Weed Bust At Willow Lane!- Mtbr.com

Sep 2007

Weed Bust At Willow Lane!

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up on the illegal weed growing operation at Willow Ln dirt jump park that was busted early this morning. Unfortunately no one was arrested in the ordeal but keep an eye out for suspicious behavior if your in the area.
    Attachment 297015

Attachment 297016

Attachment 297017
    THE AFTERMATH
    Attachment 297018

Attachment 297019
    Last edited by Royal; 04-27-2008 at 03:39 PM.

Sep 2007

The Sting

Shots from above
    Attachment 297026
    The clean up crew
    Attachment 297027

Sep 2007

loser

Get a life loser stuff will rot youre brain

Sep 2007

Whoops, sorry for the mixup, this is just your average everyday legal weed. Just trying to break up the monotany and have some fun. Put in 3.5hrs this morning until the pager went off and guessing theres about 6hrs left, any takers?

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    no worries Royal. I recognized the plant as a chenopod and not a hemp. thanks for cleaning that area up. Sorry I can't help. I am already throwing in some volunteer time this weekend.

that area needs a dose of roundup and then pre-emergent next spring. if you are into that next spring, i'd be up to help you.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member

Roundup

Thanks to everyone who cares for Willow lane. I have gone out a few time each year and sprayed roundup to keep the weeds down.

We could really use a key person as contact to the Parks department to coordinate volunteer days.

My hope is that the jumps can be built in a more progressive beginner to intermediate level. This will help new riders develop skills and if the gapes are filled in provide a better experience for those who want to develop skills. The lips of the jumps might hold up better as well if the back sides were supported by the fill in.

Jerry Pugh volunteer coordinator of Parks and Rec is in agreement that willow lane can be more sustainable if the jumps were built as progressions.

If the weather get back up to 70 I'll go out with another spray of round up. When should pre-emergent be applied?

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    pre-emergent should be applied next spring. the regimen is as follows:

allow seeds to sprout and develop leaves.
    apply roundup
    apply pre-emergent.

Meeker might have better advice.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

obviously a joke

I thought it was funny royal and knew it was a joke right away. Don't apologize or tame it down, humor in the forum is always welcome as long as not at anybody's expense.

Sep 2007

Looking good

Roundup and pre-emergent are much needed but it was seriously to far gone for it to work, most of the larger jumps were unridable. I spent another 4hrs out there today and am guessing there's another 10+ left. My hopes were to bag it up and dispose of it properly but It's going to take a 1 ton or a good old fashioned burning, they spread like wildfire(I'll figure something out). I took this upon myself and it will be finished up before October starts. It would be nice to see it looking like this again:

Attachment 297350

aaarrrggghh!

Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Howley
    My hope is that the jumps can be built in a more progressive beginner to intermediate level. This will help new riders develop skills and if the gapes are filled in provide a better experience for those who want to develop skills. The lips of the jumps might hold up better as well if the back sides were supported by the fill in.
    I hate to be the naysayer here but you couldn't be more wrong on many levels. There are three progressive lines out there already. How many more do you need? Secondly, gap jumps have better lips because people who aren't ready for jumps of that caliber won't roll over them and destroy said lips. Gap jumps are for people who are ready to hit them by practicing on the 2 other progressive table top lines. The problem with Willow isn't the style of jumps, its with the proximity to the general public that has no appreciation of how much time goes into keeping jumps like those in good shape. Every once in awhile someone like Royal goes out there with great intentions, does a bunch of work to make the jumps ride great again, only to return at a later time period to find his or her handiwork destroyed by some dumba$$ on a dirtbike. Yes this actually happened.

I don't think Willow is the place for a progresssive jump park that leads into expert lines. Just turn the whole thing into a skills park with tabletops that can withstand the abuse novice riders put on them and quit expecting some superhero in a dirt jump lid to make the place something its never been capable of being, a respected dirt jump park.

My vote is for the riders serious about building awesome dirt jumps to be patient for the Velopark. Everyone knows this is going to be top tier cycling park and perhaps the general public that lives around that area will respect it for that.

Sep 2007

Right on

Thumbs up for Ivan, your dead on in what you said. It would be nice if everyone understood how progression occurs and work the smaller tables until the brain barrier of the larger gap jumps is surpassed. The reason I did this was for the kids, a few weeks back I overheard some of them complaining about it so I just took it upon myself to help out. I use Willow to practice tricks and ride Burned Up Dog Sh*&@ Street (Ussery) for catching air and progression until I can hang with the big boys up top.

Members who have read this thread: 0