Whistler trip-Anyone wanna go?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Whistler trip-Anyone wanna go?

We are planning a Whistler trip Sun Sept 14 thru Sat Sept 20. We plan on riding Whistler a few days and then the Shore. We might just hit up Silver Star and Whistler. It depends on what everyone wants to do.

Anyone wanna go? We have 1 or 2 spots left. We will be leaving Kalispell MT on Sun Sept 14 and can pick you up along the way or you can meet somewhere. If you are interested PM me.

jones'in
    kntr,
    Sent you a PM earlier. I may have your 2 extra spots filled, if you haven't filled them already and you're still going.

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

mtbr member
    Oh, Im going.

Anyone else wanna go?

Sept 14-Sept 20

I heart bikes!
    im definatly game to go!!

mtbr member
    SWEETCHIBA51 backed out so we still have one spot maybe two.

Anyone?

mtbr member
    We have room for one more. ANYONE?

jones'in
    This trip was the ****. Thanks kntr for putting it together and touring us Whistler noobs around the mountain. I'll have some helmet cam footage, ride commentary and pics to put up here in the next day or two.

For everyone who's even remotely interested in DH/FR and hasn't been to Whistler....you need to plan a trip next season. It's sick. Just being in the area, around tons of other like-minded people, all there to have a good time and ride was unforgettable. Oh...and the riding was good too.

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

mtbr member
    Im glad everyone had a great time. I have been told again and again how this was the best vacation ever. Out of all the Whistler trips Ive done over the years this was by far the best weather I have ever had..... no rain for a WEEK!!! Next year Whistler and Silver Star is in the works.

A couple trips next year.... one at the end of July and another the end of Aug.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    oh i'm waiting for that video and pics. Post them!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    I didnt get many pics but here are a few.

mtbr member
    Short video of the last jump on A-line

jones'in
    Woo hoo....thanks kntr. That first pic is pretty much the only pic of me airborne.

I'll spend some time this weekend to edit the helmet cam footage that I took and post a video up. I only got a few pics myself...I'll get those up this weekend too.

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

jones'in
    OK....so it took me longer than I said to put this thing together, but here's the video compilation finally. I only ran the helmet cam on one of our days up there.

<object width="500" height="282"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1882849&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" /> <embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1882849&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=0&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="500" height="282"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/1882849?pg=embed&amp;sec=1882849">Whistler - Sep 2008</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user679885?pg=embed&amp;sec=1882849">Ben</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com?pg=embed&amp;sec=1882849">Vimeo</a>.

Enjoy!!

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

mtbr member
    SWEEEEEEEET.

I cant wait for next year. Any Montana guys wanna go?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    funny how 30 seconds is just filming these girls. I started cracking up cause that head nod is the same things most guys do. Curious on who went, where from and how much experience or "goodness" level? You only hear about people going, but not the people going.

Great video otherwise.I watched every part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    You don't like a fork because it's popular? That's the most retarded reason I have ever heard of.

mtbr member
    There was 6 of us.

1 from Kalispell
    1 from Polson
    1 fom Helena
    2 from Bozeman
    1 from Billings

Everyone was about the same skill level by the second day. It was the best crew I have ever ridden with, honestly.

Next year the trip will include 2 days at Silver Star and 3-4 days at Whistler. Id like for everyone to try the Shore, but most people were not interested. Myself, I love the Shore and Im sure everyone else would too. I guess we will see what next years trip includes.

If it were all up to me.
    We would leave Montana on Fri.
    Ride Silver Star Sat and Sun.
    Ride Whistler Mon, Tues and Wed.
    Then Ride the Shore Thurs and Fri.
    Then come home on a Sat.

mtbr member
    Nice...
    We hope to make it up there sometime next summer...

mtbr member
    I'm the guy from Billings and "WOW, THIS WAS THE BEST VACATION EVER!"

And no, I'm not getting paid to say that. Honestly, if anyone who can make it to either Billings, Bozeman, Missoula, or Kalispell (where we are all from) wants to have the time of their life and feels confident riding some advanced DH and enthusiast freeride stuff, get ready for next year and post here. You'd be able to car-pool with one of us in "the crew" from Montana and we have good, clean fun in the form of riding non-stop for a week on the best trails in the world.

