Wood removal from Snowy Range trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Wood removal from Snowy Range trails

I've been on Rock Creek Trail, North Fork Laramie Trail, and Corner Mountain recently and they all could use a little help. Anyone out there interested in helping me? I could procure a chainsaw and z-drag.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I'd be more that willing to help, but I'm probably not gonna have time until after the Enduro. I had thought about a possible quick ride on Sunday up the north fork- is it melted out clear up? how much wood are we talking, rideable, or too much hassle?

mtbr member
    the north fork- is it melted out clear up?
    Ha! Good one! The trail is dry up to about 10,000, when it starts leveling off a bit. You're transitioning to the subalpine and then there is a ton of snow. If you want to connect it to other trails you will want to wait until after the enduro anyways. Right now it's an out n back. I enjoyed it, but it was nice to be doing something different.

Corner mountain is in the best shape, the wood was a minor annoyance. Many logs you cold slow down and ride over.

North Fork was annoying, I would say there were about 6 log portages.

Rock Creek was miserable, the logs combined with the manky rock sections = a lot of walking.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stpcrkr
    Ha! Good one! The trail is dry up to about 10,000, when it starts leveling off a bit. You're transitioning to the subalpine and then there is a ton of snow. If you want to connect it to other trails you will want to wait until after the enduro anyways. Right now it's an out n back. I enjoyed it, but it was nice to be doing something different.

Corner mountain is in the best shape, the wood was a minor annoyance. Many logs you cold slow down and ride over.

North Fork was annoying, I would say there were about 6 log portages.

Rock Creek was miserable, the logs combined with the manky rock sections = a lot of walking.
    Snowy Range conditions. I'll interpret the above as:

Corner Mountain: dry
    Little Laramie: dry (probably)
    Rock Creek: dry?
    North Fork: 2/3? dry

Can anyone fill in these, or at least guess:

Barber Lake/Green Rock: Probably mostly dry?
    Sheep Mountain:
    Tie Hack:
    Sheep Lake: Snow
    French Creek: Snow
    Bear Lake Rd.: Wet/Snow
    Quealy Lk. Loop: Wet/Snow
    Add others here...

Anyone riding in the snowy's today (Saturday)? I was thinking about doing Sheep Mountain.

mtbr member

North Fork cleared today!

North Fork Trail was cleared of trees today. There's a little mud at the beginning in the trees, and the usual wet spot is not too bad 1/3 of the way down past the bridges and into the trees. Call it good to go all the way through the Little Laramie System (River Loop).

go get some!

Last edited by dauwalt; 07-20-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0