Intense M9 Pictures- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Intense M9 Pictures

CRC Intense team are in Ireland to race the 3rd round of the Irish Downhill championships. Here are a few pictures I got of the new M9 today

And here's Matti working on his bike

mtbr member
    cool thx for sharing
    there is unrest in the forest. there is trouble with the trees.

mtbr member
    looks much alike an m6... whats the diference?
    there are a couple of words that will open you many many doors in life....... push and pull.

Ideas Above My Station...
    951 downtube.
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Saw these being prepared in CRC last week. Was chatting with Kovarik about the new big. He was saying it's one of the fastest bikes he's ridden.

I think it looks superb
    Intense 6.6 with BOS Iydlle SC & BOS Stoy= Super stoked

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I so want one right now...The new bike looks sooo much better than last year's test mules. And the evolution of the suspension is moving in the direction I had hoped.
    I got some neat info from a guy REAL close to production.
    Same down tube as on the 951 for cost sharing purposes I imagine,
    8.5 or 10" travel option depending on shock, more linear feel than the M6.
    The M6 sticks really well to the ground, so its a bit less "launchy" off stuff.
    The new M9 should reflect the newer riding style of floating over the top of things, a la Sam Hill, I'm told. Should have more "pop" than the old M6.
    Higher BB than the 951 due to the amount of travel.

And someone mentioned that Intense was looking to make a bike in carbon, all built here in the USA. Don't know which model though. They thought the M9.
    Could that be why the M9 has been so long in coming out?
    A carbon M9 would be sick.
    And right on the heels of the Santa Cruz carbon V-10...
    Hmmmmmmm. Rumor for thought.
    But then again, this is the internet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    If the M9 is not carbon I will probably be rockin a V-10.

I just wanna go fast!
    Carbon or not, I want one.

mtbr member

so sick. like swine flu.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by EF76

so sick. like swine flu.
    beautiful
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Why cant Intense do a proper rear "fender" like the V-10?
    See the cut up inner tube mud and rock guard on there.
    Sheesh. I wanna keep my CC purdy.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangesicle
    Ya, Intense should follow their lead and make a removable carbon fiber rear fender!
    I made on out of an old TLD rear fender. Installed with tie wraps.
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    That would be nice to have, but looking at how the link and the seatstay move, is it possible?

Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangesicle
    I made a proper one for my M6 out of plastic. It works really good at keeping dirt and other stuff off my shock. It's taken me a while and several iterations to get the perfect design down, but I'm looking to make one out of carbon fiber here very soon and maybe see if I can make some for my friends 951's. Intense should just make them and ship them with the frames like SC. That would have saved me some time.

mtbr member

Sweet Ride

With all the carbon crazys out there its nice that intense just keeps putting out super nice bikes like the M-9 i gladly ride that and i don't care if its carbon or not Sweet bike jeff. i Like how team Chain Reaction has moved to the marzocchi suspension too

mtbr member
    May 2008
    CK's new m9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Intense M9 Pictures-img_1239.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I really want one of those.

mtbr member
    yes, would be nice if they made a dedicated fender, but I enjoy doing stuff like that for my bike. Custom fenders, quieting the chainstays all that little bitty customization is fun for me and adds to my connection with the bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Rumor has it the M9 will have a 14.5" BB, what is up with the V10ish BB height? If that is the case I am keeping my M6, the 13.4" BB rails!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    the BB of the M9 is half an inch higher than the m6 BB. I talked with CK about that and he told me that. I had a seat on the m9 and it feels really really nice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Crackerjack: On paper the M6 is supposed to have a 14.125" BB, in reality it has around a 13.4". Three of my buddies have M6's and they all have the same BB height with the newly revised M6 dropouts. I have personally owned two M6's since there inception. Even if the BB was a 1/2" taller that is a very big difference.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwdrums00
    Crackerjack: On paper the M6 is supposed to have a 14.125" BB, in reality it has around a 13.4". Three of my buddies have M6's and they all have the same BB height with the newly revised M6 dropouts. I have personally owned two M6's since there inception. Even if the BB was a 1/2" taller that is a very big difference.
    I know I know. I also owe an m6, my third one since 3 years. I know CK and he used to ride the Evo last year which was pretty good but he told me that the m9 is the best bike he ever rode, real good geometry.
    I had a seat on it in Maribor and I have to say it feels really good. I tried to ride the 951 this year too but no way, I will stay with my M6, its the best bike yet I ever ridden. But hopefully the M9 will be better, but its hard to beat the M6.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I have never ridden a DH frame from Intense that I didn't like, M1, M3, M6, 951, so I am confident I will like the m9, just produce it already!