Kanter knows the Whistler area pretty well and will likely be the one to announce next year's dates. He is one of the cooler cats I've met at these online forums for sure and traveling with him is like having a tour guide! I'm excited to do some Shore riding next year, even if some of that stuff is beyond my current skill level (our group is pretty supportive).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr
    Ride Silver Star Sat and Sun.
    Ride Whistler Mon, Tues and Wed.
    Then Ride the Shore Thurs and Fri.
    Then come home on a Sat.
    Based on how this year's trip went, I'd say that this would be the perfect itinerary. Maybe next year we could have a mid-week break so I could snoop around Vancouver for a day? I wonder if they allow bikes on the commuter rail?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nice pics, great videos. It looks like you had a blast. Did you guys happen to drive through sandpoint or coeur d alene?

mtbr member
    I'm almost certain we went through Coeur d Alene.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsaget
    Nice pics, great videos. It looks like you had a blast. Did you guys happen to drive through sandpoint or coeur d alene?
    We did not go through Sand Point but we did go through Coeur D Alene.

In talking with a few guys, it sounds like we will be going again the last week in July 09.

mtbr member
    Ok, its 2009. Who is down for another Montana Whistler Trip? Last year 6 guys from all around the state carpooled and made it to Whister for some AWESOME riding in September. We lucked out with the weather and had great temps with NO rain. Ive been to Whistler 1-2 weeks a year for about 5 years and it was the best weather I have experienced. The crew was all cool and everyone was about the same ability. The plan this year is to ride 7-10 days.

Get a calender and let me know what you think.

Tentative plan:
    July 11-19

Drive to Silver Star in Vernon BC July 11.
    Ride Silver Star July 12.
    Drive to Whistler July 13, maybe ride extended play.
    Ride Whistler July 14, 15, 16.
    Drive to the North Shore July 17.
    Ride the NS July 17th and 18th.
    Drive home July 19th.

Is this too much? Not enough. Ill leave earlier or stay longer if anyone wants to. I live for mountain biking.

Anyone wanna go?

jones'in
    I'm organizing the crew from Bozeman. If you're interested, post here or send me a PM. We'll be following the same schedule posted by kntr above. Although, I might try to ride Silver Star a 2nd day (13th) and drive to Whistler that night. We'll see, though.....it'll make for a really long day at the beginning of a really long week.

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

mtbr member
    The only problem with driving to Whistler in the evening is the road is real slow and takes about 6-8 hours to get to Whistler. The road is dangerous and goes through a park. Silver Star is cheaper so maybe stay one more night and leave for Whister in the EARLY morning.

HotHB
    Apr 2007
    I spoke with Ben about this a bit. But I would love to go. I got it marked on my calendar already. the schedule looks good, but i'll go with the flow. i never been up there, so i just want to shred as much as possible.

mtbr member
    So far.
    Britt-Kalispell
    Brandon-Polson
    RJ-Whitefish
    Ben-Bozeman
    Brad-Billings

Who else?

This seems to be the plan.
    July 11-19

Drive to Silver Star in Vernon BC July 11.
    Ride Silver Star July 12.
    Drive to Whistler July 13 early. Ride extended play.
    Ride Whistler July 14, 15, 16. Resort and maybe a local trail.
    Drive to the North Shore July 17.
    Ride the NS July 17th and 18th.
    Drive home July 19th.

Silver Star can be ridden in one day. Whistler is still 6-8 hrs from Silver Star depending on traffic. Its sort of a winding road through a park. I hope this works for everyone. Ill need a head count and then we can make some reservations in the next month or two. We will need a NON-refundable deposit for the hotels. I would think it would between $250-350 for the entire week. We will probably need two rooms or a big condo. The deposit part sucks, but if people back out at the last minute everyone else is stuck with their part of the hotels.

Ill probably be going to Whistler again in late Aug with the wife if anyone wants to plan a girl/guy trip.
    Let me know.
    Last edited by kntr; 02-03-2009 at 09:09 AM.

jones'in
    So far.
    Britt-Kalispell
    Brandon-Polson
    RJ-Whitefish
    Ben-Bozeman
    Brad-Billings

Who else?
    Tim - Bozeman
    Mike - Bozeman
    Shane - Bozeman (still a strong maybe)
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

HotHB
    Apr 2007
    I'm in, thanks Ben. I don't frequent this board that often.

mtbr member
    So it looks like we will need two rooms. 4 guys to a room is about max with bikes and gear. Im going to call Silver Star in a few weeks. We will stay at Stoney Creek again in Whister. It has the best location for the price. It has a pool and hot tub, too!! More details soon...

mtbr member
    July 11-19

I have to get my vacation in. Are you guys good with these dates? Brad and I are going with or without you.

mtbr member
    But we certainly won't mind having a great crew with us!

