What are your fave Boise National Forest rides?- Mtbr.com
    Hi!!!

New question here. What are your fave Boise National Forest rides?

OK folks...when the conditions permit...I'd like to do some exploring of the BNF around Idaho City. I'm pretty familiar with both the Banner Ridge and Gold Fork Park & Ski areas, so I'll definately hit those later this spring/summer. But I was wondering what would be some other good rides in the BNF that are not in any of the guidebooks?

Thanks

Nick

Nooberific
    We did bear run.. It's in the "Mountain biking idaho" book. 14 miles of downhill... painful 3 miles of uphill to pilot peak. VERY fun.

If this doesn't give you spring fever... you are dead from the neck up. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

King of the Barneys

here's one I did a

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    OK folks...when the conditions permit...I'd like to do some exploring of the BNF around Idaho City. I'm pretty familiar with both the Banner Ridge and Gold Fork Park & Ski areas, so I'll definately hit those later this spring/summer. But I was wondering what would be some other good rides in the BNF that are not in any of the guidebooks?

Thanks

Nick
    a few years back. Not a big deal, but a fun diversion on the way to Stanley:

http://tinyurl.com/3mh54
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Wandervans

lots of good stuff

in the BNF. I really like riding in the Danskins on both sides of blacks creek rd in the spring and fall. Plus there is the whole backside of the front.

A little farther from Boise I enjoy the ride to Tripod Peak near sagehen res. or going farther east to the kirkham ridge and warm springs trails make for two more great rides. These two trails both start right near bonneville hot springs. One the other side of the road is the blue jay trail to ten mile trail which makes for a cool loop.

The Julie Creek Trail is also a blast if you are strong enought, this can be connected to other trails too...

On the road up to the trinty mountains from anderson ranch also has a couple of good loops. Or coming off of the Boise River towards Trinty you have sheep creek too.

Ohh.. too many to list.. it all depends on how adventerous you want to get. Buy a BNF map and then look for loops. I would also suggest calling the respective ranger district and getting an update on tree clearing and such...
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com