Introducing the Intense ACV 27.5+ Yes, they did! - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LB412 View Post
    Enve 27.5 635s, tires are 2.8 front and rear. Yes that is in our front lobby. The photo does not do the bike justice.
    Thought so, the last time I was there the front was getting remodeled. Actually it was a while ago. Iím not sure how I feel abo the colors on the new ACV. I bet it dose look better in person.
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Thought so, the last time I was there the front was getting remodeled. Actually it was a while ago. Iím not sure how I feel abo the colors on the new ACV. I bet it dose look better in person.
    I originally purchased the grey and loved it... Then I walked past the black/camo in the lobby everyday for about 3 months. It slowly grew on me until I knew I had to have the bike. It took me a few months to pull all the parts together and build (Chappy built for me). It looks amazing!

mtbr member
    I originally purchased the grey and loved it... Then I walked past the black/camo in the lobby everyday for about 3 months. It slowly grew on me until I knew I had to have the bike. It took me a few months to pull all the parts together and build (Chappy built for me). It looks amazing!
    Oh cool thatís your bike? Very nice! You spend much time on the primer?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Oh cool thatís your bike? Very nice! You spend much time on the primer?
    I spend a lot of time on the Primer. I have one set up with the 140/140 combo. I'd estimate 60% Primer and 40% ACV. That might switch during the dry sandy summer periods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing the Intense ACV 27.5+ Yes, they did!-primer.jpg  

mtbr member
    Weighing in at just 27lbs
    I wish the stock builds came like that. What fork is that?

mtbr member
    I spend a lot of time on the Primer. I have one set up with the 140/140 combo. I'd estimate 60% Primer and 40% ACV. That might switch during the dry sandy summer periods.
    Wow nice set up! Have you spent time with some 29er wheels in the ACV? Can you tell much of a difference? I want stiff and light, Iím sure I wonít feel the added weight of the ACV frame over SL primer but Iím wondering what level the difference in frame stiffness is? Stinks I want the ACV and the plus tire for a few weeks out of the year.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr View Post
    I wish the stock builds came like that. What fork is that?
    Fox Factory 36

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Wow nice set up! Have you spent time with some 29er wheels in the ACV? Can you tell much of a difference? I want stiff and light, Iím sure I wonít feel the added weight of the ACV frame over SL primer but Iím wondering what level the difference in frame stiffness is? Stinks I want the ACV and the plus tire for a few weeks out of the year.
    Jeff loves the ACV as a 29er. Chappy mentioned he wants to build one up soon. Unfortunately I have not ridden one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ZePequeno View Post
    How the hell did you managed? What frame size? Did you check what spindle do you have?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
    on the crank clearance - I had the clearance issue with the stock next sl cranks with boots. Size XL frame, 2017. It was fine when pedaling easy, but was catching the rubber chain guard sometimes when cranking hard/climbing out of the saddle. I ended up grinding down the rubber chainguard so that it was flush with the swingarm and it solved the issue (but looks a little crappy).

Aficionated Member
    My ACV with the 29ers wheels on. RaceFace ARC27 with Minion DHR II 3C EXO TR 2.3 front and Minion SemiSlick 3C EXO TR 2.3 rear. Enough clearance rear for 2.3 and maybe 2.4 Ardent, but not more.

The rise the BB height to 342mm and the Res of geometry remains the same. Now the bike feels amazing, it has become very fast weapon. I think I won't be back to the plus size at the moment.

Enjoy your rides

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Race Face Next spindle length.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat38 View Post
    All original as built by Intense
    The proper spindle for the next cranks is ( plus bike spindle length ) that is what mine says. I just got them from a pro build at a bike store that took them off a acv pro to make the bike more affordable for some one, so I bought them. The reason I believe is because Next crank arms are pretty straight were the Turbine ones flare out quite a bit. I took off Turbines on my ACV. I call Andrew and verified it as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ski1970 View Post
    The proper spindle for the next cranks is ( plus bike spindle length ) that is what mine says. I just got them from a pro build at a bike store that took them off a acv pro to make the bike more affordable for some one, so I bought them. The reason I believe is because Next crank arms are pretty straight were the Turbine ones flare out quite a bit. I took off Turbines on my ACV. I call Andrew and verified it as well.
    Well I guess this is incorrect. When I free pedal backwards the chain jumps down from the highest cog down 3 or 4 on its own. The drive line is to out of wack I guess

