Watch Out For Ice When Going Dh!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Watch Out For Ice When Going Dh!!!

Crashed on Hulls today. I thought I knew just where the ice patches were. Ouch!
    My ankle looks like a Balloon can you say Ibuprofen!. Man, one hits an ice patch and one goes down, hard in a fraction of a second. Ice don't mess around. Me not like ice (any kind of ice).

Anyhoo, not bad ride other than that. I found a new rock to roll down on Hulls, and it is huckable. I kept looking at it and then rolled it and it was super easy. Ian and them have probably been riding it for years, but I'm starting to open my eyes --to see the lines
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 11-29-2006 at 06:36 PM.
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

just a man
    bummer dude! heal up soon!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks Craig

gringo-fied facsimiles
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    My ankle looks like a Balloon can you say Ibuprofen!. Man, one hits an ice patch and one goes down, hard in a fraction of a second. Ice don't mess around. Me not like ice (any kind of ice).

Anyhoo, not bad ride other than that. I found a new rock to roll down on Hulls, and it is huckable. I kept looking at it and then rolled it and it was super easy. es Ian and them have probably been riding it for years, but I'm starting to open my eyes --to see the lines
    Clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap I am so glad to hear this from you mr d. not the whole ice incident but the opening of the eyes and seeing the lines. its fun huh!!?!! now heal up and hit it again!!
    http://www.bradwaltonphoto.com
    "you slow whitted rectal beltch" -sp

Hoops - Big and Small
    98 - I generally ride up Hulls in winter cause going down you have to use the brakes so much it just seems wrong. I'll rip the freeway, even with the motto whoops filled with ice as long as you hit them square you'll coast across the icy puddles, fun. Heal up quick to ride another day!

roar
    break out the studs...
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Studs weren't used in this AM's ride. Studs just make me go faster, and do silly things.

Be careful driving in. There was a lot of ice, as of 5:50 am.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    . Ian and them have probably been riding it for years, but I'm starting to open my eyes --to see the lines
    You have got to stop putting Ian and his buds on a pedestal. Yes, they are great riders, it just gets really annoying to both the rider and the others that listen/read that they are being praised. Some may enjoy it, but knowing Ian, he is not one of those.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    why why?

Lacticacid head

Here is the results of my ride buds ice ride a couple years ago simple new years ride wound up taking a full day of extraction, shuttles and needles and pins ... yea it can happen on any ride, but ice really does compound the danger.
    bicycling been very very good to me....

I do not like ice.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.lacticacidheads.com
    drop in, spin a spell~
    happy trails~

mtbr member
    May 2004

a few days later

one of those "sleeper" injuries. I mean on the trail I was like "ouch, ouch, ouch".
    but now, a few days later, my leg and shoulder really hurts. I think I might have come a little ways shy of breaking some bones, actually.

ughhh! maybe get studded tires like mod suggested

Members who have read this thread: 0