Who wants a good Boise/Bogus Shuttle????- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Who wants a good Boise/Bogus Shuttle????

I think I'm going to buy a 12 to 15 passenger van and provide a shuttle up to Bogus from Boise...plus some other destinations.

I'd appreciate a bit of info to see if it'd at least be a break even idea...

If you're interested, please take a minute to reply to these questions:

1) How often would you be interested in paying for a shuttle to Bogus?

2) On average, how many riders would you expect in your group?

3) How much would you be willing to pay for the shuttle to Bogus?

4) Other than Bogus, where else would you be interested in paying for a shuttle to get to?

Thanks!
    I've not been killed, only wounded...I'll just lie here a while and bleed, then rise again to fight another day.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Besides the shuttleboi link that someone posted in your other thread, there is Pedal Idaho. Looks like they are under new ownership, but will be operating again this year. I think if there was to be a new shuttle in town, they should probably pick people up somewhere in town, but also have a stop on the way up the mountain. The ride back to town is a little too big for lots of folks.

https://www.facebook.com/pedalidaho/...2567773781547/
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

This place needs an enema
    I wouldn't pay for a shuttle. Wouldn't take one for free, either.

I ride with groups from 1 to 5, rarely larger.

I think more people should climb more often. Not saying shuttles are wrong, or that they shouldn't exist. But I think they get (ab)used too often.

mtbr member
    people only shuttle to bogus or trail 4, usually same people that frequently ride and climb as well, I don't think we have a shuttle "abuse" issue in Boise. But I might be wrong... just not what I experienced or see happening

All fat, all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    I wouldn't pay for a shuttle. Wouldn't take one for free, either.

I ride with groups from 1 to 5, rarely larger.

I think more people should climb more often. Not saying shuttles are wrong, or that they shouldn't exist. But I think they get (ab)used too often.
    You've never taken the shuttle up to the top of the whole enchilada? Ride from town?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    You've never taken the shuttle up to the top of the whole enchilada? Ride from town?

Shuttled it twice now, in 25 years of living nearby. Was with out-of-town friends that may or may not have been able to make it unassisted.

Have ridden to the top ~8 or 9 times.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    Shuttled it twice now, in 25 years of living nearby. Was with out-of-town friends that may or may not have been able to make it unassisted.

Have ridden to the top ~8 or 9 times.
    99.999999999% of people shuttle TWE ride and 99.99999999% of people will shuttle The Palisade Plunge when it gets completed. Same goes for the Downieville Classic rides. I've only DRIVEN up to Bogus once from Boise. No way is H*LL would I ride up there to the top, not even on a road bike.

To the OP, I don't know enough about the riding at Bogus (or the ride back to town....didn't even know it was possible) but it sounds like a decent idea at least.
    2019 Ibis Ripmo
    2019 Yeti SB5 (Sold)
    2018 Intense Tracer (Sold to son)
    2017 Intense Primer

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    99.999999999% of people shuttle TWE ride and 99.99999999% of people will shuttle The Palisade Plunge when it gets completed. Same goes for the Downieville Classic rides. I've only DRIVEN up to Bogus once from Boise. No way is H*LL would I ride up there to the top, not even on a road bike.

To the OP, I don't know enough about the riding at Bogus (or the ride back to town....didn't even know it was possible) but it sounds like a decent idea at least.
    there are trails going down on both sides of the road

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    there are trails going down on both sides of the road
    Cool, good to know for future visits. My son went to Boise State so I was up every year for a football game and a weekend of hanging out but never got on a bike up there. he was in ROTC and once he fulfills his Army commitment next May, he's moving back to somewhere between Boise and Fruitland (hopefully closer to Boise) so I should be up more often and can hopefully start riding up there some.
    2019 Ibis Ripmo
    2019 Yeti SB5 (Sold)
    2018 Intense Tracer (Sold to son)
    2017 Intense Primer

Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    99.999999999% of people shuttle TWE ride and 99.99999999% of people will shuttle The Palisade Plunge when it gets completed.

Sadly, that seems to be the direction the sport is going. Or being taken?

All fat, all the time.
    It's not a bad thing to have the option.

When I rode long canyon (before wilderness), monarch Crest, whole enchilada, downieville, never once did I think to myself, boy, I want to get up at the buttcrack of dawn so I can pedal an extra 3-4 hours and be worn out for the good stuff back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    It's not a bad thing to have the option.

When I rode long canyon (before wilderness), monarch Crest, whole enchilada, downieville, never once did I think to myself, boy, I want to get up at the buttcrack of dawn so I can pedal an extra 3-4 hours and be worn out for the good stuff back down.
    I've done most of those rides (don't know Long's) and many other "epics" and I can honestly say I don't enjoy them nearly as much when driven to the top. You miss out on understanding the place, seeing the little nuances that make it special, having a long conversation with an old/good/new friend while climbing. Learning, in a nutshell. Descending is fun and all that, but it's not everything. It's not even half of the whole.

And yes, I realize that ^ that perspective is about as popular as a library card these days.

I'll stop mucking up this thread now.

mtbr member
    For a different perspective, I mostly ride up to Boise from the Northend instead of shuttling when I'm in the mood for an epic day (easier now with burgers at the lodge). I normally go up 8th to Ridge or Hard Guy to Ridge then do a couple of loops at Bogus (descending back into town either via SSC or Dry Creek). I do this mostly because getting shuttled up makes me car sick (plus, the whole loop makes for an epic 40+ mile day and close to 10k vert if you climb to the top). I've also done a reverse shuttle where I start at Bogus (shuttling people up), do the trails up there, descend via Dry Creek or SSC then ride up Bogus to pick up my truck.

Rocks Rock
    Last year I did several shuttle rides from Bogus to my house. One ride I got 5800 ft of climbing and it was over 41 miles. There's a lot of loops to ride up there before you head back down. Just because you shuttle don't mean it's all down hill on the way back. I don't care if I never ride up Hard Guy ever again. At 63 I'm done with that. Gonna leave that for young bucks like Gary.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho View Post
    For a different perspective, I mostly ride up to Boise from the Northend instead of shuttling when I'm in the mood for an epic day (easier now with burgers at the lodge). I normally go up 8th to Ridge or Hard Guy to Ridge then do a couple of loops at Bogus (descending back into town either via SSC or Dry Creek). I do this mostly because getting shuttled up makes me car sick (plus, the whole loop makes for an epic 40+ mile day and close to 10k vert if you climb to the top). I've also done a reverse shuttle where I start at Bogus (shuttling people up), do the trails up there, descend via Dry Creek or SSC then ride up Bogus to pick up my truck.
    Am I being kind?