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Well I guess this is incorrect. When I free pedal backwards the chain jumps down from the highest cog down 3 or 4 on its own. The drive line is to out of wack I guess
    FWIW...11spd (and I would guess 12spd) drive trains are pretty sensitive to this - chain jumping down when spinning cranks backwards. Proper chain length and b-tension adjustment are critical. Just saying, could be lots of things causing that symptom. Of course chainline would definitely be a strong suspect too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slcpunk View Post
    FWIW...11spd (and I would guess 12spd) drive trains are pretty sensitive to this - chain jumping down when spinning cranks backwards. Proper chain length and b-tension adjustment are critical. Just saying, could be lots of things causing that symptom. Of course chainline would definitely be a strong suspect too.
    It is defiantly because the chain line is way off. I called raceface and got the correct spindle length that is needed. The plus spindle isnít it.

Aficionated Member
    The problem with Next Cranks and the ACV is the Q-FACTOR and the chainstay width. This make them almost incompatible.

Fortunately I have a RF Turbine cranks with much more Q-FACTOR and there is no problem with chainstay.

It happens something similar with 29" wheels. With 2.3 Maxxis tires it's fine, but if you what to put something bigger there's no way.

Enjoy your rides

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The problem with Next Cranks and the ACV is the Q-FACTOR and the chainstay width. This make them almost incompatible.

Fortunately I have a RF Turbine cranks with much more Q-FACTOR and there is no problem with chainstay.

It happens something similar with 29" wheels. With 2.3 Maxxis tires it's fine, but if you what to put something bigger there's no way.

I was told by race face that the RF134 (134.5 length) spindle is the one I want for the ACV, it is the same spindle that my turbines had on them. This will give it a Q factor or 168. So we will see. if it does not work guess I will just use the turbines. I hope it works though cause I want the Next carbon cranks. As far as 29er wheels I ran Ardent 2.4 on mine with No problems at all.

Aficionated Member
    I was told by race face that the RF134 (134.5 length) spindle is the one I want for the ACV, it is the same spindle that my turbines had on them. This will give it a Q factor or 168. So we will see. if it does not work guess I will just use the turbines. I hope it works though cause I want the Next carbon cranks. As far as 29er wheels I ran Ardent 2.4 on mine with No problems at all.
    Yeah, I guess Ardent is no problem, but think something with bigger knobs and muddy trails.

Enjoy your rides

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    strange. Thought the ACV shares a front triangle with the primer and just a different rear to fit larger tires. A 2.5 minion should fit as I can fit that into the primer rear where I can't fit a 3.0 plus tire

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I installed an E*13 TRSR and TRS+ 29x2.35 set of tires on 30mm inner width wheels
    and the clearance at the lower link is very tight maybe a couple of mm.
    I've been on 2.8 Minion DHF, DHR and Highrollers all year (Moab, Crested butte, SoCal and St George) and really enjoyed them especially with pressures at the high end (19F 24R) for a plus tire. They are slower on the climbs but like a moto with proper dirt tires on the rough stuff, sand and downhills. After a short ride on the 29x2.35 I can already tell they are faster on the uphill sections and I'll see how they do Moab rough stuff in a few weeks
    The bike feels very different and TALL but so far no negatives
    FWIW the 29x.2.35 tires heavier the 2.8 Minions by the manufacturers specs and felt heavier to my hand when installing but I didn't weigh them. Just not what I expected.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    so you feel the 29ers are easier to peddle and go faster? I have only ran 29ers on mine so far and I don't notice the bike is higher sitting. I now have a set of 27.5 plus on there but have not road it as of yet. I do have a feeling I will like the 29er wheels better just cause of the rolling speed of them hence faster. New ill see.

