Getting a new Tracer frame. Shock options?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Getting a new Tracer frame. Shock options?

As the title said I have a Tracer 2019 frame on the way to replace my Recluse, so I need a new shock. Sizing must be 216x63.

I'm oriented towards a lockable, piggy-backed mid-end choice like the non-Kashima Fox Float DPX2. Any suggestion? What about a DVO? Definitely not a RS Monarch.

Being new to the metric world, is there any chance there's something compatible that comes in the metric standard? Don't care if it effectively reduce the travel a bit, but not looking to increase the already generous (for me) 165mm stock travel at the wheel.

And as a side note, I have no idea about bushings. Any chance I can recycle the ones from the Recluse?

(Uhm, and what about the shock tune? I'll try to ask the customer service for this one.)

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Ok, I'm seeing that the closer metric model is 210x55. And there's a flip chip on the Tracer so... How bad this idea sounds?

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by meeerkat View Post
    Ok, I'm seeing that the closer metric model is 210x55. And there's a flip chip on the Tracer so... How bad this idea sounds?
    The 2019 Tracer does not have a flip chip. If you're looking for a lock-out option the DPX2 is an amazing shock. DVO once set-up to your liking will be a great option as well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by creativefletch View Post
    The 2019 Tracer does not have a flip chip. If you're looking for a lock-out option the DPX2 is an amazing shock. DVO once set-up to your liking will be a great option as well.
    Really surprised about the flip-chip because it really looked like one in the pictures and diagrams. Good to hear the DPX2 is good since it's my primary choice for now.