No-one from Montana could possibly be disappointed in this trip, even with all the great trails we have here. You've seen the videos, now let's go ride the legends.

EDIT: welcome aboard Mikey!

HotHB
    Apr 2007
    Just to confirm, leaving on the 11th? I'm trying to pack everything i need to do for work the week before so I can take the whole week off for the trip.

I can't wait!

mtbr member
    Yes, leaving on the 11th. Brad and I might leave on the 10th to get one more day in at Silver Star.

mtbr member
    <cross-posted from ridemonkey>

The Whistler trip with Kanter, Venom, MikeyMT and the others (who I'm not sure if they are on this forum or not) was great. I finally got to ride the North Shore, and it is absolutely awesome... trail disneyland for gearheads.

I was so excited, I even rode a bunch of skinnies and logs many feet from the ground and didn't fall. What a great trip... AGAIN!

Anyone ridden lift-accessed in Big Sky yet? How are the trails this summer of 2009? That mountain was my first love and I'm hoping progress will eventually be made on the new stuff. If I go up there this year, I'm going to try and provide them some constructive critique after what I've seen in Canada!

jones'in
    Well......1 more BC trip in the bag and this one was the best yet. I missed the first day of riding at Silver Star, but met up w/ the guys at Whistler for 3 days of resort riding beat-down. Then, south for 2 days of riding the shore. 1 day on Mt Seymour and 1 day on Fromme. Amazing group of guys, out of this world riding and now I get to sit at a desk for 10 hours a day thinking about it.

I shot quite a bit of helmet cam footage. Hope to have the video up in the next week or so.

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

mtbr member
    I didnt get many pics but here are a few.
    pics from the SHORE

Teeter totter

Crazy rock roller

Skinny with a ton of body language.

Watch that front tire!!

mtbr member
    We had 10 guys last year.

Who is going on the 2010 Montana Whistler Trip! Everyone is invited. The plan is the last week in July. Let me know. We would like to get dates set in the next month or so.

jones'in
    We had 10 guys last year.

Who is going on the 2010 Montana Whistler Trip! Everyone is invited. The plan is the last week in July. Let me know. We would like to get dates set in the next month or so.
    You know you can count me in again. I'm pretty sure Mikey is down too, but I need to touch base w/ him to make sure. I bet Tim will meet us too......maybe we'll just pick him up on our way through.

We may need to book rooms in Whistler earlier this year if we're going to be there the week of Crankworx. Should be pretty crazy w/ that crowd all starting to show up while we're there.....
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I am intrigued by the idea but not down if its during crankworx time. I have been there before during that festival and do not wish to repeat it. I prefer whistler on the quiet days as apposed to huge lift lines and closed runs so the pros can get practice in.

mtbr member
    Crank Worx is Aug 7-15. Im not going during Crank Worx.

I was thinking we would go the 3rd or 4th week of July right before or maybe the week after??

jones'in
    Crank Worx is Aug 7-15. Im not going during Crank Worx.

I was thinking we would go the 3rd or 4th week of July right before or maybe the week after??
    Aha....you're right! I was looking at the wrong event (Crankwox - Colorado), whose dates are July 29 - Aug 1.

End of July will be perfect, then........
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

mtbr member
    Ill be going again in late Aug with the family and some other friends... wives and kids are all invited.

mtbr member
    Dates are July 23-Aug 1.
    Last edited by kntr; 01-19-2010 at 04:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Dates are set in stone and my reservations are made for my group!!

The dates in Whistler are July 23-28, so 6 nights. We will arrive at Whistler on the 23rd and check out the morning of July 29th. Then we will head to the Shore for 2 days of riding and leave for home on Sat, July 31. My group might also stay in Bellingham and ride Galbraith on Sat and then come home on Sun.

mtbr member
    Anyone else wanna go? We are trying to get a head count.

mtbr member
    Hello?

jones'in
    ECHOECHOecho........

I'm here (and going to BC ). I need to call and get the reservations setup for the Bozeman crew. Looks like 3 of us (at least). Any other Bozemanites wanna tag along?

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/

mtbr member
    Only 3 weeks!! Looks like almost 10 guys again on the trip this year. We still have openings if anyone wants to go. PM me or VENOM600.

mtbr member
    Whistler was awesome. This was the best pic of the trip IMO.

Brandon rocking the wall ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0