This would NOT BE FUN to see on Five Mile!!- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

Bonking ... not feelin' well This would NOT BE FUN to see on Five Mile!!

http://www.idahostatesman.com/235/story/83184.html

Ada County Sheriff’s deputies are conducting a homicide investigation after a body was found this morning at a campsite in the Boise Foothills.

A hiker found the body off Five Mile Gulch Trail -- a rugged, rocky trail at the top of Rocky Canyon Road, a dirt road north of Downtown Boise.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

mtbr member
    that sucks. and yeah, speaking from my own experience.. it is not cool to find a dead person when you're out hiking/biking.

in the mid-90s, i find a guy that blew his head off with a shotgun. he was just off the trail (trail system in South Carolina).

wonder if the campsite area where they found the guy is at the top or bottom of 5-mile. prolly the bottom if a hiker found him.

nowadays...i just come across people "doin' it" in the woods, etc. like the people i saw up around cheaters last summer. scarred for life. nuts and guts is all i saw.

a friend of mine said he saw some people gettin' it on around military reserve. he was on the trail that sorta follows mtn. cove road. kinda near the intersection of the road that leads up to the shooting range. just after the "tree" section...said they were rolling around on the grounded gettin' nasty. well, not that nasty...but they were definitely swappin' some spit.

but, yeah...finding dead people is not cool. and this sounds like a homicide.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    wonder if the campsite area where they found the guy is at the top or bottom of 5-mile. prolly the bottom if a hiker found him.
    Yeah I'm thinking somewhere near the bottom as well. If I was hiking up Five Mile, I don't think I'd want to go past the intersection with Orchard.

Doc Jay and I rode Orchard -> Five Mile a couple of weeks ago. Near the bottom we saw a couple of hikers and their dogs and when we popped out we saw two white trash dudes that looked like they were getting ready to go in and smoke a lil' wacky tobaccy.

a friend of mine said he saw some people gettin' it on around military reserve. he was on the trail that sorta follows mtn. cove road. kinda near the intersection of the road that leads up to the shooting range. just after the "tree" section...said they were rolling around on the grounded gettin' nasty. well, not that nasty...but they definitely swappin' spit.
    Never did roll upon people in the act, but last year near the MX parking lot on 8th, we did see a young couple come down from the hillside (the gate was still closed) and they gave us some lame excuse that they had a picnic, but they didn't have a picnic basket with 'em and they definately looked suprised at our large group of hikers that I had put together.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Schneikee. I rode that last night. I saw two folding butterfly chairs at the campsite about 1/4 mile up from the trailhead but there was nobody in sight and no car parked at there. The sheep had been there recently though so maybe it was them.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Hi!!!
    Dirk...the Statesman site just updated a smidge and included this....

Detectives are asking anybody who has used Five Mile Gulch Trail in the past three days to call Ada County Dispatch at 377-6790 if they saw anything suspicious.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Dirk...the Statesman site just updated a smidge and included this....
    Dirk don't go to the Man. (Actually the detective is a woman and I already did.)

Look out!

Did we get a surprise today!

When my wife and I rode from the north end, up to corrals,up Scotts, 8th St, trail 4 crossover and down 5 mile. It was an awesome ride up to the yellow tape at the bottom of 5. The CSI people were taking pictures we walked around the edge of the tape and they asked us where we had come in from. So we told them and they were cool about it, even lifted the tape so we could ride out onto the road. Kind of creepy though, my wife did 3 Bears yesterday by herself. I wonder if I should have her pack a gun in her camel back? Boise seems to be getting the big city crime now.
    Ride the bike.

dirt enthusiast
    damn!! i'm always afraid that george is going to find something like this! been lucky so far (knock on wood!) he's just found misc deer parts, dead fish, frogs, a cats head and a gopher. i've lost track of everything else. i hope i never get to add "dead body" to that list! that kid has got one helluva beak!
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

mtbr member
    May 2004

True but

Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    this sounds like a homicide.
    Probably drug-related, such a high % of the crime here is.
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 05-10-2007 at 08:11 PM.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    There was blood and body parts everywhere. The body was lying face down next to the firepit. Then he looked up at me and he said...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    There was blood and body parts everywhere. The body was lying face down next to the firepit. Then he looked up at me and he said...
    hey bo, can you hand me a natty light outta that cooler. so, i open up the cooler and...

Hi!!!
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/235/story/83774.html

Ada County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the community’s help to solve the murder of a 31-year-old Boise man.

Hikers found Shawn Thomas Halcom’s body Thursday morning at a campsite in the Boise Foothills.

Halcom died from blunt-force trauma to the head and stab wounds that appear to have been made with a knife, Ada County Sheriff Gary Raney said at a press conference this afternoon.

Investigators are waiting for an autopsy report from the Ada County coroner, expected later today.

Halcom was last known to be staying at Boise Rescue Mission’s River of Life shelter on 13th Street, Raney said.

Hi!!!
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/235/story/84209.html

Ada County Sheriff Gary Raney said in a news conference this morning that it appears the murder of 31-year-old Shawn Thomas Halcom earlier this month at a Foothills campground was premeditated.

Jennifer Mercado, 22, and Diana Lynn Fledderjohann, 33, were arrested early this morning and charged with first degree murder in connection with the death of Halcom, who was found beaten to death May 10.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    You mean these two?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    You mean these two?
    yay! cheerleaders

Members who have read this thread: 0