What are your Memorial Day Weekend plans?- Mtbr.com

Aug 2004

New question here. What are your Memorial Day Weekend plans?

I'm working Thursday and Friday nights and most of the day on Saturday . I better be earning enough money for that damn Yeti 575!!!!

On Sunday, I *might* be heading up to hook up with some friends in the Edna Creek/Crooked River area above Idaho City and camp overnight (they'll be up there on Friday)...just all depends on how burned out I am from the previous 3 days.

Looking at my Boise NF map, it looks like there some MTB'ing possibilities in that area, but I'm not positive. There are trails in the area, just don't know if they are MTB (and especially SS) friendly. Anyone ever ridden up there? What is doable besides Jennie Lake?

Thanks

Nick

Wandervans

If you ride near the yurts

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    I'm working Thursday and Friday nights and most of the day on Saturday . I better be earning enough money for that damn Yeti 575!!!!

On Sunday, I *might* be heading up to hook up with some friends in the Edna Creek/Crooked River area above Idaho City and camp overnight (they'll be up there on Friday)...just all depends on how burned out I am from the previous 3 days.

Looking at my Boise NF map, it looks like there some MTB'ing possibilities in that area, but I'm not positive. There are trails in the area, just don't know if they are MTB (and especially SS) friendly. Anyone ever ridden up there? What is doable besides Jennie Lake?

Thanks

Nick
    it is singlespeedable, but the other trails in the area call for gears. In my opionion leave the SS at home and ride some of the cool rides in the area on the gear bike.

Chris
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

mtbr member
    May 2004

Staying local

Thanks

Nick
    For rides, I'm hoping that somehow can get RM Chainstays from Canada overnighted
    if not, will ride road and take the Kona Shred over to Ussery and Willow lane to practice
    I might even put clipless on it and do a XC ride with folks

Also got honey do's or GF "to do's" however you want to put it which will come in the afternoons, early evenings after riding!

Have a good one all!

Barneys Unite!

Memorial Weekend Plans?

Let's see.

1) Finish digging up the walkway to the garage

2) Replace with 80 concrete pavers

3) Mow

4) Misc. Yard Work

5) I know my wife is dreaming up some other work

I figure that takes me up until Sunday night - then I get to have brats and hot sausage with some friends.

Might even get to ride some on Monday! At least it looks like the weather is going to be beautimous.

Happy riding!

mtbr member
    can someone name some good rides around the northfork boise area?

i was just up there and rode some of the northfork trail. my wife was pushing a lot, so we turned back after a while. did we turn around too soon. we were hoping to loop it with the horse heaven trail.

but, the northfork trail was super rocky and my wife wasn't riding anything.

thanks for the info...

mtbr member
    leaving work around 4pm Wednesday and driving south from Bozeman to somewhere between Jackson Hole and Flaming Gorge rec area then sleeping in the car. Waking up Thursday and driving the rest of the way to Fruita, stopping at any nice sights along the way. Camping at the state park in Fruita. Riding as many of the Bookcliffs trails at possible on Friday. Mary's, Moore Fun, Steve's area on Saturday, check out downtown Grand Junction. Ride somewhere on Sunday, maybe go to Colorado Nat'l Monument. Long a$$ drive home Monday. Back to work on Tuesday, tired but hopefully with a better attitude than I've had lately.

King of the Barneys

If the planets all line up right,

Thanks

Nick
    It's off to Bend and the Mckenzie River Trail with the Dirt Dart and others. hope it comes together...

CB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Feb 2005

Idaho City Ride Mayhaps....

Might have Saturday free, was thinking about seeing if the Idaho City Yurt areas were dry enough to ride. I've only walked the skyline loop with Ami last year, but according to a map I found, it looks like there is a crap-load of possibility up there. Hmmm.. I smell an expedition!

Nick, If I happen to see a yellow ford exploder while I'm up there... I'll stick a pine-cone under you windshield wimper or something to say HI. LOL

mtbr member
    May 2004

Trip is Cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    It's off to Bend and the Mckenzie River Trail with the Dirt Dart and others. hope it comes together...

CB
    Chris,

I was going too but Steve has to be around here for family reasons; I believe he was going to call folks. He had to cancel Moab as well - I suggested we go back to Moab around October. sorry about this news...

King of the Barneys

Well, that may be

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Chris,

I was going too but Steve has to be around here for family reasons; I believe he was going to call folks. He had to cancel Moab as well - I suggested we go back to Moab around October. sorry about this news...
    for the best, in a way, since I've got a zillion things I would have to dump on my wife this weekend, just to go and play. That, and we've been invited to half a dozen graduation parties, there's a crew coming to work on our backyard Saturday, etc., etc. Now wife's got the flu, so it would hardly earn me husband of the year to take off.

