Warm weather riding.- Mtbr.com
    let freedom ring!

Warm weather riding.

Well I'm off to sunny Arizona today for a week of riding. I have hooked up with someone off the AZ post and have a few South Mountain rides set up should be fun, the riding anyways. Not looking forward to 18 hours with the 2, 5, and ten year old daughters strapped to their carseats. Later.
    My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Have fun Warren, even on the drive if ya can. Take some pics man!

Hi!!!
    Born in Phoenix in 1972 (St. Josephs...yes I'm a ghetto baby). That's where my mom and dad "settled" when they first came over on the boat. My dad would work in both AZ and California in the fields (THANK GOD the border fence didn't go up yet!!!). Then somehow we got shipped up here.

My sisters and assorted nieces and nephews are still down there. Couple of ol' BSU roomies down there too. They are loving it. The last time I was there was what...2002? If I win the lottery and BSU somehow makes it to the Fiesta Bowl...I'm sooooo down there with the Yeti!

I lurk the AZ forum alot and am in envy of all the riding that's down there. Not sure I would like running into a rattler or cactus or a scorpion. YIKES!!!!

Have fun Warren! Have a safe drive and take TONS of pix!!
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 11-17-2006 at 09:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

South Mountain rocks!

Have a good friend that lives in Phoenix.......I head down there sometimes in the winter for at least a day or two of riding. Prefer the Sedona area, but I've been snowed out of there in January.

I would avoid South Mountain on a weekend if possible....gets pretty busy. National is my favorite trail on the mountain. Can be done as an out-and-back or tied in with Morman, Javelina, Telegraph Pass and Desert Classic (19 mile loop). South Mtn is the best riding in the Phoenix area.......enjoy!
    Last edited by Markv; 11-17-2006 at 04:26 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004

TERVOR THE GREAT
    I'm leaving 6am tomorrow to do the same... I may be hooking up with Warren for a ride or two there...

I'm hoping to hook up with some of the freeriders there and hit some of the bigger stuff, along with the good ol South Mountain stuff...

Trevor
    I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Members who have read this thread: 0