Can someone spill the beans- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2016

Can someone spill the beans

We've seen numerous times that new intense bikes are coming for this summer and I'm curious if there's any chance the Tracer could change, we know the primer is getting an update which is pretty good but I like my primer the way it is. If the Tracer follows suit with like of Yeti pivot or transition maybe it would be a better bike maybe not most people seem to like it the way it is and I'm kind of thinking I would too. I want a good climbing jumping bike to be above my primer but below my Uzzi. My Uzzi is for sale so the recluse is out of the game

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by adam74; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    . <-----

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Cool-blue Rhythm

I'm wanting a new 140-150mm travel trail bike not like the recluse but built from the ground up to be that. More of a enduro-lite that can still pedal. (Bronson beater)

Then I'll sell my recluse.

Pretty sure this is coming please don't make it 29er only.

Pm me some pics I promise I won't tell

mtbr member
    Look at that beautiful alu tubing!... Iíll take whatever it is Jeff is building as long as itís out of those tubes!!!...

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    since he's posting teasers i'll say i was told august for 2020 line. they of course wouldn't say anything else. obviously, whatever they're releasing already has molds and is ramping up, so no idea what he's building there (assuming they're not old pics he's just now posting for marketing purposes lol).

they're probably waiting for Pivot and Santa Cruz to burn their matches first lol idk.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    . <-----
    ^ what he said. For the love of god man, please separate some if those independent clauses. Honestly, I'd love to see some commas in there too. Almost every time you used "but" there should have been a comma before it even after you split things out into sentences. It made me short of breath and I wasn't even reading it out loud.
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartist View Post
    ^ what he said. For the love of god, man, please separate some if those independent clauses. Honestly, I'd love to see some commas in there too. Almost every time you used "but" there should have been a comma before it even after you split things out into sentences. It made me short of breath and I wasn't even reading it out loud.
    Haha, I, used, Google, voice, to, text, it, doesn't,know, where, to, put, commas, or, periods.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by FactoryMatt View Post
    since he's posting teasers i'll say i was told august for 2020 line. they of course wouldn't say anything else. obviously, whatever they're releasing already has molds and is ramping up, so no idea what he's building there (assuming they're not old pics he's just now posting for marketing purposes lol).

they're probably waiting for Pivot and Santa Cruz to burn their matches first lol idk.
    Santa Cruz aready updated the Bronson and v10.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    sorry was thinking hightower vs primer.

Trail Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Van Deventer View Post
    I'm wanting a new 140-150mm travel trail bike not like the recluse but built from the ground up to be that. More of a enduro-lite that can still pedal. (Bronson beater)

Whatís wrong with the recluse? I have a 2018 Bronson, and a 2017 Recluse frame...I need to build up the Intense. The Bronson pedals ok, but not great. Just looking for feedback

mtbr member

I like the Recluse but want more travel because it is too close to my Primer. Something like 150-160 in a 27.5 that is nimble and can climb as well because I think they have a gap in their lineup. Not a big fan of the Tracer or Carbine 29 because neither is very pedal friendly and are big beasts of bikes. They are going to have to compete with a lot of bikes in that category. Most notably the Jeffsy.

Ole
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Dual shock mounts on the frame. I'm betting a Mullet convertible downhill frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Dual shock mounts on the frame. I'm betting a Mullet convertible downhill frame.
    Probably for testing purposes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane View Post
    I like the Recluse but want more travel because it is too close to my Primer. Something like 150-160 in a 27.5 that is nimble and can climb as well because I think they have a gap in their lineup. Not a big fan of the Tracer or Carbine 29 because neither is very pedal friendly and are big beasts of bikes. They are going to have to compete with a lot of bikes in that category. Most notably the Jeffsy.
    Ya a lightish 150mm that can pedal 10-15mm longer chainstays 10-15mm more reach degree slacker and 7-10mm lower bb.

I have my recluse set up pretty good but don't think I ride it as intended.
    I'm running 165mm ribbon coil with a -1.5 angleset and a DB inline coil. So it is not really Poppy and playful but a ground hugging pedal friendly bike that can corner pretty well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    all I want is a 150 primer with like a 66-66.5 hta. 10 mm longer chainstays (so i can fit a 2.5). 10mm more reach maybe 15 for giggles. Oh with 200x57 shock standard. bb can stay stay the same i have enough issues with roots and rocks here in pisgah.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by primer29 View Post
    all I want is a 150 primer with like a 66-66.5 hta. 10 mm longer chainstays (so i can fit a 2.5). 10mm more reach maybe 15 for giggles. Oh with 200x57 shock standard. bb can stay stay the same i have enough issues with roots and rocks here in pisgah.
    This...except 140mm rear travel designed around a 140-150mm fork up front. Current iteration doesn't allow for a big enough rear tire.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    no clue but i'll bet it'll be an upper-link-driven VPP and they release a half-baked geometry table.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jtforester View Post
    This...except 140mm rear travel designed around a 140-150mm fork up front. Current iteration doesn't allow for a big enough rear tire.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    You guys are doing great.

