"Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread - Page 5- Mtbr.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 801 to 831 of 831
  1. #801
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by richt2000 View Post
    I think weíll see the spider and recluse combined, with a 140/125mm travel option.
    The spider was originally aimed as an XC bike, which the sniper is now. So I agree the need a 27.5 bike uder the tracer but pointless having bboth the spider and the recluse which are essentially the same bike with a different upper link and shock.

    Yeah, I agree and never quite understood that situation, especially since there was an ďenduroĒ version Spider in some markets that was essentially a Recluse. Having that as Spider configuration made more sense to me than a separate Recluse model, which is then competing against it rather than supporting it in a sense. Which is what Iím now in the process of putting together.

  2. #802
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    284
    Post about a down-tube protector for the Spider 275C:

    https://forums.mtbr.com/intense/prim...l#post13906165

  3. #803
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BikePilot1 View Post
    The rocket Ron 2.6 is shorter and clears. Not a lot of space but enough that I've had no troubles z so far.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Nice! I've got a 2.6 Ron on the back of my 2017 Spider 275c and a 2.8 Nobby Nic on the front. Both on 32mm wide Stans Sentry rims. No problems with clearance, but they do both measure less than spec, maybe they will stretch but there's plenty of room regardless. Good set-up for summer pea gravel here in Western Australia.

  4. #804
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,038
    Yep, using the 2.6 Ron in the back as well. No rubbing, but did have problems with lack of mud clearance on one ride.

  5. #805
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    16

    new spider owner

    hi everyone - just found this thread and figured I should join the club. This was an impulse ebay buy as I made the guy an offer and he more or less accepted - 2017 spider pro 275c medium. Bike showed up in great condition, and looked like it hadn't even been ridden. It had XC tires on it even, and came from florida. its been fun so far. The only thing I dont love is the narrow wheels and the non boost fork. I've considered pulling the Yari off my old bike and putting it on here when I get some new wheels, but we'll see.


    "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-img_4572.jpg

  6. #806
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stumpy_Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,353
    Congrats on the buy! I'm in a similar boat as the owner you just bought from - rode the bike 4 times and decided I prefer 29" wheels. It's been sitting in my garage ever since.

    Sorry for the spam, but if anyone is interested, Large Intense Spider 275C Pro build for sale. $2500.

    "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-1.jpg
    "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-2.jpg
    "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-3.jpg

  7. #807
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by gnick View Post
    hi everyone - just found this thread and figured I should join the club. This was an impulse ebay buy as I made the guy an offer and he more or less accepted - 2017 spider pro 275c medium. Bike showed up in great condition, and looked like it hadn't even been ridden. It had XC tires on it even, and came from florida. its been fun so far. The only thing I dont love is the narrow wheels and the non boost fork. I've considered pulling the Yari off my old bike and putting it on here when I get some new wheels, but we'll see.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4572.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	324.2 KB 
ID:	1231071
    I'm in the rocky, rooty and often wet northeast, the Nics sucked here and the light wheels got a bit squirrelly on rocky tech. I found a great deal on a set of wider, more enduro rim wheels and ride with minnions 2.4 rear and 2.5 front. Upped the fork to 140 (found 150 to be too much for steep tech climbs) and have a really sweet super fun bike.

  8. #808
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by gnick View Post
    hi everyone - just found this thread and figured I should join the club. This was an impulse ebay buy as I made the guy an offer and he more or less accepted - 2017 spider pro 275c medium. Bike showed up in great condition, and looked like it hadn't even been ridden. It had XC tires on it even, and came from florida. its been fun so far. The only thing I dont love is the narrow wheels and the non boost fork. I've considered pulling the Yari off my old bike and putting it on here when I get some new wheels, but we'll see.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4572.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	324.2 KB 
ID:	1231071
    Why a boost fork other than if you want to run a plus front tire? Unless you land off of jumps with your wheel turned you donít need that wider hub. That to me is the biggest gimmick. Great bike none the less, I run arc27 wheels on mine with a maxxis dhf 2.3 up front and a maxxis aggressor 2.3 on the rear.

