Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by richt2000 View Post
    I think we’ll see the spider and recluse combined, with a 140/125mm travel option.
    The spider was originally aimed as an XC bike, which the sniper is now. So I agree the need a 27.5 bike uder the tracer but pointless having bboth the spider and the recluse which are essentially the same bike with a different upper link and shock.

Yeah, I agree and never quite understood that situation, especially since there was an “enduro” version Spider in some markets that was essentially a Recluse. Having that as Spider configuration made more sense to me than a separate Recluse model, which is then competing against it rather than supporting it in a sense. Which is what I’m now in the process of putting together.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Post about a down-tube protector for the Spider 275C:

https://forums.mtbr.com/intense/prim...l#post13906165

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by BikePilot1 View Post
    The rocket Ron 2.6 is shorter and clears. Not a lot of space but enough that I've had no troubles z so far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Nice! I've got a 2.6 Ron on the back of my 2017 Spider 275c and a 2.8 Nobby Nic on the front. Both on 32mm wide Stans Sentry rims. No problems with clearance, but they do both measure less than spec, maybe they will stretch but there's plenty of room regardless. Good set-up for summer pea gravel here in Western Australia.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yep, using the 2.6 Ron in the back as well. No rubbing, but did have problems with lack of mud clearance on one ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017

new spider owner

hi everyone - just found this thread and figured I should join the club. This was an impulse ebay buy as I made the guy an offer and he more or less accepted - 2017 spider pro 275c medium. Bike showed up in great condition, and looked like it hadn't even been ridden. It had XC tires on it even, and came from florida. its been fun so far. The only thing I dont love is the narrow wheels and the non boost fork. I've considered pulling the Yari off my old bike and putting it on here when I get some new wheels, but we'll see.

"Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-img_4572.jpg

mtbr member
    Congrats on the buy! I'm in a similar boat as the owner you just bought from - rode the bike 4 times and decided I prefer 29" wheels. It's been sitting in my garage ever since.

Sorry for the spam, but if anyone is interested, Large Intense Spider 275C Pro build for sale. $2500.

"Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-1.jpg
    "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-2.jpg
    "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-3.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by gnick View Post
    hi everyone - just found this thread and figured I should join the club. This was an impulse ebay buy as I made the guy an offer and he more or less accepted - 2017 spider pro 275c medium. Bike showed up in great condition, and looked like it hadn't even been ridden. It had XC tires on it even, and came from florida. its been fun so far. The only thing I dont love is the narrow wheels and the non boost fork. I've considered pulling the Yari off my old bike and putting it on here when I get some new wheels, but we'll see.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4572.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	324.2 KB 
ID:	1231071
    I'm in the rocky, rooty and often wet northeast, the Nics sucked here and the light wheels got a bit squirrelly on rocky tech. I found a great deal on a set of wider, more enduro rim wheels and ride with minnions 2.4 rear and 2.5 front. Upped the fork to 140 (found 150 to be too much for steep tech climbs) and have a really sweet super fun bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Name:	IMG_4572.jpg 
Size:	324.2 KB 
ID:	1231071
    Why a boost fork other than if you want to run a plus front tire? Unless you land off of jumps with your wheel turned you don’t need that wider hub. That to me is the biggest gimmick. Great bike none the less, I run arc27 wheels on mine with a maxxis dhf 2.3 up front and a maxxis aggressor 2.3 on the rear.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanfmann View Post
    I'm in the rocky, rooty and often wet northeast, the Nics sucked here and the light wheels got a bit squirrelly on rocky tech. I found a great deal on a set of wider, more enduro rim wheels and ride with minnions 2.4 rear and 2.5 front. Upped the fork to 140 (found 150 to be too much for steep tech climbs) and have a really sweet super fun bike.
    yes - i just put on an e13 trs on the front end, and a maxxis ardent in the back. we'll see how that goes tomorrow morning. I also have plans to bump it up to 140 on the front and get some wider wheels down the road. These are only 22.5 IW and i think I need to be in the 30mm range.

where do you ride in the northeast? i'm in jersey now, but used to do some riding in CT

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy_Steve View Post
    Congrats on the buy! I'm in a similar boat as the owner you just bought from - rode the bike 4 times and decided I prefer 29" wheels. It's been sitting in my garage ever since.

Sorry for the spam, but if anyone is interested, Large Intense Spider 275C Pro build for sale. $2500.

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	377.7 KB 
ID:	1231078

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	371.3 KB 
ID:	1231077

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	1231076
    thats a great deal. someone will be lucky to have it for that price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by paul c View Post
    Why a boost fork other than if you want to run a plus front tire? Unless you land off of jumps with your wheel turned you don’t need that wider hub. That to me is the biggest gimmick. Great bike none the less, I run arc27 wheels on mine with a maxxis dhf 2.3 up front and a maxxis aggressor 2.3 on the rear.
    you're probably right. i'm definitely not going to run wider than a 2.6 up front on this bike. boost is all the rage, and its tough to stay out of the mindset that the new tech is always better.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I just may be enticed to be that huckleberry. PM sent to Stumpy Steve.

Having a nice day!
    I wouldn't blink on running a non-boost fork if I was not going to be running anything larger than a 2.6. Great bike! You'll enjoy it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    haha thanks - you dudes have talked me off the ledge. Now I'm just looking for some wheels with a larger IW. any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    I wouldn't blink on running a non-boost fork if I was not going to be running anything larger than a 2.6. Great bike! You'll enjoy it.
    Whoa. That’s a lot of double negatives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a nice day!
    And yet I'm such a positive person

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    has anyone changed their PF92? mine is starting to creak. I probably just need to pull it out and clean it up, but I dont have the tools. i'm considering either just buying the tools, or putting something threaded in.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    haha thanks - you dudes have talked me off the ledge. Now I'm just looking for some wheels with a larger IW. any suggestions?
    i'm currently building a set of e13 carbon rims (RM3TRA-100) for my Spider Pro 275.
    didnt like the narrow DT Swiss rims as well.
    inner wide is 27mm and they look stealth so far!
    but the spokes seem to be 3mm too long.
    altough the carbon rim is way wider its 50 grams lighter.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by racer761 View Post
    i'm currently building a set of e13 carbon rims (RM3TRA-100) for my Spider Pro 275.
    didnt like the narrow DT Swiss rims as well.
    inner wide is 27mm and they look stealth so far!
    but the spokes seem to be 3mm too long.
    altough the carbon rim is way wider its 50 grams lighter.

awesome - i've been looking at a lot of their products lately. I really like the E13 tire I have.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789