Ole
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    So, how would a bike with long linkages like the Tracer pedal if the lower link was mounted higher in the main triangle? The Tracer is a bit lazy in the pedaling input department, and I love the snappiness of my Primer even with a 200x57 coil shock..

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    How bout some modernization like some companies are doing with cable routing.
    Using a full downtube protector where the brake line and cables are routed underneath as an alternative to internal routing.
    Another cool thing on some bikes is a sag indicater on the pivot bolts that would be easy to do.

Also seeing the slight differences in the Geo people have posted it would be awesome to be able to tweak it via flip chips and some sort of head angle adjustment.

Also updated chainstay protector as it's been proven that bumps on it like specialized help keep things quiet.

Also I might get flamed here but some form of swat storage would be really cool and probably sell more bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    yes to all the above.

in addition, they need better documentation on the site pertaining to part numbers, specs, accurate geo including fork a-c, and so on.

they're falling behind a bit IMHO. hope this injection of cash and oversight from Jon-Erik Burleson changes things.

#business

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I love intense and plan on buying another but features I've listed will eventually pull me away.

Also I think they are going with the old school plan of win on Sunday....which is fine but if you put two bikes in front of me both similarly priced one with all the features I listed the other banking on race wins /cool factor/name/paint job.

The Recluse being my first high end f/s bike I bought on cool factor/paint job and Intense being like Santa Cruz cooler brother.
    Now that I know what I want my bike to do and seeing the innovations since my purchase I can say that I want all the bike and innovation I can get for my money.

You'll have to earn my buisness with bikes not wc wins.

mtbr member
    140mm Primer would be fantastic. Maybe look at seat tube length relative to reach would be great too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I'd just like a Sniper that can handle a bigger guy, a SniperHD if you will. If the Primer is going 140+, I'm out. I don't need that kind of travel.

mtbr member
    Can someone spill the beans-usgkorye83izt74watdz7cnqphscq4d8sryebksktkz8is6jhxykb1otlotzwdlbaqc8rxvs6ojas498ewukbp.jpeg

Anything else I can do for ya?

...I'm not cleaning them up, you only asked they be spilt.
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I love intense and plan on buying another but features I've listed will eventually pull me away.

Also I think they are going with the old school plan of win on Sunday....which is fine but if you put two bikes in front of me both similarly priced one with all the features I listed the other banking on race wins /cool factor/name/paint job.

The Recluse being my first high end f/s bike I bought on cool factor/paint job and Intense being like Santa Cruz cooler brother.
    Now that I know what I want my bike to do and seeing the innovations since my purchase I can say that I want all the bike and innovation I can get for my money.

You'll have to earn my buisness with bikes not wc wins.
    Some you've listed have been addressed, some you've listed are in the works.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by creativefletch View Post
    Some you've listed have been addressed, some you've listed are in the works.
    Sweet can't wait too see some new bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I agree with the win on Sunday sell on Monday, that's how it worked with nascar back in the muscle car/ hot rod days. But now most people when it comes to spending hard earned money couldn't care less what the "pros" or influencers on YouTube say. I still support racing in all gravity and motorsports as it does drive innovation and keep competitive. As for what buddy with 10k followers says I literally couldn't care less, I've never bought a part or bike because someone on Instagram said it was good. I avoid the shill videos and such like that. In the power tool industry it's getting out of hand because the manufacturers are making a fortune on battery tools as it locks you into thier brand and they are constantly sending YouTube and Instagram influencers products to promote it. Most of them will avoid flaws so they can keep getting free stuff. I seen a long thread on this forum about influencers.

