White Pine Area??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

New question here. White Pine Area??

So what can people tell me about White Pine Resort (WY) and the surrounding area? The only info I found on here was several years old. Some racer friends are trying to convince my wife and I to tag along next weekend when they have some racing going on there for the 4th. Super D and DH. They have secret hopes of getting # plates on our bikes, not likely though

Is the resort big enough that if the DH and super D courses are closed we will have other fun stuff to ride? Is there a good mix of flow and technical riding? Any man made stunts and reasonable jump trails? Is it totally blown out and cut too steep for the bed surface, or is it buff and tacky? Are there other shuttle rides in the area or even just some fun technical trail rides? We don't mind climbing if the down is worth it.

Is there decent camping? Anything else we should know?

Thanks in advance.

Jan 2008

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    The race registration isn't what I'm looking for, but thanks anyways.

The lack of info and pictures is tending to make me want to just head down to Brianhead with other friends. I know that will be worth it, and about the same distance from SLC.

mtbr member
    I spoke with Lance Canfield today. He spoke highly of White Pine without me even having to bring it up. He said he goes almost every weekend.

Members who have read this thread: 0