  9. #809
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanfmann View Post
    I'm in the rocky, rooty and often wet northeast, the Nics sucked here and the light wheels got a bit squirrelly on rocky tech. I found a great deal on a set of wider, more enduro rim wheels and ride with minnions 2.4 rear and 2.5 front. Upped the fork to 140 (found 150 to be too much for steep tech climbs) and have a really sweet super fun bike.
    yes - i just put on an e13 trs on the front end, and a maxxis ardent in the back. we'll see how that goes tomorrow morning. I also have plans to bump it up to 140 on the front and get some wider wheels down the road. These are only 22.5 IW and i think I need to be in the 30mm range.

    where do you ride in the northeast? i'm in jersey now, but used to do some riding in CT

  10. #810
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy_Steve View Post
    Congrats on the buy! I'm in a similar boat as the owner you just bought from - rode the bike 4 times and decided I prefer 29" wheels. It's been sitting in my garage ever since.

    Sorry for the spam, but if anyone is interested, Large Intense Spider 275C Pro build for sale. $2500.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	377.7 KB 
ID:	1231078
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	371.3 KB 
ID:	1231077
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	1231076
    thats a great deal. someone will be lucky to have it for that price.

  11. #811
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by paul c View Post
    Why a boost fork other than if you want to run a plus front tire? Unless you land off of jumps with your wheel turned you donít need that wider hub. That to me is the biggest gimmick. Great bike none the less, I run arc27 wheels on mine with a maxxis dhf 2.3 up front and a maxxis aggressor 2.3 on the rear.
    you're probably right. i'm definitely not going to run wider than a 2.6 up front on this bike. boost is all the rage, and its tough to stay out of the mindset that the new tech is always better.

  12. #812
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1
    I just may be enticed to be that huckleberry. PM sent to Stumpy Steve.

  13. #813
    Having a nice day!
    Reputation: LoneStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,323
    I wouldn't blink on running a non-boost fork if I was not going to be running anything larger than a 2.6. Great bike! You'll enjoy it.

  14. #814
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    16
    haha thanks - you dudes have talked me off the ledge. Now I'm just looking for some wheels with a larger IW. any suggestions?

  15. #815
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    I wouldn't blink on running a non-boost fork if I was not going to be running anything larger than a 2.6. Great bike! You'll enjoy it.
    Whoa. Thatís a lot of double negatives!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #816
    Having a nice day!
    Reputation: LoneStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,323
    And yet I'm such a positive person

  17. #817
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    16
    has anyone changed their PF92? mine is starting to creak. I probably just need to pull it out and clean it up, but I dont have the tools. i'm considering either just buying the tools, or putting something threaded in.

  18. #818
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by gnick View Post
    haha thanks - you dudes have talked me off the ledge. Now I'm just looking for some wheels with a larger IW. any suggestions?
    i'm currently building a set of e13 carbon rims (RM3TRA-100) for my Spider Pro 275.
    didnt like the narrow DT Swiss rims as well.
    inner wide is 27mm and they look stealth so far!
    but the spokes seem to be 3mm too long.
    altough the carbon rim is way wider its 50 grams lighter.

  19. #819
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by racer761 View Post
    i'm currently building a set of e13 carbon rims (RM3TRA-100) for my Spider Pro 275.
    didnt like the narrow DT Swiss rims as well.
    inner wide is 27mm and they look stealth so far!
    but the spokes seem to be 3mm too long.
    altough the carbon rim is way wider its 50 grams lighter.

    awesome - i've been looking at a lot of their products lately. I really like the E13 tire I have.

  20. #820
    Tin Man
    Reputation: L8str's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    69
    Off to PC goes the 2016 Spider...

    "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-spider-stripped-2-.jpg
    Why do women have boobs? So you got something to look at while you're talking to them. -peter griffin

  21. #821
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    16
    excellent!!!!!!

  22. #822
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63
    Hi, i want to use my arc 35 rims. Can i get away with maxxis wt 2.4 in the rear?

  23. #823
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    16
    i've got a 2.4 ardent in the rear. smaller ID rim though. let me know how it goes, im looking at some of those wheels.

