Wow- Mtbr.com

Thread: Wow

TERVOR THE GREAT

Wow

Click Here to be amazed.

Sickest riding I've ever seen.
    Last edited by DelTaco; 12-21-2006 at 02:46 PM.
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Hoops - Big and Small
    That bike has 15.7" chainstays and a pretty short wheelbase, you ever ride a bike like that?

How's http://www.gravityware.com coming along?

I would rather not have to "log on" to read a few posts.

TERVOR THE GREAT
    I've ridden several bikes with chainstays about that length, and they're very nice to ride. They really manual nicely, and like to spin a whole hell of a lot more easily than my bike.

Gravityware is going nicely, but it'd be cool if some people actually posted occasionally. Like YOU! It only takes a few seconds to log on.

mtbr member
    Yeah, that is pretty awesome video. I LOVE the backflip to wheel-stand! I really enjoy the urban stuff too.

Gravityware.com is coming along ok. As with any public site, it's up to the posting members to carry it. The "topic teaser" for guests was an experiment to encourage folks to register. It's only being used on 4 of 11 categories. Unfortunately, it has not brought the results I was hoping for. I'm sure you'll see it go away before too long. Though people are crazy for not registering and getting a chance to win a free copy of ROAM! I mean, how easy... c'mon! There is still the untapped crowd of local ski & snowboard enthusiasts that need a place to hang. Anyway, thanks for asking!

just a man

This Is Not Extreme

But fun. You riding your snowtrack Tervor?

Just started snowing, nice and tacky
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bombin4X; 12-21-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Back2Kill
    Gravityware.com is coming along ok. As with any public site, it's up to the posting members to carry it. The "topic teaser" for guests was an experiment to encourage folks to register. It's only being used on 4 of 11 categories. Unfortunately, it has not brought the results I was hoping for. I'm sure you'll see it go away before too long. Though people are crazy for not registering and getting a chance to win a free copy of ROAM! I mean, how easy... c'mon! There is still the untapped crowd of local ski & snowboard enthusiasts that need a place to hang. Anyway, thanks for asking!
    Doug ---

Please don't take any offense to this...look at my comments as constructive criticism....

Why reinvent the wheel? MTBR has worked well for many years for many people for many different regions. While I usually hang out in the Idaho, Montana, Wyoming forum, I do like to look at other boards such as Northern California and Arizona as well as General Discussion, Passion, SS, etc.

With regards to skiing and boarding...are you talking about lift served stuff or like true backcountry stuff cuz I know some boards like CascadeClimbers.com and SummitPost.org will have regional BC topics come up.

mtbr member
    [hijack on] certainly no offense taken Nick. What kind of webmaster would I be if I can't take a little critisism? I am not trying to reinvent any wheels. Just give mtbr some local competition! If you want to read ads, by jerseys, and get lost in the crowd, mtbr will always be there.

Gravityware.com offers seperate categories & topics relative to our local needs. The photo gallery and classifieds are 100x's easier to use and where else are you gonna post all your fun off-topic stuff? In my experience, most folks that ride mountain bikes also enjoy some sort of snowsport. That's why you see ski/snowboard dvd's on sale at George's. That's also why I have decided to include these sports on my site. I believe gravityware.com is only filling an existing need that many here have overlooked because they are dulled by mtbr's lameness. With that being said, I will continue to visit and support mtbr as long as I'm still welcome.Thanks, Doug [/hijack off]

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    But fun. You riding your snowtrack Tervor?

Just started snowing, nice and tacky
    Oh hell yes I have been... Rode about 100 laps today actually. I found it to handle better than ever with about 2 inches of snow on it. It hooks up nice!

So how are you liking the bike? I have a friend who just bought a Iron Horse Yakuza Chimpara (say that in one breath), but we haven't even assembled it yet.

You should come and check out my monster track! It's essentially done. I put in some kinda crappy rollers on one side, but now they're frozen, so they have to do for winter.
    Last edited by DelTaco; 12-21-2006 at 11:05 PM.

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Also, I think gravityware is a much better website for my desires from a website. I'm not going to dsay that it's better for any of you, but for myself, I find it to be awesome!

For one thing, totally sweet photo hosting. The mtbr photo hosting is more of a pain in the ass than when jared landed the 35 foot road gap with his ass on his top tube.

Secondly, less frivilous rules set up to control the masses of idiots. It obviously will never be a huge site, so stupid rules are not neccesary. Basically you're fine if you use common sense, courtesy, and are not a douche.

Third, snow sports kick lots of ass. More ass than xc riding, and can often even reach ass kicking magnitude almost equal to that of Freeriding.

Fourth, It's not mtbr. Not even a little bit mtbr. Honestly, I never really did like mtbr all that much, but it's better than pinkbike by a longshot, and I you guys did make some funny comments about my blackened testicle. Proof that you're not ALL bad...

And finally, I shouldn't even have to point this out, but FREE ROAM!!!

Actually there are a whole hell of a lot more legitemate reasons to check it out, join, and sell your soul to gravityware, but I'm too bored of typing this to think of them and tell you about them.

I think I'll go play my Wii now.

Trevor

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by DelTaco
    So how are you liking the bike? I have a friend who just bought a Iron Horse Yakuza Chimpara (say that in one breath), but we haven't even assembled it yet.

You should come and check out my monster track! It's essentially done. I put in some kinda crappy rollers on one side, but now they're frozen, so they have to do for winter.
    The Yakuza is pretty cool, a lot of bang for the buck. I've got it setup for trail riding with lighter tires, wider bars, and all it needs now is a good (and lighter) fork. 98 has a RS Revelation for sale and if I could scrape up the shekels would throw it on there.

I would like to come check it out and bring you your shovel. I just had a kidney stone operation on Tuesday and am guessing by all the blood I pee'd out after riding I should take it easy right now...yikes I was planning on a snowride tomorrow morning too

TERVOR THE GREAT
    ewww, peeing out blood.

Almost as gross as a blackened testicle. haha

And it turns out riding the track with 3 inches of snow can be dangerous. Who would have guessed? I banged my knee on my stem so hard I couldn't walk like at all for hours, and both of my little brothers went down really hard. Videos soon.

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by DelTaco
    ewww, peeing out blood.

Almost as gross as a blackened testicle. haha

And it turns out riding the track with 3 inches of snow can be dangerous. Who would have guessed? I banged my knee on my stem so hard I couldn't walk like at all for hours, and both of my little brothers went down really hard. Videos soon.
    Yeah, no quick turns/movement on the icy stuff. My track is mudcity now, just like the rest of Boise..

Members who have read this thread: 0