Thanks for the news. I was gonna call the Dart this a.m., and probably still will to tell him we'll do it again, and that we're praying for Laurel's mom in the hospital.

CB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Fast food, fast women and a slow singlespeed. I'll be batting .333.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    May 2004

I think

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    for the best, in a way, since I've got a zillion things I would have to dump on my wife this weekend, just to go and play. That, and we've been invited to half a dozen graduation parties, there's a crew coming to work on our backyard Saturday, etc., etc. Now wife's got the flu, so it would hardly earn me husband of the year to take off.

Thanks for the news. I was gonna call the Dart this a.m., and probably still will to tell him we'll do it again, and that we're praying for Laurel's mom in the hospital.

CB
    We should plan a definite trip to Moab/Fruita in October
    what do you think?

King of the Barneys

Now that's the best

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    We should plan a definite trip to Moab/Fruita in October
    what do you think?
    think I've heard all month. In October I hope to be in some exotic locale celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary, but by now, my wife will understand if I have to go riding instead.

Heard there's a couple new trails since I've been to Moab, and my friend at Dreamride has been twisting my arm for Fruita for almost 10yrs! Let's put it together. It would be Moore Fun, don'tcha think?

CB

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

ride, ride, ride and ride

Let's see, this weekend: I think I'll ride Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Just like a normal weekend.

mtbr member
    Anyone have any good memorial weekend plans?

This is my first memorial weekend in Boise and was thinking of heading to Crouch, Idaho City, N Fk Boise, Owyhees, or somewhere to do some exploring but I'm not sure which of these is likely to be overrun by OHVs. Any suggestions?

BMX:Our Shining Future

Did somebody take over Belay Slave's account?

I am so confused. Meeting some friends from Gt Falls at Fred Robinson Bridge at the CMR Friday nite and will go from there probably The Pines and a little freeriding in Glasgow. We'll have tweens so not likely any long or difficult riding. Have a good weekend all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wandervans
    I am off to hood river. Sounds like a good weekend to start riding bogus.
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

I'm working 12 hours on Saturday and riding for 12 hours on Sunday.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    I have to admit, even I'm a bit freaked by the revival of this post. When I saw "Belay Slave" as the author, I wondered which dimension I'd slipped into this week, Or this second.

Nick, we still miss you. Ride the singletrack in the sky, big man. I want the pink helmet, just to honor you.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'm working too - including Monday, oh well at least get paid the holiday time for Mon. I'll be doing some riding later afternoons and certainly going riding up at Bogus one of the days.

Enjoy your M Day Weekend!

Nick rest in peace
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Rides shared with friends: Soul Music

Barneys Unite!
    Couldn't agree more. Mahalo, Nick!

TF

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Earthpig's special Memorial Day weekend plans:

one hot and spicy enema
    Nair-ing my back
    nipple piercing
    monkey spanking
    bishop flogging
    butter churning
    b!tch slapping
    ho pimping
    mack daddying
    rump ranging
    cat spraying
    beer spitting
    booger eating
    crack flossing
    leg smooving
    doob smoking
    pants peeing
    lube shopping
    a$$ kissing
    babysitter leering
    lemur drinking
    corn chip crushing
    fridge stuffing
    bum beating
    prank calling
    violent screaming
    tail gating
    drunk munching
    peanut-butter sniffing
    thong shopping
    buddha rubbing
    mountain biker elbowing
    man hassling,

and

least I forget

mtbr member annoying.

Not necessarily in that order.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

A good rubbing

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Earthpig's special Memorial Day weekend plans:

one hot and spicy enema
    Nair-ing my back
    nipple piercing
    monkey spanking
    bishop flogging
    butter churning
    b!tch slapping
    ho pimping
    mack daddying
    rump ranging
    cat spraying
    beer spitting
    booger eating
    crack flossing
    leg smooving
    doob smoking
    pants peeing
    lube shopping
    a$$ kissing
    babysitter leering
    lemur drinking
    corn chip crushing
    fridge stuffing
    bum beating
    prank calling
    violent screaming
    tail gating
    drunk munching
    peanut-butter sniffing
    thong shopping
    buddha rubbing
    mountain biker elbowing
    man hassling,

and

least I forget

mtbr member annoying.

Not necessarily in that order.
    I know you want to rub my belly. But let's skip it and go straight to bump'n uglies
    Attached Images Attached Images