Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 1212

Thread: Intense Sniper

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    2019 Intense Sniper XC SL Frame Grey/UD Carbon with Extras SPAM FOR SALE

https://forums.mtbr.com/classifieds/...s-1096825.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I'd be all over that if it were a large. Now that Snipers have been out for a while, anyone who puts a lot of mileage on the bike have any feedback on how things are holding up? Looking to have a Trail be my single bike, currently put miles (I think like 6kish a year?) on my Honzo anywhere from the trainer to rougher DH, mostly endurance XC though. Not concerned about servicing when needed, but also don't want to be battling loose hardware/bearing issues/etc. coming from a very stout hardtail.

Also curious about the rear axle, is the threaded insert on the drive side something to protect the rear triangle/can it be removed for a standard bolt-on axle? Will be interested in being able to get it into my kickr snap.

tmb
    When in doubt- turn left
    Feb 2004
    Looking at a Sniper Trail for my 5'2" wife. Can anyone confirm the size small standover of 779mm on the geo chart? That seems pretty tall for a small frame.

Thanks
    T

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ40runr View Post
    I'd be all over that if it were a large. Now that Snipers have been out for a while, anyone who puts a lot of mileage on the bike have any feedback on how things are holding up? Looking to have a Trail be my single bike, currently put miles (I think like 6kish a year?) on my Honzo anywhere from the trainer to rougher DH, mostly endurance XC though. Not concerned about servicing when needed, but also don't want to be battling loose hardware/bearing issues/etc. coming from a very stout hardtail.

Also curious about the rear axle, is the threaded insert on the drive side something to protect the rear triangle/can it be removed for a standard bolt-on axle? Will be interested in being able to get it into my kickr snap.
    I've been on a Sniper XC (with 120mm fork) since last summer. So far it's been excellent, no issues with creaking or loosening hardware. I'm on an XL and am 6'3"/190lbs, and ride aggressively.

It's definitely a light XC-ish bike, and as such is a bit more flexy and delicate than say my Ripmo. This is to be expected, and is not a bad thing, I'd just say that this is an XC bike that can be ridden hard, not an aggressive trail bike. Very different feel between a Sniper and an Evil Following despite similar numbers and travel, for example. That said it's great for what it does, and can definitely be a fun trail ride OR an XC weapon with just a tire change. Only bike out now that's similarly capable IMHO would be the Yeti SB100, but it seems there are significant issues with reliability on the SB100 and, oh yeah, it costs $1000 more (!) for a frame...

DJO
    mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    I've been on a Sniper XC (with 120mm fork) since last summer. So far it's been excellent, no issues with creaking or loosening hardware. I'm on an XL and am 6'3"/190lbs, and ride aggressively.

It's definitely a light XC-ish bike, and as such is a bit more flexy and delicate than say my Ripmo. This is to be expected, and is not a bad thing, I'd just say that this is an XC bike that can be ridden hard, not an aggressive trail bike. Very different feel between a Sniper and an Evil Following despite similar numbers and travel, for example. That said it's great for what it does, and can definitely be a fun trail ride OR an XC weapon with just a tire change. Only bike out now that's similarly capable IMHO would be the Yeti SB100, but it seems there are significant issues with reliability on the SB100 and, oh yeah, it costs $1000 more (!) for a frame...
    I agree 100%, specifically "this is an XC bike that can be ridden hard, not an aggressive trail bike" It does feel different than my Ripley but I'm faster on the Sniper Trail everywhere but rock gardens or super chunky stuff. Way faster than my Epic on downhills. Still kicking myself for not getting carbon rims.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by DJO View Post
    I agree 100%, specifically "this is an XC bike that can be ridden hard, not an aggressive trail bike" It does feel different than my Ripley but I'm faster on the Sniper Trail everywhere but rock gardens or super chunky stuff. Way faster than my Epic on downhills. Still kicking myself for not getting carbon rims.
    Cool, both the above comments are what I was hoping to hear. One more question relating to XC vs. Trail. How locked out is locked out on both? Would really love to still be able to do some shorter rides hardtail-esque because I feel like it promotes good line choice and improved fitness mile-for-mile. My current thinking is get a Trail, have the full 120mm for the more gnar DH when desired, switch to the mid position for most XC-style riding/racing, and locked out on occasion. Feel like the mid position can potentially serve the 90% of the same purpose as the XC valving/travel, possibly running a little high on pressure/not using full travel for the add'l platform?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Full lockout Is pretty firm.

