Wanted: Idaho Falls MTB Tour Guide, Labor Day Weekend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Wanted: Idaho Falls MTB Tour Guide, Labor Day Weekend

I'm going to be in Idaho Falls this coming Labor Day weekend. I'll have access to a mountain bike (which used to be mine to boot ) and am looking for somebody to show me some good riding spots on Saturday or Sunday or maybe even both. Likely a free lunch in it for you, too!

Failing that, looking for suggestions on some good, well marked trails I can ride on my own and not get bloody lost, shot, mauled, molested, or any other sort of weirdness. I've found a few on the board; Grand Targhee, Kelly Canyon, the Swan Valley "area" and Keg Springs. Input on these or other suggestions?

Thanks all!

David

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Most of the old classic trails behind Kelly's have been closed and dozed by the forest service. Hawley Gulch and Wolverine are still good rides (atv trails). A new trail was put in at Stinking Springs this year. It's off of the Snake River Road below Kelly's.

Stop in 3 Peaks on Lincoln Road in IF and they'll be able to direct you to some good places. 3 Peaks Outdoor Sports - 910 East Lincoln Road, Idaho Falls - (208) 523-7325

Follow this link to a copy of TVtap's mountain bike map:http://www.tvtap.org/pdf/maps/TVTAPC...nal3-27-05.pdf

The Horseshoe Canyon area is good. Lots of fun trails up there.

Grand Targhee has some good cross country out in Rick's Basin & the downhill trails are very technical.

Members who have read this thread: 0