Visiting Jackson Hole for riding this weekend- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    dmo
    dmo is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,016

    Visiting Jackson Hole for riding this weekend

    Im traveling to Jackson Hole (Teton Village) later this week for work and will have sunday free to get in a good ride. Im going to rent a bike while im there. Where should I ride? Is there a central trail system? Can i find my way around on the trails by myself and a garmin or do i need a guide?

    Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,516
    Ride either on Teton Pass or in Town at the Cache Creek trail system.
    Trailforks is your friend.
    There is one cross country climb at Teton Village, (well, technically two) everything else is intermediate lift served.
    How long of a ride? Elevation gain? Shuttle?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

    Thrill Bikers Unite!

  3. #3
    dmo
    dmo is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ride either on Teton Pass or in Town at the Cache Creek trail system.
    Trailforks is your friend.
    There is one cross country climb at Teton Village, (well, technically two) everything else is intermediate lift served.
    How long of a ride? Elevation gain? Shuttle?
    I was looking to get in 2-4 hrs. Elevation doesnt matter..

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    dmo
    dmo is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,016
    Whats more fun, th he Cache Creek trails or the Trail Creek and Phillips Ridge Trails?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,516
    My suggestion is to ride UP Phillips ridge, and DOWN Phillips Canyon.
    2-3 hours, 2700 vert climb/descent. (2 hours forreally fast guys)
    Do NOT do this in reverse...Phillips Canyon is my favorite (XC) descent in the area.
    Amazing ride.
    Park up Fish Creek road.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

    Thrill Bikers Unite!

  6. #6
    dmo
    dmo is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    My suggestion is to ride UP Phillips ridge, and DOWN Phillips Canyon.
    2-3 hours, 2700 vert climb/descent. (2 hours forreally fast guys)
    Do NOT do this in reverse...Phillips Canyon is my favorite (XC) descent in the area.
    Amazing ride.
    Park up Fish Creek road.
    On trailforks it looks like Phillips canyon turns in Arrow and then that goes backnto parking. Is that correct? Also looks like the parking is off of route 22?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,516
    No, park near the end of Fish Creek.
    You go:
    UP Phillips Ridge
    Down snowtel
    Out Arrow >Phillips CANYON


    Some people do this as a shuttle from off of 22 /Teton Pass, but I like going UP Phillips Ridge much better.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

    Thrill Bikers Unite!

  8. #8
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,516
    To repeat, you only go DOWN Phillips Canyon. Not a climbing trail.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

    Thrill Bikers Unite!

  9. #9
    dmo
    dmo is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    No, park near the end of Fish Creek.
    You go:
    UP Phillips Ridge
    Down snowtel
    Out Arrow >Phillips CANYON


    Some people do this as a shuttle from off of 22 /Teton Pass, but I like going UP Phillips Ridge much better.
    Got it.

    It looks like you can go 2 ways on snowtel. Do you go right or left to get to arrow then phillips canyon?

    Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,516
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    Got it.

    It looks like you can go 2 ways on snowtel. Do you go right or left to get to arrow then phillips canyon?

    Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I personally like to go down Snowtel (Left-ish, really fun short descent) and up Arrow, but it adds a few hundred feet of climbing. If you are whooped at the top of Phillips Ridge, then go right to Arrow>Phillips intersection.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

    Thrill Bikers Unite!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    181
    Heads up if you're planning a Phillips mission: https://buckrail.com/fuels-reduction...ps-ridge-area/

  12. #12
    dmo
    dmo is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Heads up if you're planning a Phillips mission: https://buckrail.com/fuels-reduction...ps-ridge-area/
    We dont have this sort of thing where i live. Is this just a normal warning in your parts or does it mean a tree is going to land on me?

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,516
    I think it means the trails may be closed.
    Good info, hms!
    I rode that loop Saturday, everything was open.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

    And then we eat them."

    Thrill Bikers Unite!

Similar Threads

  1. Jackson hole area riding
    By dft in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2015, 01:29 PM
  2. Visiting WY- Jackson Hole Rides?
    By cosgti in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 10:05 PM
  3. visiting Jackson Hole this weekend
    By Musicguy in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 05:20 PM
  4. Any good riding in Jackson Hole, WY?
    By MqtRider in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 09:17 AM
  5. Advice on bike rentals/riding in Jackson Hole?
    By Zizzle to the Tizzle in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 11:40 AM

Members who have read this thread: 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.