Intense Sniper - Page 14- Mtbr.com
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 1,301 to 1,326 of 1326

Thread: Intense Sniper

mtbr member
    Iím sure as loyal customers a lot of us would like it if Intense would just support us a little now after we have spent thousands of dollars with them or even just commented on this ďmodĒ good or bad. Not like the way Yeti did with the SB100 flex issues. It just seems like a valid concern and there are crickets in this thread. This is an opportunity for the company to build real brand loyalty.

mtbr member
    As a consumer, I'm right there with you...but I'm not holding my breath, as this seems to potentially open up a can of worms for the company (like with warranty issues for folks who do a DIY mod). It seems like one the best things they can do is explain why this is a bad idea (if it is), or create their own approved fix and get it out ASAP, again, with an explanation of the issue...silencio es no bueno
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/1" Slicks and a Rack on the Back

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm with both of you. Not bashing the guys, but you can't go from active on a thread about your bike to crickets when someone comes up with a mod like this.

I'm buying something as soon as Pivot and Ibis announce what ever they have coming out. I spoke to someone at Pivot about the new 429 SL (I'm assuming its coming out soon) and the Sniper and they said I'd be happy.

The silence on this mod is not reassuring.
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Brief update on the Sniper mod:

I finished the Pisgah Stage Race earlier today on my mod equipped Sniper Trail. The mod did its job. The rear end didnít wobble and never came loose after 7 days of riding in Pisgah(2 preride days and 5 days of racing). I built it specifically for the PSR and before the mod I had serious doubts whether the bike would last the race. With the mod, it never held me back. Wish I could say the same for my complete lack of fitness, lol. When I get home Iíll write up a full ride report/review...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    My build up so far:

Sniper Trail SL 120mm
    Fox Step Cast 34 120mm
    Bar: Enve M6 31.8 x 770mm
    Stem: Enve 55mm
    Grips: ESI
    HS: Chris King
    Brakes: Sram Level Ultimate 180/160
    Drivetrain: Eagle XX1 (AXS coming)
    Crankset: Rotor INPower 170mm
    CR: Rotor Oval 34T
    BB: Rotor Ceramic
    Pedals: XTR
    Seatpost: Enve
    Seat: WTB Volt carbon
    Wheelset: Enve M525
    Tires: 2.25 Nobby Nick
    Oi bell
    Lezyne Micro C GPS
    Misc Ti Bolts
    Seat stay brace
    23lb 5oz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Intense Sniper-img_1199.jpg  

Intense Sniper-img_1197.jpg  

Intense Sniper-img_1195.jpg  

Intense Sniper-img_1194.jpg  

Intense Sniper-img_1193.jpg  

Intense Sniper-img_1190.jpg  

www.johnnyboy.ca

.:grupettolife.com: mtbrealtors.com:.

DJO
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Awesome set up Johnnyboy. I am hoping that Intense jumps on this thread with their thoughts on the mod.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Stunning build Johnnyboy! Is that weight with pedals?

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DJO View Post
    Awesome set up Johnnyboy. I am hoping that Intense jumps on this thread with their thoughts on the mod.
    We are aware of the mod and are looking into a couple solutions. We will be doing extensive lab testing to confirm.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Great to hear! @creativefletch

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by IPA Rider View Post
    As a consumer, I'm right there with you...but I'm not holding my breath, as this seems to potentially open up a can of worms for the company (like with warranty issues for folks who do a DIY mod). It seems like one the best things they can do is explain why this is a bad idea (if it is), or create their own approved fix and get it out ASAP, again, with an explanation of the issue...silencio es no bueno
    I can assure everyone on here that the silence to the mod is/was not intentional. As soon as we saw it we started working with our engineers in house to get it: 1. replicated 2. tested. With the Sea Otter show last week it has consumed much of our time the last couple weeks so we were not able to get on the forums to follow up.

The Sniper was developed to be one of the lightest full suspension XC frames on the market, however, being Intense we also wanted it to be DH inspired as it's our roots. Keep in mind we were the first to release what now affectionately known as "downcountry" with the Sniper. The design and geo of the bike allows you to push comfortably into stuff that on a normal XC bike you would back off on.

We have made a couple solutions similar to the ones on this thread and are testing them both in the lab and on bikes in the field. There are lab certified tests that we want to perform and sign off on before we can recommend anything.

We will provide more updates as we finish testing. We appreciate all of the feedback from this thread and the enthusiasm for the bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by creativefletch View Post
    We are aware of the mod and are looking into a couple solutions. We will be doing extensive lab testing to confirm.
    good to know, thanks for posting

DJO
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I can assure everyone on here that the silence to the mod is/was not intentional. As soon as we saw it we started working with our engineers in house to get it: 1. replicated 2. tested. With the Sea Otter show last week it has consumed much of our time the last couple weeks so we were not able to get on the forums to follow up.

