I grew up in Cheyenne, Wyoming and began my cycling when I was very young. I was only riding my old Nishiki Custom Sport road bike back then and not involved with mountain biking. I remember the looks I would get from people when I rode out on Happy Jack toward the summit between Cheyenne and Laramie. I had ideals that I was going to be the first american Tour de France winner...ha ha. Little did I know that was definitly not going to be the case at the time. I was doing what I enjoyed and riding my bike and playing soccer was it. I NEVER saw anyone else riding the way I rode here around Cheyenne! That was almost 30 years ago. In 1987, I gradutated from Central, two years later joined the Army and saw the world. During that time, I was introducted to mountain biking and fell in love with it! I would come back to Cheyenne from time to time to visit family and still not see that much cycling going on in the area. I just recently got back from yet another deployment and am now on a month long vacation from the Army. Brought my Yeti and Trek mountain bikes along with my Giant roadie with me to ride during my time off. I have been in Cheyenne for a couple of days now and I am constantly seeing people riding bikes on the Greenway and see numerous bike racks on vehicles. I smile evertime I see that! I went to Curt Gowdy to ride the trails up there and was very surprised at the system up there! I loved the trail I rode! I even saw some people camped out with bikes set up next to the tents. Wow! Don't ever remember seeing that when I went to Granite before. I think it has a lot to do with the Greenway being built and extended over the years. YOU GO, CHEYENNE!