Wanted: Singles Only- Mtbr.com
    Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

Wanted: Singles Only

Singletrack.....that is.

Anyone notice all the "different" lines at Rock Island? Anyone notice the turns are being cut? Anyone wanna help keep RI single?

Geez. I feel like a panhandler.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Aug 2004
    Day and time?

Tuesday and Thursday of Next week. I'll be up there between 5-7pm. I've been asked to get a group together that will do some maintenace to keep it a one singletrack up there, as people are cutting switchbacks and other trails are forming.

Jan 2005
    Honestly, I don't mind the corners being cut at all, as that makes it that much easier to hike back up and ride it again...

But I guess you've got to keep it single... I'll see about Thursday, as I don't have school, and I might not have to work...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DelTaco
    Honestly, I don't mind the corners being cut at all, as that makes it that much easier to hike back up and ride it again...

But I guess you've got to keep it single... I'll see about Thursday, as I don't have school, and I might not have to work...
    Keeping the singletrack single and people staying on the built trails was part of the agreement between SWIMBA, the trailbuilders and R2R during the development of Rock Islands. Llisten to Visi, he knows what he's talking about. Rock Island can get closed down if bootleg trails multiply...

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Keeping the singletrack single and people staying on the built trails was part of the agreement between SWIMBA, the trailbuilders and R2R during the development of Rock Islands. Llisten to Visi, he knows what he's talking about. Rock Island can get closed down if bootleg trails multiply...
    Exactly...that was something Dave Gordon mentioned earlier this year when he spoke at REI.

Visi...unfortunately I work both those nights at the store ...otherwise I would love to help you.

mtbr member

Good job!

Count me in for now. I rode rock islands this weekend and noticed that. Also, I think some of the corners could use some maintenance. I know berms are probably out of the question, but the corners are hard to take at very high speeds and are getting rutted out.

Russell
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor
    Either ive got a lot of mud on my tire, or i'm hauling Kenne's ego

Jan 2005
    I haven't ridden it recently, so I'm not sure exactly how prominent these new trails are. I would like to help you tear them down. I just was stating that personally, I would have no problem with them being there...

And russell makes me laugh. He has an authentic trevor quote...

I am unfortunately learning more about all the agreements for all the trails, and Flip is correct.

I ran RI and it could use some love.

Rocks Rock

Tuesday

Anyone want to meet at the golf course parking lot about 5:45, head up to the trail at 6:00 pm.
    Am I being kind?

mtbr member

Dude

Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    Anyone want to meet at the golf course parking lot about 5:45, head up to the trail at 6:00 pm.
    We probably won't make it today as Joe needs to get his bike shipped by COB today so we're going to hit the trails a little early...

Rocks Rock

When

We probably won't make it today as Joe needs to get his bike shipped by COB today so we're going to hit the trails a little early...
    What time are you riding? I might be able to get off early today. I'd hate to miss out on meeting Joe.
    Am I being kind?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    FWIW, I'll be hitting Table Rock/Castle Rock/Rock Islands around 5:30 or so. Hope to run into some or all of you then.

mtbr member
    Gary, it was cool hooking up with you guys on Sunday a.m. Very nice ride.

I hope that Joe enjoyed his vacation. Seems like a good guy.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

look for the asian doped up on cold meds throwing shrubbery everywhere...

Dave - thanks for showing up and helping. I wouldn't have gotten as much done w/o you. I actually would have just been wandering around hop'd up on cold meds wondering what I was doing.

Rocks Rock

That sh!t aint right

We have some folks doing unauthorized trail work on table rock. Someone or ones have messed with the wedge. I hope Zebdi doesn't find out who did it. Also on RI someone removed some babyhead rocks and tried to put flat ones in there. Who ever did it knows where it is. Someone burmed a turn so they could get speed to launch a 2 1/2 foot rock. The only problem is there will be a lake there when it rains. This burm needs to be removed.
    Soooooooooo the rules are 1) Stay on the trail. 2) Don't do trail work to make the trails easier. If you can't ride it use ride arounds where provided or walk it.
    Al is the man. Thanx for getting this started. If we don't follow the R to R rules we will be kicked out.
    Last edited by impdude; 10-05-2006 at 06:35 AM.
    Am I being kind?

Aug 2004
    I went running up there earlier tonight....

Al...I really didn't notice anything out of the ordinary...well I take that back...OK I did see some shortcuts here and there...but for some odd reason I thought that they have always been there.

Also...I noticed that a couple of the features have been modified somewhat...either that or maybe I didn't notice them in the past.

Carry on....

I really need help with management and maintenance of Rock Island. I was hoping we as a group could find a way to control the number braided trails that weave through the area and keep it singletrack. It is an issue that we as a community need to resolve so we can use that solidarity to leverage more trails of this type.

I miss the days when I only spoke of spackle. My honeymoon is over.

Aug 2004
    Al ---

Count me in to help....I'm planning on hiking Table Rock at least once a week (next time will be next Monday). Guess we just need to coordinate schedules.

Nick

Anyone wanna help do trail work on Wednesday? Impdude was the only that help last time. I could use a hand moving shrubbery and such.

Rocks Rock
    I'll be riding up there Tuesday but can't make it Wednesday. Sorry
    Am I being kind?

Dave, I'll be up there gathering debris and rock. As you know, we need a lot of debris and rock. Look for the BOB trailer.

Aug 2004
    Al ---

What are you Rock Island plans for next week?

Nick

I am planning to complete this project tonite, if I don't I'll be up there next Tuesday. The work tonite involves blocking developing threads around the lower rocks on the trail. I could use a lot of help tonite as this will require a lot of hauling of material, but I think only Ryman will be helping me.

I was hoping that this project would get a good showing so we could prove to R2R and Parks&Rec that we were a cohesive group...but oh well...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    I was hoping that this project would get a good showing so we could prove to R2R and Parks&Rec that we were a cohesive group...but oh well...
    What ever happened to the original builders? Don't they care anymore about Boise's only somewhat technical trail segment?
    I'd be there with you tonight but I'm stuck in Albuecracky schmoozing clients and hating golf. Heck, the only time I ever ride that trail segment is up on my CX bike.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

gringo-fied facsimiles

what time tonight Al?

I have all day off, and was planning to ride up and help, what time are you planning to be there? what do I need to bring?
    As for the original builders? The original builders have been building originality all over the boise front. Now that the building season is almost over we can go back into places and fine tune and repair, you should join us there twisted.

I'll be up there by 5:30, but probably earlier. You won't need any tools, just some good work gloves to help move brush. We just need to put material on the new walk-arounds people have created. I would bring a lot of spare tubes. The goatheads are bad!!!

Thanks for joining me and the red demons.

gringo-fied facsimiles

Thanks Al!!

I plan to start at 3 at the latest. I am going to do a ride first and sweat out a hangover... and then start on the trail.

Hangover. Yucky.

Do your ride first. I'll be up there with the BOB trailer and the demons right around 5..earlier if I can swing it.

Thanks Surly, Ryman, and Garnetspur!!! I appreciate the help, and you guys made a big job a lot smaller.

Surly, thanks for staying out there so long!!! You win the gold star for 3 hours of work!!!

I'm off to splashdown and a new high water mark!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0