The Sniper was developed to be one of the lightest full suspension XC frames on the market, however, being Intense we also wanted it to be DH inspired as it's our roots. Keep in mind we were the first to release what now affectionately known as "downcountry" with the Sniper. The design and geo of the bike allows you to push comfortably into stuff that on a normal XC bike you would back off on.

We have made a couple solutions similar to the ones on this thread and are testing them both in the lab and on bikes in the field. There are lab certified tests that we want to perform and sign off on before we can recommend anything.

We will provide more updates as we finish testing. We appreciate all of the feedback from this thread and the enthusiasm for the bike.
    Awesome to hear. I am faster on my Intense Sniper Trail Pro than I was on my Ibis Ripley X01-WERX build ($2,400 more than the Sniper) and faster than I was on my SC Carbon Tallboy. I'm faster on the Sniper on the same trails because it is lighter and the geometry. I do notice the rear end flex 2-3 times per ride but it has not been an issue. Any mod that stiffened the rear of this bike would make a great bike even better.

mtbr member
    Intense, thanks for the update on a possible mod. As a three-time owner (5.5, Tracer VP and Sniper) I appreciate the company stepping up to address this situation. I look forward to additional updates.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by macdaddyg2006 View Post
    Intense, thanks for the update on a possible mod. As a three-time owner (5.5, Tracer VP and Sniper) I appreciate the company stepping up to address this situation. I look forward to additional updates.
    Where did they address it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by tmorisol View Post
    Where did they address it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    the post above his

"We have made a couple solutions similar to the ones on this thread and are testing them both in the lab and on bikes in the field. There are lab certified tests that we want to perform and sign off on before we can recommend anything.

We will provide more updates as we finish testing. We appreciate all of the feedback from this thread and the enthusiasm for the bike."

mtbr member

and there we go...right on target...looking forward to the follow-through
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/1" Slicks and a Rack on the Back

mtbr member
    Weight was with everything listed (pedals, GPS, bell etc).
    www.johnnyboy.ca

.:grupettolife.com: mtbrealtors.com:.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboy.ca View Post
    Weight was with everything listed (pedals, GPS, bell etc).
    Very nice!

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Good. The rep that handled our demo at sea otter -2018- told me it was probably just loose when i told him the rear flex was excessive.

Glad to see you're taking action.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I'm looking at the Sniper Trail as my first bike from Intense (after a long run of Ibis bikes). Hoping for a quick fix!
    Ride fast. Huck bravely. Waste no beer. Safety third.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Does anyone know how to get Intense to provide some customer service? The retainer nut for my hanger was not installed with loctite (it definitely should have been IMO) spun loose and fell off during a ride and the dropout flexed open allowing the hanger to rotate out and scratch the inside of the chainstay.

Iíve been waiting over two weeks to get a replacement mailed out. Currently watching all the spring races pass me by and not super thrilled with this consumer direct model.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by skibumnh View Post
    Does anyone know how to get Intense to provide some customer service? The retainer nut for my hanger was not installed with loctite (it definitely should have been IMO) spun loose and fell off during a ride and the dropout flexed open allowing the hanger to rotate out and scratch the inside of the chainstay.

Iíve been waiting over two weeks to get a replacement mailed out. Currently watching all the spring races pass me by and not super thrilled with this consumer direct model.

Damn... I had the same thing happen! Iím in SoCal, so drove there on afternoon. 4 hours of wasted time due to no locktite.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by skibumnh View Post

While not excusing the lack of CS, definitely a no on the loctite on the hanger.

I won't name the company, but they did that on all the bikes/frames they ship out. My Ripley had it done. When I had to remove the hanger, it striped and left me having to drill it out on a nice carbon frame.
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    While not excusing the lack of CS, definitely a no on the loctite on the hanger.

I won't name the company, but they did that on all the bikes/frames they ship out. My Ripley had it done. When I had to remove the hanger, it striped and left me having to drill it out on a nice carbon frame.
    The Sniper dropout is secured by a huge 19mm hex nut, not some 1.5mm ez strip allen screw. Blue loctite will be fine. Everyone with a Sniper Iíve spoken to so far has also experienced this issue.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Fortunately, I have not had that issue with the hanger.

**But - I do have other issues with the bike, I've had the front triangle replaced, the upper linkage replaced due to loose inner bearings. Now the rear of the bike is real loose again, I checked and doubled check all of the bolts to the proper spec, tbh I'm beyond frustrated. This time it feels like it is coming from the lower pivot area, the one with the one bolt on the left side of the drive train and plastic cap on the right. Customer service is almost a joke to this point, I think they are tired of hearing from me while I'm tired of all of the down time. I'm looking to recoup some my money after this next "fix". I've got the Sniper XC, L. It will come with unused wheels.

The bike is a real fun/fast ride otherwise. Patiently waiting for whatever Ibis or Pivot comes out with to compete in this area.
    Last edited by cyclism00; 1 Day Ago at 11:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    tried calling them?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314