ALSO the spindle for the Next cranks that race face recommended worked perfectly. I have room on both sides with crank boots installed still. we will see what happens once I ride it ( will the NEXT cranks flex or not )

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    It's no surprise that 29ers roll faster
    I'll see if it is as fun and confident when putting the hammer down on the rough stuff as the 27.5x2.8 on this bike
    Faster isn't always better or else we would be riding hardtail XC bikes😝

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    My ACV with the 29ers wheels on. RaceFace ARC27 with Minion DHR II 3C EXO TR 2.3 front and Minion SemiSlick 3C EXO TR 2.3 rear. Enough clearance rear for 2.3 and maybe 2.4 Ardent, but not more.

The rise the BB height to 342mm and the Res of geometry remains the same. Now the bike feels amazing, it has become very fast weapon. I think I won't be back to the plus size at the moment.

Hey Zepequeno,
    Looks great! Can you comment on whether you made any other changes prior to adding the 29er wheelset and tires? Is that the stock 27.5 150mm Pike fork? I just got a ACV frame and want to run it as a 29er too, but now Pike 29er forks max out at 140mm of travel for 2018 model... And Iíve been told that it will need to be a 29er fork (? Different offset &/or Axle to crown lengths). Are you (and others) ignoring these differences (? 51 vs 46mm offset and 20mm longer A-C length), and getting along fine simply by swapping in 29 wheelsets/tires? If so, is this because the outer diameter diffences between 27+ & 29 so small it just doesnít matter?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

X2 140mm

Though this has not been tested for pivot wear, etc I thought Iíd give it a try. Recluse link and 200x57 X2, 140mm travel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introducing the Intense ACV 27.5+ Yes, they did!-8412798c-307f-4e2d-b723-111bf3ec7ba7.jpg  

Introducing the Intense ACV 27.5+ Yes, they did!-e5d0eee1-c43c-4507-8313-68f41eadf108.jpg  

Last edited by LB412; 03-10-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Hi
    Mar 2018
    Hey !

Nice bike !! Did you manage to get a hold of intense to " okay " the fox fork mod / 200x57 shock ?

My LBS told me any changes other than stock would void my warranty and the bike had to be ridden as per stock. ( I asked if I could put a 150mm fox RC 2 on the front of mine and a 130 mm X2) Apperently, intense does not like you going outside the " box" and customizing things.

I've thought of increasing the rear travel for sure and possibly increasing the front travel. ( I'm unsure of the front travel part)

I'm looking to do some high alpine hike a bikes / backcountry riding and want a little extra bailout squish. I also prefer fox over RS.

Did intense "ok " your mod? Any changes to riding characteristics ?

I've also tried contacting intense directly via phone for the last few months and email to bypass the LBS and have had zero luck on a reply. Heck, the bike shop can't get a reply ..

I'd hate to need a part of have a frame under warranty replacement or something urgent in need of an answer from intense .

Looking at another bike brand a little more flexible to customizations/ that has better customer service .. maybe go with SC or pivot .. we will see.

Hi
    Mar 2018
    My other compliant is the reverb it hates cold .. unfortunately.. this causes an issue as I take it into the backcountry away from trail centres and shops and when the temp goes down it runs into actuation issues .. I want to get rid of it and replace it with a fox transfer
    Post to alleviate this issue..Again, nope ! Can't do that !!! I'm forever working on the thing...

I love the bike it's super capable and I want to upgrade it and not lose my warranty

This bike likes steep, steeeper, rough and rougher hence the mods ...which is perfect for what I like to do ..

How do you like yours ?

Also, sick paint job .. way nicer than the 2017 in my opinion !!!

The fox kit goes well with it !

Ole
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have never heard of Intense not allowing changing parts on their bikes, as long as you stay within the dimensions of the original part. Is your LBS not wanting to make money selling you the new parts?

mtbr member
    I almost pulled the trigger on a 2017 ACV frame but I cannot get past that color! Why not just matte black?? Other than that, this bike looks killer!!

Destiny Is All
    Can you use a quick release seat post clamp on the ACV ? 32mm? Any issues using one on a carbon frame?
    Last edited by bilbo56; 05-23-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Bummer about the tire limitations with 29er setup. Was really hoping these might be able to fit 29x2.5WT tires.
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    so you feel the 29ers are easier to peddle and go faster? I have only ran 29ers on mine so far and I don't notice the bike is higher sitting. I now have a set of 27.5 plus on there but have not road it as of yet. I do have a feeling I will like the 29er wheels better just cause of the rolling speed of them hence faster. New ill see.

