I might, I can't get the stock QR seatpost collar to keep my seatpost up. I have to stop every mile or so to raise it up a little bit. I removed all the grease from the seatpost and the seat tube and it has perhaps helped a bit, but still didn't get rid of the problem. Has anybody else had this problem? I'm thinking about getting one of the nicer Salsa QR collars but wanted to see if anybody has a different solution.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    What's the fit like between your seatpost and seattube?... it should be slightly snug before you even clamp the collar. If it isn't measure the inside diameter of the seattube and outside diameter of the seatpost and if there is a significant difference then you have an issue with one or the other. My Tracer VP (not 2) has a very snug fit between tube and post and never slips one bit. BTW, I have seen seattubes reamed way out of spec and some that were even oval.. so it does happen.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Im having the same problem, I thought it was me at first until I marked the seat post and found it was dropping. I removed all the lube to and tightened it to the max and dont seam to be having the problem anymore.

mtbr member
    Get some carbon paste and put it on your seatpost. Even if it's not carbon this will stop slipping. I use it for my Reverb post and it hasn't moved.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch
    What's the fit like between your seatpost and seattube?...
    It is a good snug fit.

Quote Originally Posted by stejam
    Im having the same problem, I thought it was me at first until I marked the seat post and found it was dropping. I removed all the lube to and tightened it to the max and dont seam to be having the problem anymore.
    The included quick release doesn't go tight enough for me. The lever doesn't seem to have enough leverage when I tighten the thumb screw past a certain point. That's why I was wondering if a different aftermarket clamp would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW
    Get some carbon paste and put it on your seatpost. Even if it's not carbon this will stop slipping. I use it for my Reverb post and it hasn't moved.
    I will run by the shop and grab some. Thanks for the tip.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    put some grease or other lube on the cam part of your QR it will help you get it nice and tight.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I second the carbon paste. It fixed the same issue for my Inense and my buddy's Trek Remedy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    My SS1 does the same. I'm on my fourth QR, a Chromag. It slipped a little first time out so I tightened it as much as I could. So far it has been fine. Definately the sturdiest and best made QR I have used/seen.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

... and if we just ... i have the same problem in my tracer (not 2)

hey
    i had the same problem and tried everything
    after i give up i contact my local store and they change it to intense seat post clamp (not QR)
    because i use the KS-950I so i dont use the QR anyway.

contact your local store they will change it for you

Ben.

Members who have read this thread: 0