Is Chirs the only one on the team on Schwalbe? the rest is on Maxxis, right?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack69
    I know I know. I also owe an m6, my third one since 3 years. I know CK and he used to ride the Evo last year which was pretty good but he told me that the m9 is the best bike he ever rode, real good geometry.
    I had a seat on it in Maribor and I have to say it feels really good. I tried to ride the 951 this year too but no way, I will stay with my M6, its the best bike yet I ever ridden. But hopefully the M9 will be better, but its hard to beat the M6.
    I agree 100% about the 951 that's why I got another M6 too. When you sat on the M9 did the first part of the travel have a high leverage ratio feel (really soft) like the 951?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I agree 100% about the 951 that's why I got another M6 too. When you sat on the M9 did the first part of the travel have a high leverage ratio feel (really soft) like the 951?

no the leverage is quite the same like the m6 leverage but only a little bit smoother, more linear. but good. i did not like the soft leverage on the 951, hated it!!! cause I had to ride 600 springs with the 951 which is expensive, stupid and not good. the m6 still rocks and the m9 will rock aswell!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Rumor has it the M9 will have a 14.5" BB, what is up with the V10ish BB height? If that is the case I am keeping my M6, the 13.4" BB rails!
    my M6 exactly had 14,125" BB when using the "newer" revised drop-outs. The axle-to-crown height was about 585mm (it was initially made for the Travis). When I changed to a the "older" drop-outs and swapped to 572mm axle-to-crown the BB was about 13,5 inches.
    so the problem is that Intense doesn't post the axle-to-crown height when measuring their bikes. So Intense post their geo stats pretty exact so far...

for me the 14,5" BB of the M9 is a kind a step back and also the head angle of 63,4 (with the tall 888 Ti) could be a bit slacker (especially when using a short axle-to.crow lenght).

i am riding a 951 (large) now with Works COmponents Reducer Kit , so i got a 63 head angle and a bb of 13,75 and an WB of 47, 875 which rides awesome!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Wonder when it will be available to the public?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    CRC/Intense riding M9 Prototypes was the #1 team this weekend at Fort William. Matti and Julien in the top 10 and Kovarik on a race winning run but suffered a puncture mid course.

We are currently 3rd overall in the world team rankings too, ahead of so many other huge brands, pretty good for our little shop! We are also beating all those carbon teams too ;-)

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stiksandstones
    CRC/Intense riding M9 Prototypes was the #1 team this weekend at Fort William. Matti and Julien in the top 10 and Kovarik on a race winning run but suffered a puncture mid course.

We are currently 3rd overall in the world team rankings too, ahead of so many other huge brands, pretty good for our little shop! We are also beating all those carbon teams too ;-)
    Well, then start production soon, so we can ride the M9 too!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stiksandstones

Chris was pinning the upper section too! It was a bummer to see him come out of the woods with a flat.

I hope Matti can keep himself out of the hospital this season.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Heard that Intense is not allowed to call the M9 "M9 Proto" because M9 is already a Solid Bikes product...
    what about that?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    ya thats true, I read in one bike magazine an advertisement from solid with their M9! so I think Intense may not be allowed to call it M9 aswell.
    Or maybe like the ss and ss2. m6-2??

mtbr member
    May 2005
    M9, M8, M7 etc. who cares about? It is hot! That's what counts!

Members who have read this thread: 0