What the???- Mtbr.com

Thread: What the???

Look out!

What the???

I reduced the picture and messed up the op. Dang see below.
    Last edited by mtnbkrid; 09-02-2010 at 06:58 PM.
    Ride the bike.

Look out!

What the?

I saw this at the Freestone ridge and trail 6 junction today a full unopened bag of dog food, things that make you go hmmm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Wolf baiting!
    BoiseBoy

Boise
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrid
    I saw this at the Freestone ridge and trail 6 junction today a full unopened bag of dog food, things that make you go hmmm.
    Now I've seen it all... ...maybe the sheep herders are on their way in?

bike me, then beer me

At least it's better than...

leaving waste for the poop fairies! Perhaps someone is planning ahead??

just a man
    Whatever animal they're targeting, they're trying to kill it. Old Roy is 99.9% corn products and that just aint right for the lower GI. I mean even Earthpig won't eat that crap. That's how bad it is.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    I mean even Earthpig won't eat that crap. That's how bad it is.
    That depends on how many King Cobra bites he's had.

Besides, that stuff's cheaper than Hammer Perpetuem. And it tastes good too!
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I went by that dog food bag a couple days ago. Made me stop and go hmmm too. Forgot about it till I saw this post. I thought at the time, "Who the hell would hump a bag of dog food up here and leave it". It remain a strange mystery.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Went running by there last night. The bag is still there unopended.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Bag still there as of Sunday evening.

I'm more of an Alpo or Puppy Chow kinda guy. Keeps a fellow super regular.

mtbr member
    maybe its a geocache!

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    maybe its a geocache!
    You take some kibble and leave some dog poo, right? Is that how geocaches work?

just a man
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Keeps a fellow super regular.
    SALAD.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I sent a email with the photo to Dave Gordon at Ridge to Rivers and here is his reply:

Thanks for the photo Dennis - I have heard about it. Not sure what to think, though I'm guessing it was left by a sheepherder in the vicinity, and someone brought it up to the trail to be removed. We'll try to get up there to do that - it just hasn't been our top priority of late. Have a good day.dg

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dkahern
    I sent a email with the photo to Dave Gordon at Ridge to Rivers and here is his reply:

Thanks for the photo Dennis - I have heard about it. Not sure what to think, though I'm guessing it was left by a sheepherder in the vicinity, and someone brought it up to the trail to be removed. We'll try to get up there to do that - it just hasn't been our top priority of late. Have a good day.dg
    This begs the question of what those priorities might be. If it was cat food, I'm sure it would have been removed by now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I think they've got their priorities pretty straight over at R to R. I know Dave and his crew are underfunded and under manned for all the trails they have to maintain. I think that they \ have done an excellent job with the foothill trails (think Fat Tire and Watchman recently). Big difference from what things were like when I moved here 20 year ago. Besides, I'll miss the anticipation of wondering if the dog food will be there next time I run or ride past that spot.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    I think the bag should remain at this location. Nothing like a filling mid-ride snack when you're out of power bars and gels.

Even better, it could be used to create an interesting and technical "trail feature." That should make the freeride crowd wet their chamois-less baggies with glee.
    Last edited by Earthpig; 09-16-2010 at 12:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Boiseans must be an affluent bunch- that bag wouldn't last 45 mins in Valley County.

"Ol' Roy" does make for a good trail name though.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Less in the North.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dkahern
    I think they've got their priorities pretty straight over at R to R. I know Dave and his crew are underfunded and under manned for all the trails they have to maintain. I think that they \ have done an excellent job with the foothill trails (think Fat Tire and Watchman recently). Big difference from what things were like when I moved here 20 year ago. Besides, I'll miss the anticipation of wondering if the dog food will be there next time I run or ride past that spot.
    Don't get yer panties bunched. The "priorites" comment was related to the dog food/cat food distinction.

Sarcasm is a dying art form.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Sarcasm is a dying art form.
    Sarcasm is alive and well. Appreciation of sarcasm is in the toilet.

You'd think those Tea Bag Partiers had a clue. Like the beer companies, they're in the business of keeping you stupid so you'll buy more product. In the case of the Tea Baggers, the product is gasoline and Fox News advertisements.

How will it look in the next life? Enquiring minds want to know.

Whew.

That coffee went right through me.

BMX:Our Shining Future

New question here. How it will look in the next life

Gee I am so glad that somebody asked that very question since I have been working on the answer now for forty nine years in a row. In the next life there will be lots and lots of bicycles everywhere. Like in Amsterdam. People will ride bicycles all over the place. On the sidewalk, street, highways, federal interstate highway systems, trails, including trails on public lands, imagine that!, and also country roads, people human beings including their dogs running along side or riding cute as a button in a basket, will ride peacefully and happily down winding country roads without so much as a care in this world. Their derriers (sic) will be tight and attractive as will their quads, abs and pecs. They will be physically healthy and mentally healthy as well especially if they have been fired from their jobs and don't have to endure a combination of social hell interspersed with facebook for eight hours a day of sedentary nothingness all lit with flourescent lights beginning and ending with a nightmarish commute with televidiots all talking on their texphones whilst piloting ten thousand pound five hundred foot pound of torque behemouts at seventy miles per hour down the center strip of the LONG ISLAND EXPRESSS!!! No in the next life everything will be fine. Ok. Okey Dokey. Instead of wolfing down toxic burgers wrapped in petrochemical gooop. People will just stop by the side of their pleasant country road and have a quick snack of naturally growing certified organic free range PLANTS and VEGTABLES and also INSECTS and WORMS don't forget the yummy little RODENTS also UNGULATES in the case of large group feasting. I'd like to pause in the middle of this little tirade to quickly say that I would LOVE to invite everybody out to Dirt Camp in the middle of next week for some serious country bicycle riding and a free seminar on how to eat off the wildernex no matter where you are but then it occurs to me that noone but me is going to show up so . . well heck yer all invited anyways! I have more to say but my fingers are tired from typing and it's sunday, day of rest, ha. Hope everybody got a little ride in todays lovely weather. Greggg you are a goddd of cycling!

dave

Members who have read this thread: 0