Who rides Rock Island in Boise?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Who rides Rock Island in Boise?

Just out of curiosity, who rides Rock Island in Boise? My house is literally 1 mile away from it so I hit Table Rock Loop, Rock Garden, and Rock Island frequently. There are also a lot of little deer trails and other man-made trails that aren't marked up there. They all make for a nice little afternoon before dinner and even after of riding (although with the heat nowadays, they make for a better morning ride). Anyways, I have been seeing less and less bikers take that trail; it's so fun!! I never knew about it til I looked over my shoulder coming up Rock Garden at the sign to the entrance.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    It is a fun trail. How often do you ride it?
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    3-4 times a week because it's so accessible to me. I have 29er hardtail so some of the rocks are quite the challenge. Near the end which connects to Rock Garden and then the continuation of Rock Island, I have smashed my rear der and left brake on a particularly stubborn rock many time.

just a man
    I need to ride it more often, perhaps once a week at least. I've ridden it about 5 times.

Rocks Rock

My favorite ride in Boise

I have a loop I do riding up from the golf course to the top of TR, around the top and catch Rock Island on the way down. I'm often looking for someone to ride with so I'd be glad to ride with you some day. I just need to get out of this typhoon and get home.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Do you park at the golf course and head up Rock Island? That's a steep and tricky climb...or parts of it. If you ever see someone with a GF Cobia, that's me. I like to stop off of Rock Island along the Rock Garden trail, catch a breath and look out over the valley.

Rocks Rock
    I ride from my house in Columbia Village. It makes a good two hour after work ride. Well with rest stops in the heat closer to two and a half hours. I have a black Yeti 575. I'm old and a little fat.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Well if you see my with a blue GF Cobia, 21'' frame (I'm like 6' 4'') that'd be me. I went up today, the heat was outrageous.

Rocks Rock
    I'll be in Japan for one more week. I'll look for you when I get back. Or shoot out a post for a group ride.
    Am I being kind?

Members who have read this thread: 0