where was everyone this evening- Mtbr.com
    Wandervans

where was everyone this evening

After hitting the winter weights the dog and I went for a night ride in the foothills. We did just a freeway to hulls gulch loop and did not see a soul. The trails were definatly rock hard and they rode really well. I did not ride the cliff section on hulls all the walking on it made it like an ice shoot, plus I doubt the dog could go get help if I crashed. The feet were a little chilled at the end, but we had a grand old time! I think I will go out again tommorrow night if the weather holds.
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

mtbr member

Double

Too bad we missed ya... Me and my dog (Lua) were out there three times... A run in the morning (up Hulls down Freeway), an ice ride (studded tire bike using the same loop) around noon, and then to test a new fork on the dualie around 5 pm (up and down Hulls). Gotta love retirement...
    As you said, trail conditions were awesome!

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

tonight 12-2 at 6pm

I'll be swinging by Camelsback park at 6pm for an hour or so on the trails.

...just to say I did it, k?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

We were out there

We had 9 in our group Wednesday night. We saw 1 light towards the Freeway as we were climbing 8th. We likely weren't visible on the road as most of us tend to climb with no lights, other than the rear red blinkie, for the stealth fighter effect. We also saw 1 rider with dog at the bottom of Hulls near the bridge at Red Sands.

Wandervans

I must have just missed you this evening

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    I'll be swinging by Camelsback park at 6pm for an hour or so on the trails.

...just to say I did it, k?
    I got over to the camelsback a little after six. Me and the dog rode up sidewinder and back down and then down hulls to finish up the ride. My hands were not as cold as last night, but the feed were definatly a little chilled when I got home. My case of toe warmers should arrive soon.

Stopping definatly was not a problem on the trails without studs so if the weather stays like this the trail will stay rideable. I don't have a set of studded tires so when they ice over I will have to stay inside.

Chris
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

I was in a bit of a hurry...

... so I didn't hang out out at CB long. Probably left within minutes of SmileyCook getting there. I rode up Kestral, over to MR, looped up to Shane's & returned the way I came. Saw some hikers with headlamps on Shane's but no other riders. Toes chilled in the overboots but fingers were fine.

Trails are hard and fast - I'm was digging 'em. I suspect the trails are fine to with ~1000 ft of Boise ridge road. where you might pick up some deeper snow.

I was just starting to enter a "not enought snow to ski, not sure about riding" funk (despite some good rides last weekend), but if things stay like this for a while, I won't mind putting off skiing for the time being.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member

Mantra and Ridgeback

If that guy with the dog at the bottom of Hulls was on a Mantra and the dog was a Rhodesian Ridgeback, then that would've been me... It was awesome out there tonight as well!
    G

mtbr member
    May 2004

I have to send my Niterider back for repair

Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    After hitting the winter weights the dog and I went for a night ride in the foothills. We did just a freeway to hulls gulch loop and did not see a soul. The trails were definatly rock hard and they rode really well. I did not ride the cliff section on hulls all the walking on it made it like an ice shoot, plus I doubt the dog could go get help if I crashed. The feet were a little chilled at the end, but we had a grand old time! I think I will go out again tommorrow night if the weather holds.
    Hey Smily how you doin, let's ride soon.

MY light completely cut out on me the other night on the road bike (coming back down Federal Way). Finally got an RMA. I hope they repair it fast!

I didn't want to go buy another light when I already have one but need that light!
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music