West Yellowstone riding/guide?- Mtbr.com
    get up n jump

West Yellowstone riding/guide?

We are heading up to W. Yellowstone on Wednesday for a family vacation. We are excited to head up. My bro in law and I were planning on taking our bikes to check out some trails. We did not do much research on what to ride up there, but a couple of weeks ago the bro in law sprained his ankle and does not feel like riding. So now I am stuck as well. My wife does not feel comfortable about me riding solo especially on trails I don't know.

So here is the questions....

Are there any trails that are not very challenging? Is there anybody in the area that is willing to show a old, slow, fat guys some great riding?

I know it is short notice, but the bro in law just let me know yesterday.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

upendoed
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

Mar 2006

Yellowstone Rides

Upendoed,
    Call/email the girls at Free Heel and Wheel bike shop in W. Yellowstone, MT. They have been a great source of reference for my two trips to the 'stone. I've done the park on a road bike, but not a mtb. There were plenty of trailheads between Norris and Old Faithful. Also, the Tower and Canyon areas are BEAUTIFUL on a bike (be prepared to climb). good luck. newb

get up n jump
    HTNewb,

Thanks for the info. I will hit up the girls at Free Heel and Wheels to see if they can help me out. Thanks for the great info on short notice. Very helpful.

upendoed
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0