Wilson Creek - would we ever be able to build?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Wilson Creek - would we ever be able to build?

Just a straight up question - would the current/future plans for the area include allowance for us to build (any more trails?).

I know there's a lot of factors to take into consideration. Is/would it be a realistic thing?

I was just chatting with a few folks about how sweet a few miles extension of Bingo would be - coming down from the mountain. Has anybody hiked up there?

Spoke with Ryan today, the recreational planner at BLM; nice guy. He's sending me the completed EA. I'm this isn't news to some but I was told it will become non-motorized and a few new trails added. The bathrooms will be located in the parking lot further up Wilson Creek Road from the lot across from the feedlot; I've never parked further up there, not sure how much further up it is from the feedlot parking area. Anyhoo

I asked about the area around and in the mountains above what we call Bingo but he wasn't sure - I'm going to try to locate it on the EA. It would be good if that area turns out NOT to be wildlands management of any kind if we could propose an extension to Bingo such as a switchbacked trail going down the mountain. How would that NOT be a good thing folks?

It sounds like the trail going upstream from Reynolds canyon is going to be closed for riparian wildlands protection.

BTW: you don't have to be involved all the time to get involved when u want to!
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 04-09-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Dude, an extension of today's ride would be amazing.

That singletrack was premium stuff at mach 2.
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Members who have read this thread: 0