Ive had alot of vpp bikes. When I started racing more xc after bmx I got a blur xc carbon and didnt know crap about sag, so I ran it with 0 sag. Turns out for XC I really liked it. Tons of air, full open, normal speed rebound (but almost maxed cause pressure)

I rediscovered that on my sniper and really like it. Due to all the antisquat and regressive begining of stroke I love it for balls out xc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    believe in yourself! I believe in you!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ40runr View Post
    Cool, both the above comments are what I was hoping to hear. One more question relating to XC vs. Trail. How locked out is locked out on both? Would really love to still be able to do some shorter rides hardtail-esque because I feel like it promotes good line choice and improved fitness mile-for-mile. My current thinking is get a Trail, have the full 120mm for the more gnar DH when desired, switch to the mid position for most XC-style riding/racing, and locked out on occasion. Feel like the mid position can potentially serve the 90% of the same purpose as the XC valving/travel, possibly running a little high on pressure/not using full travel for the add'l platform?
    Lookout is pretty stiff on the Sniper. The suspension is dialed that I climb in full open and have almost 0 bob. The only thing I would watch it for with the trail build is the added weight of even the 34 fork. Due to the Sniper being pretty slack it rides very well downhill. You have to throw 2-3 foot drops at it to feel as if you should have more travel. If you are more into fast flow descents you are likely going to be fine on the XC version and it will be 2lbs better in weight and faster racing and climbing. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by tmorisol View Post
    Lookout is pretty stiff on the Sniper. The suspension is dialed that I climb in full open and have almost 0 bob. The only thing I would watch it for with the trail build is the added weight of even the 34 fork. Due to the Sniper being pretty slack it rides very well downhill. You have to throw 2-3 foot drops at it to feel as if you should have more travel. If you are more into fast flow descents you are likely going to be fine on the XC version and it will be 2lbs better in weight and faster racing and climbing. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the insight. If I were to buy a build I would go with an XC for the parts/cockpit, but most likely going to pull my parts off my Honzo and move over to a sniper frame. Only thing that isn't really suitable is my Pike @ 140, unsure if I'd drop it back down to 120 or sell for a 34SC.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Intense Sniper-b999612b-1e38-46b0-90da-f2575455ae96.jpgRevised my ad in the classifieds and stripped the frame to get an actual weight

Frame/shock and rubber protectors come in at 2030 grams for size medium.

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Hey guys, I have been looking at a new bike purchase and came across Intense. I am really liking them as well as the company so far however I have found a lot of negative reviews online about quality and customer service. I am looking at either the Sniper trail or the Primer and just wanted some feedback from some non "Intense haters" as there seems to be kind of a Intense bashing band wagon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassyrider View Post
    Hey guys, I have been looking at a new bike purchase and came across Intense. I am really liking them as well as the company so far however I have found a lot of negative reviews online about quality and customer service. I am looking at either the Sniper trail or the Primer and just wanted some feedback from some non "Intense haters" as there seems to be kind of a Intense bashing band wagon.
    I bought a Sniper Trail frame recently through rider direct. A couple of hiccups with International shipping paperwork (I'm in Canada), but the customer service people were super friendly, on point and followed up with me promptly until it got sorted out. Quality wise, the frame looks good, everything was torqued correctly and well packed. My frame was actually missing one small spacer at the lower pivot, but again, customer service got me the part next day once it was discovered. I'm coming off a Tracer T275C that was flawless over the years I had it. I'm not a harcore Intense fan boy (I'll ride whatever brand suits my need) but I just think they make the right product for my riding style with the travel and geometry (old DH'er now doing more XC).
    www.johnnyboy.ca

.:grupettolife.com: mtbrealtors.com:.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213