Wilson Creek trails non-motorized- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Wilson Creek trails non-motorized

From what I gather the BLM is going to implement alternative 4 at Wilson.I`ve been told that work on the parking area and the placement of new non-motorized trail markers will be happening soon.Sounds like great news. Lets see if they can get it right this time. How about we celebrate and have a 2nd annual Brandy Camp ?

Rocks Rock
    I dont wanna miss this one.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Great news Jack!

Don't feel comfortable with Owyhee County choosing the motorized trails in the Wilson Creek area though. Wish BLM would have a little more spine.......

Hoops - Big and Small

OhWeeHee Ride

Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN
    How about we celebrate and have a 2nd annual Brandy Camp ?
    I'll be riding the trails saturday - which parking lot? I'll probably be under the power lines.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

How to put a perma-grin on an Irishman's face?

Jack you sure know how to make an Irishman happy. This kind of news and St Patty’s day in the same week! Makes me want to bug out of work, hit Bingo’s trail and enjoy a couple of pints of Guinness in the sun. Maybe even a shot of Tullamore Dew at the top of the first climb just to see if I could keep it down like a good Irishman and do a little brown and serve in the shorts.

Hmmm Brandi camp? How can we have Brandi camp without the sign. A sign -that almost sounds religious. If someone can find a Brandi sign maybe we can resurrect the fiasco. Still in home fix and sell hell so won’t be able to sneak out for a couple of weeks.

And Mark, I could agree more. Wilson Creek going non-motorized is a perfect example of how working with the Federal Land Managers can be done right. Between this positive outcome and what is happening up at Stack Rock, I don’t know why anyone would want to go and work with the Owyhee County Commissioners and legitimize a process that isn’t need and potentially could derail a process that is working in mountain biker’s favor.

What a great day!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0