What are the chances of Targhee BP staying open an extra week?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What are the chances of Targhee BP staying open an extra week?

Planned a trip (back in June) for the 22-25th with plans to ride the park on the 24th. Didn't realize the park was closing on the 17th.

My buddy was up there last year working/riding and said they stayed open and extra week (or two?) due to good weather. Anybody wanna make any guesses this year?

While I'm sure we'll find plenty of great riding to keep us busy for 4 days.... really wanted to check the park out because everybody seems to rave about it and I only do 2 or 3 park days per year.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Can't comment on that, but they weren't allowing bikes on the lift due to how wet the trails are this weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Can't comment on that, but they weren't allowing bikes on the lift due to how wet the trails are this weekend.
    Yeah, I think we pushed the envelope a little too far with this trip.... we were trying for max color. Supposed to be highs in the 40's with rain/snow most of the week it looks like. We pulled the plug on the condo in Jackson and have booked a place in Sedona instead. We'll try this one again earlier next year. Really bummed out...... was looking forward to checking out Jackson and finishing the season off with a great high country trip before we spend the rest of the fall/winter in the desert.

The good news is, places in Sedona were cheaper so even with losing our deposit, we really aren't out much if any $$.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Good choice- I talked to a patroller last night and he said the season is done at the ghee. Enjoy Sedona.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    You can still ride the XC trails, or ride to the top and come down the DH trails. Covered with snow right now but forecast looks good for next week.