where o where?!- Mtbr.com

Thread: where o where?!

gringo-fied facsimiles

where o where?!

I expected to see some of the die hards out there this fine mornin....all I saw was my friend the fox, and an unspoiled white winter playground. Just did a dork, barney, dog loop but was grinnin ear to ear as I slipped and slid down hulls, you guys missed out!!
    http://www.bradwaltonphoto.com
    "you slow whitted rectal beltch" -sp

just a man
    i'm a loser with a job, that's where i was

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Missed??? Muahahaha....

Rode last night AND this AM!!! The demons melted the snow. They were on FIRE!!! Fire I tell you. Heads spun 'round and growlin' the whole damn time.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

King of the Barneys
    headin out in about an hour. hope it stays cold, but its lookin kinda sloppy from my shop's window...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Hi!!!
    I ate lunch out at CB and man is everything melting. All we have downtown now is slush. Hopefully it isn't too sloppy for anyone out there today. Have fun tearing up those trails!!

gringo-fied facsimiles

Also...........

I have been trying a new(to me) way of keeping my feet warm and dry.....I went to rei and bought a pair of "storm socks", yep, thats the name....I have five rides on them and have had them in just about every poor weather condition thanks to todays snow. I am VERY impressed with how well they work. I helped a ladie today get her half paralized dog out of the hulls creek....it had fallen through the ice and she couldnt get it out of the water....anywho, I totaly submerged my feet in the water and to my suprize, stayed totaly dry and warm. One tip though, your feet will stay at the temp that you put them into the sock at......make sure your feet are warm and dry BEFORE putting them on or they dont work worth crap. just putting this out incase you suffer from cold feet and/or cant afford $200 winter boots.

just a man
    Hey good save and good tip - I might check them out. What shoes are you wearing? I have a feeling my 5-10 Impacts will be warmer than my AXO clip-ins and would consider these socks.

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    I ate lunch out at CB and man is everything melting. All we have downtown now is slush. Hopefully it isn't too sloppy for anyone out there today. Have fun tearing up those trails!!
    Nothing melting up there. It was awesome. Used the 2-legged bike, but covered some good distance, with Crestline, Tr 4, 8th St down, up Red Sands, out Crestline. Long loop, but great conditions. Saw only 1 set of bike tracks the whole time...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Sealskins??? They work good if they are the ones you are talkin' about.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

gringo-fied facsimiles

Storm socks

They are called Storm socks, I have read about seal skins but never tried them. I am wearing the specialized buzzsaw shoe, I like them tons......wish they didnt have spd spot in bottom of shoe, Ihave to glue it down every third ride, but that umma gumma sole sticks well to the king earl pedals.
    Is anybody heading out today?
    Attached Images Attached Images

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by surly_an_instigator
    Is anybody heading out today?
    Patrick, check your pm's for my # if u haven't already gone out. I would like to try to ride a little today if possible.

Members who have read this thread: 0