  24. #824
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenkeep View Post
    Hi, i want to use my arc 35 rims. Can i get away with maxxis wt 2.4 in the rear?
    I would think it would be fine. I've got a 2.6 rocket Ron on a 30mm ID rim and it fits (barely enough clearance in front of the tire, plenty to the sides).

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  25. #825
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2
    Can anyone confirm the steerer tube length for a large spider 275A?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #826
    Tin Man
    Reputation: L8str's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    69
    I'm pretty happy with how the PC came out. A lot of work to get there tho. The only down side is the new PC seems to be more brittle than the original. It has more tenancy to chip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-new-pc-2-19-2-.jpg  

    "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-new-pc-2-19-2-small.jpg  

    "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-new-powercoat-x-1-small.jpg  

    Why do women have boobs? So you got something to look at while you're talking to them. -peter griffin

  27. #827
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by L8str View Post
    I'm pretty happy with how the PC came out. A lot of work to get there tho. The only down side is the new PC seems to be more brittle than the original. It has more tenancy to chip.
    looks fantastic!!!

  28. #828
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1
    Out with the old, in with the new.
    What a fantastic bike the Spider is! I haven't had a chance to test ride one so I demoed the Santa Cruz 5010, which has a pretty close geometry to the Spider, and I liked it very much. I figured if I will like the SC the Intense gotta be better because of the slightly higher BB and shorter chain stay. I was right. The Spider feels a whole lot more fun to me than the 5010.
    "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-img_2508.jpg

    "Official" Intense Spider 275 Pic and Info Thread-img_2477.jpg

  29. #829
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by plutonic View Post
    Out with the old, in with the new.
    What a fantastic bike the Spider is! I haven't had a chance to test ride one so I demoed the Santa Cruz 5010, which has a pretty close geometry to the Spider, and I liked it very much. I figured if I will like the SC the Intense gotta be better because of the slightly higher BB and shorter chain stay. I was right. The Spider feels a whole lot more fun to me than the 5010.
    Agree - Iím always inbetween sizes with SC, but intense is always spot on.
    The spider and recluse, although nearly 3 years old are well up there still with modern geomentry. Iíd much rather have short chainstays.

    I also find the spider and recluse more poppy and fun than the 5010. The 5010 tends to blow though its travel quickly.

  30. #830
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    14
    Currently waiting on a 2018 275c frame to be shipped to me. It comes with a DVO topaz which I'm under the impression can be adjusted internally by removing a shim to make it 200x57.

    Can someone explain to me why the recluse link is needed. Does the shock end up pushing the top pink into the seat post tube without it?
    Last edited by shoots; 1 Week Ago at 12:51 PM.

  31. #831
    Having a nice day!
    Reputation: LoneStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,323
    So what do you do when you notice that your 140mm fork came back from service with 150mm of travel (honest mistake that they would have corrected BTW)? You make lemonade out of lemons! Since the Cane Creek DB IL I have on the bike had needed a spacer to reduce it from 2.25 to 2" stroke to work on the Spider anyways, I had them remove it when I sent it in for service and purchased a Recluse link while that it was down. First couple of rides on it this weekend, and I must say it feels like a nice change. No problem with the Spider in 130mm mode, but that extra 10mm just makes it feel a tad more plush and it still climbs great. I may go back to 140 in the front if I find it wanders too much on steep stuff. FWIW, I am highly doubtful the air can on this shock would have cleared with the stock link at 57mm of stroke in the 130mm setting. I believe it would have hit the underside of the top tube.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 638
    Last Post: 01-07-2018, 07:22 PM
  2. the Official " I couldn't find the Car thread for DJ in the OC" thread.
    By Fishbucket in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: 10-27-2015, 08:26 PM
  3. Official "Complain (or Gloat) About IMBA's Insurance Problem" thread.
    By kapusta in forum Trail Building and Advocacy
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 10:04 AM
  4. 2011 "Official" Wed. SoMo Shuttle Thread
    By abcnorte in forum Arizona
    Replies: 409
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 06:30 PM
  5. 2011 "Official" Saturday SoMo Shuttle Thread
    By abcnorte in forum Arizona
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 11:00 PM

Members who have read this thread: 122

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.