ALSO the spindle for the Next cranks that race face recommended worked perfectly. I have room on both sides with crank boots installed still. we will see what happens once I ride it ( will the NEXT cranks flex or not )
    Thanks for the good information. I apparently have the old spindle as well and need the 134.5.
    Has anyone addressed this with Intense and been able to get them to replace the spindle under warranty? They did spec the bike with the wrong size.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    FWIW here are a couple of shots of 29er tire clearance, both on 30mm wheels. Tight fit but work just fine. Ton clearance on the sides and just a occasional rub on the lower link
    I just spent the last week in Moab on these and both work great on that environment, my previous trips have been on Minion 2.8 F+R and I think I prefer those in Moab sand and rocky ledge stuff but they give up a little on the uphill pedaling
    E*13 2.35 TRS+ measures 2.5 wide and is very tall

Here is the Maxxis DHRII 2.4 WT

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I have a 17' Foundation build and have decided to build some wheels. I'm going with Hadley Hubs and have a choice to make on colors. I've limited it down to gold or red. can't quite envision how either might look on the bike. Which way should I go?

1. Gold
    2. Red

Aficionated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink View Post
    strange. Thought the ACV shares a front triangle with the primer and just a different rear to fit larger tires. A 2.5 minion should fit as I can fit that into the primer rear where I can't fit a 3.0 plus tire
    There is no problem with wider tires, the problem comes because the diameter.
    Enjoy your rides

Aficionated Member
    I just change wheels and cranks. There is no problem with the Pike, now I fit a Minion DHF 2.5.
    Enjoy your rides

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Man, stoke is heavy! I just ordered a ACV foundation build 2017! Any new ride reports out there? I love the newer colors, but price always trumps looks imo.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Road View Post
    Man, stoke is heavy! I just ordered a ACV foundation build 2017! Any new ride reports out there? I love the newer colors, but price always trumps looks imo.
    I think you will be really impressed with the brown and gold once you see it in person. Looks great!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Itís on the brown bus (ups).Been looking for an inexpensive 29er boost Wheelset to complement the ACV. Without breaking my already suffering bankroll....

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Built the ACV up and damn, Iím in love like my Schwinn varsity of yore. I am totally impressed by the looks. Ride tomorrow unless work calls....

mtbr member
    Iím getting a ACV frame to build after being on my last bike for a long time....meaning Iím not up on a lot of the new standards and lingo lol.

I just want to confirm that I need a crankset with a 168mm q-factor? What chainline is optimal for this bike? Iíll be going 29er initially if that matters.

Was looking at the carbon Stylo, trs+, and turbine, but Iíve seen a few good deals on xx1 and x01 so just want to make sure Iím getting the correct one.

mtbr member
    Nevermind the question, I did the Stylo Carbon Eagle Boost Dub, 170mm, 32t for $221 shipped.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Got about 50miles on my foundation build. Love the bike, carbon bars and Chesterís only mods. Seems solid and fun. Quiet bikes rock! Possibly will be looking into a rear shock upgrade at some point although the monarch is doing its job. Seems it may get overwhelmed on certain sections of trail.

Destiny Is All
    I put the Chester's on mine as well. What bars did you go with? Did you stay with the same width? I cut 10mm off each end of my stock bars.
    Save me from the people who would save me from myself.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I am using a Nukeproof Horizon Carbon 38mm rise 780mm width. CRC has these bars in a few different configurations and I should have gone with less rise. But for $70 there ok. Drop the stem and should be good. Weighed my size large and got a 32lb weight with tubes. I will be tubeless after I make my tire selection. The stock maxxix will get backup duty. They look like 2.6s actually....

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

2.6 tires

Has anyone tried any of the new 27.5x2.6 tires on the ACV? I am curious to see if they will work or will the bottom bracket will be to low.