I switched to Intense from Norco as I wanted a good all around bike. I nearly bought a norco range which competes with the tracer and heard from honest reviews it climbs like a monster truck, but also decends like one. I ended up keeping my Uzzi and bought a primer which I love, but sometimes I wish I got a recluse as now theres too much spread between the 2. I nearly bought a left over tracer but I wanna wait until the updated bikes come through to find something to fit my needs and maybe sell my Uzzi as since I got a kid I travel less and probably wont get to many bike parks as it's a 10 hour drive.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I'm totally into racing and have been since bmx with my mongoose on mags. I was lucky enough that my father and uncle we're friends with my hometown hero Guy Cooper.
    I ended up with one of his Suzuki race bikes and even though it was a 250cc my 105lbs still rode it.

To me seeing the brightly colored Moto's covered in stickers was a big part of it.
    I love my loud ass intense and ya I got plenty of stickers on it. Its like full filling a childhood dream when I built it up.
    And I will really enjoy my favorite rider on my favorite brand racing downhill all season. It's free entertainment for me and I do really appreciate Intense throwing down the cash to make it happen.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    that guy is still fast AF btw...something like 130mm of travel right here...

Can someone spill the beans-6e7797712d6722c06cd8f248be00204d.jpg

also nukeproof is beating Intense at their own moto game lol...

Can someone spill the beans-max_ewsmadeira19_bb025118_595316.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by FactoryMatt View Post
    that guy is still fast AF btw...something like 130mm of travel right here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6e7797712d6722c06cd8f248be00204d.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	1252458

also nukeproof is beating Intense at their own moto game lol...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	max_EWSMadeira19_BB025118_595316.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	1252459
    I know I saw it brought back alot of memories.

And it was also special to me that Guy was someone I learned from and wanted to emulate then i see my bicycle equivalent Sam Hill was a fan and emulator also.

Its just a big ole circle that was completed.

Edit: if I were to buy one it would have to be carbon and that fork would have to go. But I can do the same thing to an intense myself with a little custom work.

Edit:2 I believe that's a 360 Bultaco and my God that's alot of air to catch on that bike!

mtbr member
    How bout some modernization like some companies are doing with cable routing.
    Using a full downtube protector where the brake line and cables are routed underneath as an alternative to internal routing.
    Another cool thing on some bikes is a sag indicater on the pivot bolts that would be easy to do.

Also seeing the slight differences in the Geo people have posted it would be awesome to be able to tweak it via flip chips and some sort of head angle adjustment.

Also updated chainstay protector as it's been proven that bumps on it like specialized help keep things quiet.

Also I might get flamed here but some form of swat storage would be really cool and probably sell more bikes.
    Yeah, I agree with all the points. The internal cable routing needs some upgrades. A bolted clamp on the entry/exit points would be very good. Trying to keep the bottom bracket mandatory cable loops to keep your suspension from binding is difficult to maintain with no clamps for the cables. I have had a few different frames that addressed those issues well. Plus with a clamp, the entry/exit holes are bigger so internally routing cables is much easier.

As for the frame, the geo needs to be a little slacker.

One of my main improvements would be to the shock on the Primer. On the RS Monarch, you blow through the first half of the travel easily, it then it hits a wall and ramps up way too much. I'm only using around 35% of my travel and I'm an aggressive rider. It seems to be a common issue from many other Primer owners. The Prime is still rad but I think they tried to make it too XC-ish and in my opinion it is so not XC-ish at all. Definitely trail and light enduro-ish bike. The Sniper is for XC.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane View Post

One of my main improvements would be to the shock on the Primer. On the RS Monarch, you blow through the first half of the travel easily, it then it hits a wall and ramps up way too much. I'm only using around 35% of my travel and I'm an aggressive rider. It seems to be a common issue from many other Primer owners.
    Neither the RS or Fox small inline shocks are that great.

The Prime is still rad but I think they tried to make it too XC-ish and in my opinion it is so not XC-ish at all. Definitely trail and light enduro-ish bike. The Sniper is for XC.
    The Primer is 3 years old. The Sniper is just over a year old.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kan3 View Post
    Neither the RS or Fox small inline shocks are that great.

The Primer is 3 years old. The Sniper is just over a year old.
    Inline shocks are pretty good. I have had several inline RS and Fox shocks that never had this much ramp up and were much better at utilizing the travel. It is the Monarch Debonair that much more of the issue. For it to feel decent, I have to run 40% sag which is not good because you are not using the majority of your travel and the most important mid-travel. Plus, the BB gets lowered too much. Most likely to get the most out of it I have to get a different inline. I could put a coil or double barrel on it to get it more linear, but I'm just not a fan of putting a coil or double barrel shock on 130mm of travel. lol.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I don't know ctd is pretty trash.