where is the flowiest, smoothest singletrack WY, MT, or ID- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. where is the flowiest, smoothest singletrack WY, MT, or ID

Hello,

I am looking for trails while on vacation visiting national parks etc. in:
    southern and eastern idaho (anything in and around twin falls, boise, idaho falls, ketchum, salmon)
    northwestern wyoming
    western montana (i will be going all the way up to glacier NP)

specifically trails that are smooth and flowy (not technical) take less than 1.5 hours to complete, are fairly easy to find and navigate, and the icing on the cake would be that they are mostly downhill and can be shuttled using a car (preferred), a ski lift to the top, or they dont have huge elevation gains. fyi, i am an expert level rider but i recently broke a few bones (dirt jumping) and the bones have healed but im trying to take it easy for a while and ride some sweet smooth cross country trails while on vacation cause all the jarring isnt fun. basically im trying to say i have plenty of skill to handle some small techy sections if needed but im trying to keep it real smooth for the most part.

thanks in advance from missouri
    slingerzz

p.s. i'll be on a 5 and 5 bike if that helps at all
    07 Mongoose Black Diamond Double
    custom Giant STP

blet drive
    try boise it is smooth and flowy
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

Rocks Rock

Boise Buffers

The trails around Boise are almost all smooth buff single track. Every trail that gets built here seems to be buffed out in a short period of time. If there is a rock that can be moved or routed around it will happen shortly. Every tree that falls gets cut completly out of the trail... can't even leave it near the trail so you can jog over and ride over it. Don't even get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Am I being kind?

Look out!
    You could do Fisher Creek/Williams Creek loop outside of Stanley. A true gem of a ride.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrid
    You could do Fisher Creek/Williams Creek loop outside of Stanley. A true gem of a ride.

yeah i was looking at those two they sound pretty awesome. Are there any websites that have maps posted or do you guys buy a guidebook or how do you find your way?

Thanks

also im really looking for some good trails to shuttle. are there any good places where you can drive to the top and ride smooth singletrack down?

does tamarack or any of the other ski resorts have non technical xc style downhill trails?
    07 Mongoose Black Diamond Double
    custom Giant STP

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

Strictly speaking

Quote Originally Posted by slingerzz
    yeah i was looking at those two they sound pretty awesome. Are there any websites that have maps posted or do you guys buy a guidebook or how do you find your way?
    Strictly speaking....I find my way by feel!!!

Everyone else just gets a guide, guidebook, or GPS data.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Rocks Rock

Ridges to Rivers Map

Thanks

also im really looking for some good trails to shuttle. are there any good places where you can drive to the top and ride smooth singletrack down?

does tamarack or any of the other ski resorts have non technical xc style downhill trails?
    If you get a Ridges to Rivers map you can pick out trails that hook up with 8th Street or Rocky Canyon Rd. There would be several shuttle posibilties.
    http://www.ridgetorivers.org/
    Am I being kind?

King of the Barneys

Thanks

Fisher/Williams is a single loop. It's pretty fun. It's easy to find, easy to stay on the right trail. And this time of year you can just join a group, or remember that once you get up to the mine, follow the sign down and then stay left.

But the climb up to the mine is a bit of a grind the last 2 miles, and the intervening climbs are enough to get your attenton, in case you're more of a shuttle-monkey type. But it flows well, fast and is a lot of fun.
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    I live by Glacier Park. Give me a PM when you are coming and Ill show you some trails.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Take your CX bike on Fisher/Williams and you shall know the meaning of flowiest smoothest.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0