Destiny Is All
    Has anyone tried any of the new 27.5x2.6 tires on the ACV? I am curious to see if they will work or will the bottom bracket will be to low.
    I was wondering the same. I definitely wouldn't want the BB any lower than it already is. Was thinking 29 X 2.6.
    Save me from the people who would save me from myself.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Fitment

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo56 View Post
    I was wondering the same. I definitely wouldn't want the BB any lower than it already is. Was thinking 29 X 2.6.
    . I called Intense they said it would be fine. I had some Maxxis Ardent 29x2.4 on Flow MK3 wheels and while the sides were fine the overall diameter was very close to the lower link area. A 2.6 would not fit, I am almost certain 99.9% sure. The front would be perfectly fine though.

Rider/Builder/Hacker
    Nov 2015
    . I called Intense they said it would be fine. I had some Maxxis Ardent 29x2.4 on Flow MK3 wheels and while the sides were fine the overall diameter was very close to the lower link area. A 2.6 would not fit, I am almost certain 99.9% sure. The front would be perfectly fine though.
    I tried a 29x2.6 Purgatory on a 30mm IW rim and decided it was too close to the lower link for comfort. Definitely a no go if you have muddy conditions. Something like a 2.6 Rekon might have better clearance since it appears to have a lower profile.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Are you talking a Recon 29x2.6? I can not see how t would fit if a ardent 2.4 on a flow will not and a flow is not wide at all. It is only 29internal width.

Rider/Builder/Hacker
    Nov 2015
    Are you talking a Recon 29x2.6? I can not see how t would fit if a ardent 2.4 on a flow will not and a flow is not wide at all. It is only 29internal width.
    The Ardent 2.4 does have fairly high volume and somehow I skipped over that detail when making my comment. I was only comparing the Rekon 2.6 to other 29x2.6 tires. It's definitely a tight fit with 29er's on the ACV.

mtbr member

Really, guys at Intense $17 on shipping?

Introducing the Intense ACV 27.5+ Yes, they did!-screen-shot-2018-07-29-1.03.39-am.jpg

mtbr member
    Introducing the Intense ACV 27.5+ Yes, they did!-img_3431.jpeg

It took me long enough to get this thing together but here it is. I originally started looking at the Spider Trail but was advised against it due to my 230lb frame. I was looking at a primer but Camo is my favorite color with Orange a close second, so this frame as a 29er was a no brainer for me. XL at 26.90 lbs with the candy pedals (just had those laying around, not sure what pedal to use yet). The MKII tires are a little on the heavy side for what I was wanting to do, and have way more tread than I need, but they looked interesting I wanted to try them. Also the DMR grips are camo and match the bike better in person than the picture shows, but I may just go to chunky silicone. I enjoyed all 7 of the miles I put on the bike today but can't really comment on much lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

Good job!

Damn, that is nice.

Aficionated Member
    Hello everyone,
    After almost 10 months with 29" wheels I'm wondering as well what would be the BB Heigh with 27,5" wheels and 2.6 Maxxis tires on it. For sure too low but, how could be with 35 mm inner with rims and maybe increasing 1cm the fork travel? From 150mm to 160. Maybe that could hepls to rise enough the BB.
    Cheers.

Enjoy your rides

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I have a pair of Maxxis 2.6WT Rekon and 2.6WT Ardent Race on 27.5 x 31.8i wheels and unloaded they are both 14Ē from the floor to the axle center. You should be able to figure it out from there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Iím giving a new wheel setup a try. 29er 2.4 in the front, stock 27.5 2.8 in the rear. I wanted 29 2.6 but Iíd be pushing the 27mm width. Not too far off, the rear icon is marginally wider. Weather is not cooperating for a shakedown run.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hey there, thanks for the on-site and beta on changiyout the rear shock on the ACV. I love the idea of increasing the travel to 140mm.

Love the acv in the 29er setup.

Compared to your DH setup, what coil over setup would you recommend for a more all around setup? I am about 152 lbs. I am just gathering info on his so any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Finally have my 29er wheels on my foundation ACV. Cheap wheel set and Maxxis icons with tubes put the bike just under 30lbs (stock wheels and tires 32.4lbs.) Got me thinking Chinese carbon 27.5+ wheels? Boat Ancorage stock wheels....

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I get that theyíre not the same frame, but does anyone know if the ACV rear triangle is a direct bolt-on to the Spider 275c fromt triangle? According to the parts page the link hardware/bearings are the same for Spider 275/Primer/Recluce/ACV. So it sure seems like it might ...

Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    We were pressed for time so I didn't get a chance to hit the trail with it yet. It is not the same frame as the Spider 275c despite what the dealer says. I'm sure there is a misunderstanding. They even look completely different let alone different geo. Take a look at the Intense website for geo specs.

SPIDER 275C | Intense Cycles

ACV | Intense Cycles

Now look closely at the rear triangle of the 2 bikes. See the extra brace on the drive side of the ACV? The Spider doesn't have that lower brace connecting to the upper pivot point. As if that wasn't evidence enough, look at the seat tube. The ACV sports an open triangle where the Spider is a closed triangle.

Attachment 1084083Attachment 1084084

I'll see if anyone near you has one you can take a look at.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    So to answer my own question, after reviewing all the parts diagrams it would appear that the rear triangles can all be direct swapped between the Spider 275C, Recluse, Primer, and ACV. So if you want to make your Spider or Recluse a 29er you can swap the fork and rear triangle or maybe make your Primer a 27+ or fit a bigger rear tire swap in the ACV rear triangle, etc. The ACV rear triangle on either the Spider or Recluse would let you fit a fat rear tire, but the 19mm longer chainstay is going to change the handling characteristic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hey what is the rear shock you have on that rig? Is it 200x57? Thank you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    My ACV as a 29er is a totally different experience. I love the weight loss over the foundation 27.5+ wheels, it rolls awesome. I do miss the perceived confidence of the + tires but man I love the ACV as a 29er. Maxxis Icon has plenty of side clearance, it is a lil close to the linkage in back (2.2).

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

27.5x2.6 tires

So did the 27.5 x2.6 tire on the 31.8 wheels work? Was the bottom brackets just to low? I am not a tech measurement kind of person so not sure if it was low( 14Ē ) to ride on trails with. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknownRider View Post
    I have a pair of Maxxis 2.6WT Rekon and 2.6WT Ardent Race on 27.5 x 31.8i wheels and unloaded they are both 14Ē from the floor to the axle center. You should be able to figure it out from there.

mtbr member
    Though this has not been tested for pivot wear, etc I thought Iíd give it a try. Recluse link and 200x57 X2, 140mm travel.
    Itís been a while so I was curious if you had any issues with the shock setup. Iím thinking about going from a 34 140mm/200x51 130mm dpx2 to a 36 150mm/200x57 x2 with the recluse link like you did

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Question for the guys that put a 57mm rear shock on their 2017 ACV!!! With the 57mm stroke do you have to swap out the linkage as well? I think I have seen some where they left the stock linkage?

I'm wanting to put in a CC DB iL coil or a Fox X2. From the reading on this thread it sounds like the X2 may rub the top tube, so possibly the CC DB would work better.

Thanks a lot gang.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    My understanding is you can use a 57mm shock with the 130/115 linkage but it takes a huge amount of force to get full compression and that the curve is much better with the 140 linkage. I'm not 100% on that, just saw it reading through the threads here.

I just got a 57mm X2 so once I get the linkage I'll let you know.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Hey MXI, thanks for the info. I've emailed intense and this was the response.

" A coil shock works great on these bikes, they will tend to sit a little deeper in the travel. if that is what you are looking for, I would go that way. If you're looking for a more balanced all around feel, the air is better suited for that. You can put a 57mm shock on if you like, however you will need to also install the recluse link to achieve the increased travel numbers safely."

So it is advised to install the recluse link. but I am sure people have done it without it.

I look foward to hear how the X2 fits on there for you, you'll have to post some pics!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Introducing the Intense ACV 27.5+ Yes, they did!-a3cuuideqgoeqqlewaimaawy25o-rmtu4zp0lgjuuxw-2048x2046.jpg

Hello everyone, I am a French owner of an "Intense ACV" for a few weeks. He rode with a canecreek DB inline IL in 200x57. I am rather satisfied with the bike, but I have a lot of difficulty with the height of the bottom bracket, I constantly touch the stones of my trails. I first tested with 2.6 tires, it was really dangerous, I went in 2.8 and I passed the fork in 160mm. now, the height is about 325 (12.8 inches).
    the data sheet of intense gives 334. What are you worth? Is it having passed the shock absorber in 200x57? thank you very much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12