wind...- Mtbr.com

Thread: wind...

mtbr member

wind...

I was out for a ride in the MR tonight, and was almost blown away by some of the gusts of wind. I could not even imagine what it was like the past few days.
    I had a nice ride, made it up shanes loop counter clockwise, and decided to try three bears to the right. I made it up just under one mile, then turned back. I may have been able to keep going, but I had just ran out of water, and realized that I had no idea where I would end up if I continued further. Now that I am home, and can look at my R2R map, I see that I could have made it. Maybe next time- I will also start filling the camel back up a little further, and shoving that poor map in the pack so I know where I am, and how to get home.

Hope everyone had a good night, Jarrod

Hi!!!
    Saw your rig in the parking lot earlier tonight.

I did a shakedown ride of the just-like-new Yeti (thank you Custom Cycles!!!!).

Yeah it was windy today, but not nearly as bad as it was yesterday. Did you get caught out in it in Nampa? Looks like visibilty was crap. I didn't start driving back to the 2C until later in the evening. The wind was that bad when I got home.

Had a great time dorking around Military Reserve. The bike was riding NIIIIICE!!!! OMFG. So damn quiet and smooth. *drools*

Ran into some of the usual suspects....Gary & Sara Jo....Eric....Jerry. Didn't see garnetspur .

What time did you start riding? I'm suprised I didn't run into you.

Hope to see you tomorrow out at Rock Island.
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 03-29-2007 at 10:19 PM.

mtbr member
    I got stuck in some traffic on 84, near eagle, there was a water truck that hit the center divide, so they had to close down the left lane. Then I had to deal with the stupid people that cant read a sign. I ended up leaving the car around 6:10-6:15. I wish I lived closer, or worked closer to the foothills.
    I am planning on going to rock island tomorrow, but have no idea where to park, or witch direction to ride. What time do you plan on riding?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Did see garnetspur .

What time did you start riding? I'm suprised I didn't run into you.

didn't get on dirt until 6:30ish.

slow moving after work. there were a lot of people out though; and the wind added some resistance for sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Nick, good to see you tonight.

Tomorrow, I'll likely be riding toward RI around 6:00 or so (6:30 buy the time I get from my house to the top of the hill). Hope to see you there.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod7219
    I wish I lived closer, or worked closer to the foothills.
    I guess I'm "fortunate" enough to work downtown, but that damn commute each day sucks ass. I rarely will come into Boise on the weekends unless I can somehow tie it in with other things.

I am planning on going to rock island tomorrow, but have no idea where to park, or witch direction to ride. What time do you plan on riding?
    I think I originally said I was gonna try to be AT Rock Island sometime betwixt 6/6:30. I could be early, I could be late...just all depends on what time I'm leaving the office and as of right now....I have no clue when that will be.

You can either park at the Bishop's House or at Warm Springs Golf Course,

You can head up a couple of ways.....

Go up the main Table Rock trail. Start out at the Bishop's House parking lot and head up one of the trails that climbs out of it. There is the Old Pen trail which is I think the shortest and grunty. There is another trail that starts out going left of the main trail and cruises above it and then hooks up with it after a while.

Or you can head over to the Castle Rock trails first to get in some mileage. It heads west of the parking lot and Quarry View Park and works it's way up and then you just work your way over to the main Table Rock trail.

After you climb a short, steep pitch on the main trail, the trail veers left and you start a gradual climb. You'll see a trail that takes off to the right (and I THINK it follows power lines). Just follow that a bit and eventually you'll run into a trail marker that points you in the direction of Rock Island.

Or.....

If you are coming in on the north side of the Greenbelt, once you
    hit the Warm Springs Golf Course...right across from the parking lot
    is the Tram Trail. Just grunt up that and you'll eventually run into
    the Rock Island/Rock Garden trails.

My cell is xxx-xxxx if you are still having issues with finding the place. Feel free to give me a holler.

Nick
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 03-30-2007 at 07:08 AM.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Mmmm. I recommend that everyone not post your phone # in a forum. It is a good way to rack up a nice phone bill if the wrong person (and no one is like that on the Internet) got a hold of it. (FYI - people write programs that search Internet sites for emails, and personal info.)

Just a suggestion.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Hoops - Big and Small

Internet is Freaky

Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    FYI - people write programs that search Internet sites for emails, and personal info.
    Somebody please call me at 1 900 IMSOHOT, only 3.95 a min.

O.K. that's not my real number but I'm still desperate for attention, anybody see my rack?

Baa Baaa

Rocks Rock

Spoiled again

Sorry Nick I'm baggin tonight. Honey dos and boy toy duties.
    Am I being kind?

just a man
    Rode up Table Rock to TR Quarry and down Tram this morning w/Justin. It was beautiful out there! I think I'll plan on riding those patches of dirt a lot more often going forward. The rocks and features are a nice change of pace.

Have fun tonight folks, and take some pics Nick.

banned
    Mar 2007
    Come on out for a 2nd sess!