2018 Tracer frame- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2018 Tracer frame

I am thinking of changing my current 2017 Specialized Enduro to a 2018 Tracer. Intense has them on sale and am not sure if it's worth the effort in changing. What are follow members thoughts on the Tracer

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by retrofred View Post
    I am thinking of changing my current 2017 Specialized Enduro to a 2018 Tracer. Intense has them on sale and am not sure if it's worth the effort in changing. What are follow members thoughts on the Tracer

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Never ridden a Spesh, but the geo seems very close on paper. Why change then? Does it suck? Also, the Tracer is awesome, but outdated, at this time. I'd either wait and see what Intense does when it launches the enduro bike redesigns, which will hopefully be in late 2020 or look at other brands... The Nukeproof Mega is epic. The new 2020 Norco Sight looks very promising... My thoughts, since you asked.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I appreciate the feed back. The specialized feels a little short and tracer is longer on paper. Also getting to the point that I'm limited on rear shock cause of the stupid link, but it's more about the longer feel of the tracer. Intense has the tracer on sell and I'm okay with it being a bit outdated.

Sent from my SM-T837T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by retrofred View Post
    I appreciate the feed back. The specialized feels a little short and tracer is longer on paper. Also getting to the point that I'm limited on rear shock cause of the stupid link, but it's more about the longer feel of the tracer. Intense has the tracer on sell and I'm okay with it being a bit outdated.

Sent from my SM-T837T using Tapatalk
    Okay makes sense. Well if you're okay with it being a bit outdated, it is a great bike, especially if you can afford the 2019 Pro Build! That's a good value. If Intense doesn't have any in your size, check JensonUSA. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Windband View Post
    I'd either wait and see what Intense does when it launches the enduro bike redesigns, which will hopefully be in late 2020 or look at other brands...
    Four years on the same generation seems a bit too long. I bet there will be an announce on the coming months.

The current gen is not a bad buy anyway, especially at outlet prices (the only time when an Intense frame is worth buying IMO). What shock are you planning to use? You're not limited like on the Enduro but you're still limited to old imperial sizes shocks, so no Super Deluxe air or coil.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by meeerkat View Post
    Four years on the same generation seems a bit too long. I bet there will be an announce on the coming months.

The current gen is not a bad buy anyway, especially at outlet prices (the only time when an Intense frame is worth buying IMO). What shock are you planning to use? You're not limited like on the Enduro but you're still limited to old imperial sizes shocks, so no Super Deluxe air or coil.
    It's a really great bike, but I agree, four years is too long. It's pretty far outdated. I mean Intense made them even more outdated when they released their new trail bikes. They are all longer and slacker than the Tracer, which is in the Enduro category. LOL. They have been redesigning the Enduro bikes though. I think they should launch later in 2020, hopefully.