Where should we ride this Saturday?- Mtbr.com
    Rocks Rock

Where should we ride this Saturday?

Owyhees? Foothills? Rocky Canyon? Table Rock is out... to muddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    Owyhees? Foothills? Rocky Canyon? Table Rock is out... to muddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if we get a hard freeze Friday night then everywhere should be good early Saturday morning...

mtbr member
    okay then everywhere it is. Gary will be leading this ride!!!
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

mtbr member

Assuming a hard freeze tonight...

Or maybe it's more like "praying for a hard freeze tonight", RRB and I are hitting the trails early (before the big thaw). We'll swing by CB (tennis courts) at 830am to see if anyone wants to freeze their butts off with us...

mtbr member

brundage

i'll be riding lift service at brundage tomorrow.

actually, i would like to get on one of these owyhee rides one of these days.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Owyhees on Sunday. 98 and I are meeting at 9 AM Sunday to head to the Owyhees. I still need to call PILTDOWN too since he is interested too.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Just testin out my new avatar, yeah I like it, thanks Peter!

We gotta go over to 15th/Bannock on the way to meet with a few other riders too, can ya come over a bit earlier?

I got's good coffee!
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 12-15-2006 at 01:39 PM.
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

Queen of Crash
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Or maybe it's more like "praying for a hard freeze tonight", RRB and I are hitting the trails early (before the big thaw). We'll swing by CB (tennis courts) at 830am to see if anyone wants to freeze their butts off with us...
    Are you kids riding Sunday morning? Maybe it won't be frozen then.
    Good times. Noodle salad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetflowersister
    Are you kids riding Sunday morning? Maybe it won't be frozen then.
    Absolutely. We'll probably ride around 830 or 9am Sunday as well... The goal is to be finished by 11am or before our toes fall off... Want to SS?

Queen of Crash
    Absolutely. We'll probably ride around 830 or 9am Sunday as well... The goal is to be finished by 11am or before our toes fall off... Want to SS?
    I think I can get my a$$ out of bed before then. Shasta is out of commission right now; I'll have to ride Disco. SSing still hurts a little, so I might have to cut my ride short. No biggie though. Can't wait to see you guys!
    Good times. Noodle salad.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Pups

How's that pup doing? I gotta call my sister and see how Pete is doing after his surgery.
    This is Pete:
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 11-05-2007 at 07:30 PM.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    bikes suck
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Dirk is going skiing!

Rocks Rock

See ya at 8:30

I'll try to get the damn Texan (Dean) up early. Thanx for the responce.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member

Actually

Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    I'll try to get the damn Texan (Dean) up early. Thanx for the responce.
    I just got back from a little spin and the hills aren't that bad surprisingly... Let's make it 930am!

just a man

98 EP et al

So how was that ride in the 2O? Did you guys take some nice pics to share? Thanks for the message yesterday 98, I was absorbed with the Chargers game....

Rocks Rock

Thanx for the ride Gary

Everything that was in the shade or was sandy was gooooooooooooooood riding. We had to bail out and head for the green belt at Hays, it was to muddy.
    So Dean has been trying to get me to try out his new Gary Fisher HiFi. Well I got on it at the Warm Springs golf course and rode it home to Columbia Village. I quickly found out why I have such a hard time keeping up with Dean on the green and belt and road part of our rides. The bike prety much pedals it self on asphalt, the Yeti needs a motor (Dean's coment). We made it up on to the rim and Dean suprised me by pedaling the Yeti up the trail by the water tank. So this is where you find out who your friends are. I hoped off an 18" Rock in the green belt 40 yards from my house and the GF folded in half. I wish I would have taken a picture of it, but I had different things on my mind at the time. Not to mention the enema I just recieved from the water bottle that the hiper extended shock crushed. So I'm waiting for Dean to punch me or something and all he does is laugh and say "can you believe that sh*t?". We let the air out of the rear tire and removed the scewer so we could get it off. I am impressed with the Bontrager Race Lite Disk wheels, it went back to true after being severly tweaked. We loaded the bike in the gas rig and took it to World Cycle, they said they would take care of it and get it back to him ASAP.
    Last edited by impdude; 04-02-2007 at 09:56 AM.
    Am I being kind?

Hoops - Big and Small

Go Bolts!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    So how was that ride in the 2O? Did you guys take some nice pics to share? Thanks for the message yesterday 98, I was absorbed with the Chargers game....
    Jack aka piltdown schooled us on a epic - the area has so much to offer! We need more riders out their to work in the trails. Sorry no pics, China Wall area was looking very nice yesterday with the winter light entering the canyon. Saw the usual horses and even a big ole Jack Rabbit. Fun times!
    Last edited by Crash_Burn; 12-18-2006 at 01:54 PM.

just a man
    That's right, you're a former SD County Son! SO you went too? Sounds like you boys had a nice day. Did you ride the Maverick?

Hoops - Big and Small

Air Coryell - Fouts, Jefferson, Chandler, Joiner, Winslow

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Did you ride the Maverick?
    Maverick saw some trail time - I managed to scratch my TALAS stanchion on China Wall. I tipped over on a rocky techy section, luckly I did'nt fall into the deep ravine!
    Last edited by Crash_Burn; 12-18-2006 at 11:49 AM.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Great ride in the ol' 2O yesterday with PILTDOWN, 98 and Crush_barn. No photographic evidence due to a high fun quotient. Sun, little wind, dry trails, and PD supplied post-ride brews and pretzels. All in all, good stuff.

just a man

Pure

mtb stoke. i love it

Members who have read this thread: 0